Extremely confused about storages :l

in Help & Questions

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 6 July 2011 at 3:40 PM

Well, i just read on the rules that you can only visit the cave on your main account...how are you supposed to get creatures on your storage then?
And i tried creating a storage but this came up:

Oops! Please take a look at the following:
The email you have entered is already in use.

☹️

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 6 July 2011 at 3:53 PM

You have to trade eggs to your storage. You can always offer junk eggs and then abandon them. And you have to use a different email.

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 6 July 2011 at 4:05 PM

Yeah but how am i suppose to trade eggs to my storage if i don't have anything there to trade with?
And do i really have to create a new email? isn't there a different way?

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 6 July 2011 at 4:12 PM

You always get one egg to start off with, and you can grab junk eggs from the cave

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 6 July 2011 at 4:14 PM

@lbowe_elbow But last month i asked the forums if it is allowed to visit the cave and asteroid on storages, they said yes but the visits on all your accounts total should be 10 (and 1 for the asteroid) but on the rules it says i can't visit the cave at all on storages ☹️

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 6 July 2011 at 4:15 PM

Well the first on e is correct. It just says that so no one does all ten on both.

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 6 July 2011 at 4:18 PM

A single person can have 1 main account and 3 storage accounts for a total of 4 accounts. You may only visit the Cave and The Mysterious Asteroid from your main account and no others.

Copied it from the terms of service ☹️

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 6 July 2011 at 4:23 PM

Who ever told you that you could visit from your storage is incorrect.
If you are found to be using your storage to gain extra visits to the cave or asteriod, all accounts related will be deleted according to the rules.

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 6 July 2011 at 4:29 PM

Well I was told by Ian that The Mysterious Asteroid can be visited by any account as long and it is not visited by more that one account that day

And for stealing the eggs he said only 10 on all accounts like you can steal 5 on one 5 on the other, 7 on one 3 on the other, and so on as long as the total does not exceed 10

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 6 July 2011 at 4:31 PM

@Icywmuffin no one told me that extra visits is okay, only what @furfur said that okay.
But the rules seem to sound like even the thing Fufur said is against the rules ☹️

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 6 July 2011 at 4:42 PM

I don't know whether or not what furfur posted is correct or not. I'm just repeating what's written in the Terms of Service, that's all ;]

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 6 July 2011 at 4:46 PM

Oops I had no idea, about this until I read this forum. I knew about the asteroid thing but not the cave thing. Sorry @Ian. Won't be done again.
Thanks @phoenix for doing this post. Though like you I'm also quite confused

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 6 July 2011 at 4:53 PM

From what I heard, you can get eggs on your storage account as long as you don't use more than ten tries on all your accounts, but I may be wrong. According to the Terms of Service, you can only visit it on your main account. Perhaps we're supposed to get eggs from the adoption shelter to trade with our main account. 😊

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 6 July 2011 at 4:54 PM

But if it is at it is said in the terms of service, then how come everyone who has storages isn't deleted yet? (almost everyone who has storages do the thing that furfur said)
And @lily- no problem, but i am still confused as well xD

EDIT: check this out: http://eggcave.com/blog/index/21

Somewhere in the middle, there is a blog post about multiple accounts and it says this:

We have modified our rules regarding multiple accounts at Egg Cave. Please see the updated Terms of Service. The "Multiple Accounts" clause has been modified to this:

A single person is permitted to have up to 4 total accounts, where one account is the main account and the other three accounts are storage accounts. Among these four accounts, you may only visit the Egg Cave 10 times per day. Users who visit the Cave more than 10 times per day from their accounts will be disabled and deleted immediately.

Again, in the terms of service, it say this:

A single person is permitted to have up to 4 total accounts, where one account is the main account and the other three accounts are storage accounts. The following restrictions apply if you choose to create multiple accounts:

You may only visit the Cave from your main account
You may only visit The Mysterious Asteroid from your main account
Storage accounts should be used for exactly that: creature storage. Violations of the restrictions above will result in the immediate termination of all accounts involved.

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 11:32 AM

When I made my storage, I got ten from the cave [All junk] and didn't go on the cave on my main.

I go on the cave on both my accounts BUT only 10 in total.

IE 6 on my main, 4 on my storage. Cause I'd still be getting the exact number of eggs anyway

@Ian

Clear us up?

978 posts

lwarlen • 7 July 2011 at 11:35 AM

I'm confused to why can't you have the same email?(There is a reason I'm asking everyone)

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 11:37 AM

@lwarlen

I think that was so that people didn't make more than one account. Now, I think he should change it, since he changed the account rules.

978 posts

lwarlen • 7 July 2011 at 11:40 AM

I really hope so because my parents wouldn't let make another email
And even if they said I could it would take like a month or so (though maybe I'd be lucky but I haven't got permission)

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 7 July 2011 at 12:39 PM

Sent a ticket to Ian about both the mail and the cave.
i agree with you @lwarlen and @victoria_the_wolf.

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 7 July 2011 at 4:28 PM

@phoenix, I'm also still confused as well an I also agree with what @lwarlen and @victoria_the_wolf are saying. I hope this gets sorted soon.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 7 July 2011 at 4:32 PM

You just can't 'abuse' the cave. Meaning that if a special egg came up, you cannot use your storage to get it. You can take junk eggs & trade it with your main. Oh, and you DO need a new e-mail. And confirm your storage with Ian first. 😊

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 7 July 2011 at 4:46 PM

This is what Ian replied to me:

Hi there,

Your email address uniquely identifies your account, which is why we only allow a single email to be registered once. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please use a different email address if you intend on creating a multiple account.

Currently, the Terms say:

- You may only visit the Cave from your main account
- You may only visit The Mysterious Asteroid from your main account

This is our current policy. Please refer to the Terms of Service page if you're in doubt of what the current Terms are. Whatever is on that page at the current time is our current terms, regardless of what the blog says (blog posts get old, outdated, etc).

I hope this helps and answers your questions. Please let me know if you have any more questions. We are happy to help and assist. 😃

Best,
Ian

I am still confused :l

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 4:49 PM

I use both, but don't acceded 10 in one day. Usually I do the cave with my storage, and rarily main [on a different day.]

Though my cousin played in my cove today when my back was turned, and used ten attempts on this account OTL So all attempts are used up on both accounts. OTL

//Edit//

Well now I know ;D

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 7 July 2011 at 5:35 PM

@phoenix why don't you ask Ian what you're confused about. He did say "Please let me know if you have any more questions. We are happy to help and assist."

Also @trish How do you confirm your storage with Ian?

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 7 July 2011 at 5:37 PM

@lily- Well, send him a ticket with your main, saying the username of your storage account and ask if it's okay.

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 7 July 2011 at 5:41 PM

@trish
Oh thanks, but how do you send a ticket? I still haven't figured out how you do that

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 7 July 2011 at 5:52 PM

@lily- http://www.eggcave.com/contact

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 7 July 2011 at 5:56 PM

@trish would I submit it as a general thing?

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 7 July 2011 at 6:24 PM

@lily- Yes.

Male
306 posts

phoenix • 7 July 2011 at 6:34 PM

@lily- i am going to send another ticket now, and a third one too if needed.