Popup when feeding

in Problems & Bugs

Deleted • 26 November 2010 at 2:43 PM

Since the suggestion board is still not open, and what I want to talk about makes me angry each and every day I feed, I call it a problem now: this popup telling that you've fed already, is more than annoying, especially when you have a sensitive mouse click. By now I HATE that popup and the noise it makes also xD It makes me wish I wouldnt have to feed anymore.

The text note, that appears there anyway, telling you that you cant feed anymore because you already did, is really totally enough. Everybody will understand it. Who needs disturbing, annoying noisy popups?

Edit: that note under my user name is not written by me - is that a bug??

1,247 posts

Zac • 26 November 2010 at 3:08 PM

The reason for the popup is to not let users re-feed eggs. If you, even by accident, double-click on a food it will show. (So don't double click!)

The reason that the text does not show at first is complicated, but it does show once the page has been refreshed. Because a lot of the site is run off of javascript, Egg Cave's database is able to update even though the page has not been refreshed. In short, there would be little way (and no efficient means) to prevent rapid-click feeding without the popup.

Hope this makes sense! 😊

PS: That question is already answered here: http://new.eggcave.com/forums/topic/3

Deleted • 27 November 2010 at 3:25 PM

I can not NOT double click most of the time, that is the problem, as I said "sensitive mouse".

I do not mean to allow re-feeding, of course not, I just mean bring up the text instead of the popup (or anything else that might be possible, just not this annoying popup lol)

don't understand the PS - the link shows a thread of another topic^^

1,247 posts

Zac • 27 November 2010 at 3:48 PM

Its an option to not do anything on double click, I suppose, but I think its easier just to be careful.

The PS was referring to your statement, "Edit: that note under my user name is not written by me - is that a bug??" Sorry if I was not clear enough. 😊

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 1 December 2010 at 1:19 PM

The solution is relatively simple: don't double click when you feed? If your mouse click is extremely sensitive, perhaps a new trackpad or mouse would suffice?

The note under your username is indeed a bug. Nothing is wrong, it just needs to be fixed for everyone.

Topic locked.