Mods.

in Chit-Chat

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 16 May 2011 at 9:16 PM

Lets see.
Send me this in a private message filled out.

Someone posts a rude message and deletes it.
Suspend?

Someone spamms the site, all over. All the forums, blog and people's comments.
Suspend?

Someone gets in a fight with another user. "Wow, I hate you." <--- Like that
Suspend?

Someone posts an inapropriate creature name.
Suspend?

Someone posts a double topic.
Suspend?

Someone gets mad at someone and starts ranting.
Suspend?

If you don't say suspend, please say what you would do.

Whats your opinion about having mods?

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 16 May 2011 at 9:19 PM

What's your question exactly? Or is this a game? I don't understand, sorry ☚ī¸ And we do not have mods yet on EggCave 😊 Ian said once V2 gets all good and released he can set up a base and make an application.

And I think Mods are going to be a *great* addition to EggCave. Why? Because it will help control bad behavior.
@crooton1

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 16 May 2011 at 9:31 PM

Yeah, but I would like you guys to fill out the forum because I want to see what modding would be like. :L

@Wolf-obsessor

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 16 May 2011 at 9:35 PM

Oh so you mean like, What we think mods would have to do?
What they would do if someone posted a rude comment then deleted it? 😊
@crooton1

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 16 May 2011 at 9:50 PM

this sounds like a good idea, kind of like a trial!

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 16 May 2011 at 9:51 PM

By suspend you mean a temporary ban, correct? Or a permanent one depending on the severity of the offense.

And I think mods wouldn't handle bans, tbh. I think that's typically done by administrators, like Ian.

Mods are volunteers, and typically just help with sending in reports, deleting posts that are spam or offensive/break rules. Help answer questions etc.

Admins normally have more power on sites. EX: Sending out bans based on the reports they receive from the Mods/users. They are normally the ones that choose what goes on the site, EX: What creatures will be made, travels, events, etc.

So I don't think the Mods would actually be able to ban people. Just the User-Admins. Or just Ian.

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 16 May 2011 at 9:57 PM

Suspend? well, as long as they deleted them i'd let them of on a warning.

Suspend? if it is literally EVERYWHERE and it's a lot then maybe but it depends, I would ask them to stop and delete EVERYTHING and if they don't stop then yes at some point i would come to the conclusion to suspend them!

Suspend? no if it's just like wow i hate you or something similar, I would kindly yet strictly ask them to stop because if they keep continuing it may come to the point of expulsion or suspension

Someone posts an inapropriate creature name.
Suspend?
yes definitely!
Someone posts a double topic.
Suspend? not at all, sometimes it is by accident, unless of course it is more than double, then maybe at some point it would come to suspension

Someone gets mad at someone and starts ranting.
Suspend?
depends how severe the ranting, if they are swearing then most definitely, if they are just typing and all caps lock and say your stupid! exc then i would ask them to stop and delete their posts, strictly then if they dont i would suspend them

If you don't say suspend, please say what you would do.

Whats your opinion about having mods?
GREAT IDEA, Ian can't do everything by himself! We need to help him as a community!

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 16 May 2011 at 10:03 PM

^ Yeah, that's good. Perfect answers.

I think mods should have these powers:

Delete posts
Edit posts
Give warnings
Send suspend/ban requests to Ian

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 16 May 2011 at 10:17 PM

I think deleting posts, editing, and verbal warning are normally things Mods can do. Sending in suggestions for punishment could be something with reports. But I'm still sticking with mods don't ban, only Admins do. Mainly because normally there are lots of mods, and only a handful of admins. So if all the mods ban people, whether the offense deserved it or not, it could get out of hand. See what I mean?

I can't fit the form here, so if you post after this I can probably fit it in.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 16 May 2011 at 10:21 PM

What if they banned Ian o.o

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 16 May 2011 at 10:22 PM

Exactly..
/has to break the form up xD
-Depending on what exactly the user says, either a warning or a temporary suspension.

-Depending on how many spam posts the user had, either an official warning, a point against their account, and a verbal warning. If they continue to spam, a suspension.

-If the fight gets too out of hand, the person who initiated the fight will get a verbal, official, and suspension. However, the other person in the fight, will get a verbal warning, and depending on what all they said, an official warning. But since they didn't initiate the fight, no suspension.

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 16 May 2011 at 11:20 PM

For all of these, I'd just give out a warning. If they do whatever a second time, then I'd suspend. (Unless it was a death threat, racist, or R-rated stuff. Or if someone was trying to hack other people's accounts. Then I'd suspend immediately.)

I think having mods would be a great idea. I might be interested in becoming one, actually.

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 17 May 2011 at 5:19 PM

@wold-obssessor I agree, they don't get to decide who to ban! that's ian's job but it is fun to give your opinion!

Female
35 posts

nyxulfr • 17 May 2011 at 5:57 PM

@crooton1 I agree with your list of mods' "powers", except for the last one. I don't think mods should send suspend/ban requests to admin. They should instead report about the situation that could result in a ban and then it's up to the admin to decid what should be done.

Having mods would be great, forums like this could easily get out of hand. I could se myself becoming one.

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 17 May 2011 at 9:08 PM

@nyxulfr i would love to be a mod but im only on at night times (on school days) I bet that you have to have a facebook to be a mod ☚ī¸ even if i were old enough to have a facebook i still wouldn't want one, what's the point? I'll just stick to eggcave and warrior cats forums thanks 😊!