Who else is tired of this.

in Help & Questions

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 16 May 2011 at 2:54 PM

That you don't get a notification if your eggs go out from Tims? my Horsca (Averil, frozen ;^😊 just died because i forgot to put him at Tims ;_; thank goodness that no other creature/egg died but sill, i usually put them at Tims each second or third day (to save EC) but sometimes i forget, so it would be great for eggcave to have a notification for Tims too!
besides, when i checked the regular edition, a notification appeared that one of my creatures died, why didn't it appear in V2?

@Ian, could you please fix this?

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 16 May 2011 at 3:04 PM

The notifications, I've noticed, don't always pop up in V2. Probably a bug that is still being worked out. I'm not sure if a notification for eggs falling out of Tim's care is even in place, as of yet.

Ian doesn't respond to pings, just so you are aware. He'll come here and help when he sees it and has time. 😊

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 16 May 2011 at 3:08 PM

@wolf_obessor most notifications don't appear as pop ups (such as trade, friend etc.) but this one didn't even appear when i checked all notifications ☚ī¸

And he doesn't O_o well, i would understand him since he surely get several thousand pings each day 😱

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 16 May 2011 at 3:15 PM

Yeah. On V1 everything pops up for you, though. So I'm not sure? I'm not sure if this is going to be something he is working on or not.

Yeah. He said he wasn't going to respond to Pings, probably because he would receive so many a day. It would be very very hard to get to all of them.

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 16 May 2011 at 3:16 PM

On V1, post on wall notifications don't appear ☚ī¸
And hope he do (i don't want to lose another creature due to my memory -__-)

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 16 May 2011 at 3:20 PM

I know how you feel about memory issues /lol
Maybe once he sees this thread, he can work on adding/fixing it. 😸

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 16 May 2011 at 3:25 PM

i hope so 😊

1,247 posts

Zac • 16 May 2011 at 4:32 PM

This isn't a bug as no notification of this type has ever been made. I agree it would be helpful though. 😋 Personally, I'd like one that lets you know when a creature hatches/evolves.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 16 May 2011 at 4:37 PM

Ooh, that'd be nice. Lots of people become crazy keeping track of hatching/evolution dates. 😋 Hm, I get all my notifications.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 16 May 2011 at 4:51 PM

@phoenix @zac @wolf-obsessor @whitefall

notifications of this type (i.e. expired at Tim's) have never been made.

the v1 and v2 Notifications systems are not fully integrated, so yes, sometimes you will get notifications other times you won't. this will be fully resolved once we fully transition to v2.

let me know if you have any more questions.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 16 May 2011 at 5:27 PM

Hm, well notifications have never been a problem for me. :/ Well, you know when you have a lot of notifications, the column of pop-ups disappear on the bottom, because there are too many? Maybe you are being notified, but you don't realize it, because it runs off the Beta Home page. 😊

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 16 May 2011 at 6:39 PM

you get a notification if your creature died in v1? hmm... never seen that :/ but then again, its been a looongg time since any of my creatures died 😋

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 16 May 2011 at 7:46 PM

Don't make a notification for Tim's. O_O Please, I beg you, don't. Of course, this is only if you get a notification for each creature

150 creatures + all in Tim's = massive notification spam

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 16 May 2011 at 11:45 PM

I don't some of my notifications in V2 most of the time.

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 17 May 2011 at 1:25 AM

That's a pretty good idea. I always have to write myself a comment as a reminder and even then- I still forget sometimes.

Female
916 posts

evilyowling • 17 May 2011 at 1:40 AM

You cna simply have a area to allow what notfications you want like you can disable tims notification. Easy 😊

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 May 2011 at 1:43 AM

Defeats the purpose of trying to remember rebooking in Tim's

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 17 May 2011 at 8:43 AM

@icymuffin i forgot about that 😱 but i meant one notification for all creatures 😊
And i know no notification of that was ever made, but it would be good if it was made 😱

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 May 2011 at 6:35 PM

But what if you book creatures in at different times, like say, you traded?

I mean, it would be useful but the only problem is it might get complicated

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 17 May 2011 at 10:48 PM

Maybe it could only send you one notification for each time a batch of creatures are going off Tim's. Like, if some of your pets were put in until May 28, and others were put in until June 2. It could send one notification for the May 28 ones, and another notification for the June 2 ones.
I also like the idea of being able to turn notifications on and off.

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 19 May 2011 at 5:47 PM

I hope we can get notifications for when an egg needs Tim's assistance or when an egg hatches or evolves. It would be extremely helpful.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 May 2011 at 6:23 PM

I think there should be options where you can choose which notifications. I'd turn off the ones for my profile. 😸 I get way too many notifications becasue people post on my profile...

Male
216 posts

someone123 • 19 May 2011 at 10:46 PM

Yup all great idea personally I only like notifications for pings, tims (if it gets implimented) and for evolutions (if it also get implimented)

Female
729 posts

vanilla • 20 May 2011 at 8:33 AM

@Phoenix; Awesome idea! 😃 Can't believe i never thought of them before. XP

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 20 May 2011 at 1:04 PM

@smartie2742 thats what i mean 😃

And it would be great if we could turn off some notifications!

@Vanilla thanks 😸

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 28 May 2011 at 8:22 AM

notifications appear about 30-60 seconds after the post, friend request exc. But, yes, on my storage account one of the eggs died and I didn't get a notification on V2. Weird...

Deleted • 28 May 2011 at 8:26 AM

I wish we got notifications when creatures were out of Tim's and when they hatch/evolve! 😃

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 28 May 2011 at 4:07 PM

I don't like this idea. So many of my creatures were put into Tim's on different days, and booked for different lengths of time... heck, I'd be getting notices all the freakin' time. 😱 The biggest part of taking care of a cove is responsibility. Just make sure you click on Tim's, and see who's booked, every day or two. It only takes a couple of seconds. 😊