[Creature Suggestion: Lunatis ]

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 11 September 2014 at 5:57 PM

#creaturesuggestion

This is my first time attempting to suggest a creature ;-; Apologies if I am doing this incorrectly. Any criticism, comments, etc are appreciated. ^^;

[Concept "Art" (Not colored)]
Link 1: http://tinyurl.com/lmnwauw
Link 2: http://imgur.com/lWK5M3w

[Inspiration]
Sea slugs are absolutely gorgeous. This particular one is based off of the Glaucus Atlanticus and I used this species for reference.

~ Glaucus Atlanticus :http://tinyurl.com/k3atjg9

[ Egg Description ]
Lunatis eggs are rather cool, gel-like texture if held. Handlers must hold the eggs carefully, for if it is held too tight, the handler's hand will slowly sink into to the squishy membrane.

Furthermore, handlers are advised to be cautious to avoid the venomous appendages on their side. Contact with the poisonous bard may result an uncomfortable stinging sensation and irritation to the skin. The consumption in their venom can result in sickness, and in some cases, death.

Ironically, scientist have found certain chemicals in their toxin can be used in medicine and treatment for rare diseases, if modified and applied correctly.

[More about the Lunatis ]
During cooler weather, Lunatis usually reside in sea caves, living near the shallow ends. Sometimes they are found resting on the surface of rocks pools. However, in the summer, they tend migrate to the deeper end of the sea.

Despite their striking form and bold colors, Lunatis are known to be quite venomous and even deadly.

They are reclusive critters in the daylight, brazenly resting in shallow waters, flashing their bright blue warnings at lurking predators.

At night, they become hunters, patiently transporting themselves from one place to another, attracting their prey with their luminescent linings on their back. It is thought that they actually absorb their lights from the moonlight, as suggested by observers , who noted that they seem to glow brighter during a full moon.

[Size] (They're smaller than you think they are XD )
0.03m

@spiritkoi Thanks for name input. 😸 Tweaked it a bit.

263 posts

trig • 11 September 2014 at 6:07 PM

@iceiceice

I really like the whole design. I'd be interested to see what the color will be. 😊

Make sure the colors don't make it look like a Gastrodon from Pokemon!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 11 September 2014 at 6:20 PM

@iceiceice

I really like the design! The name is already decent. But since there is a crescent moon you could add in the description how they are thought of spirits of the moon or something. Maybe the name Lunestea or just stay with what you have. Or a name that involves the moon. Hope this gets made!

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 11 September 2014 at 10:57 PM

@trig

Thank you ^^;
I'm hoping the design isn't too similar to Gastrodon x_X But it's mainly suppose to be blue with silver/white linings.

@spiritkoi

Thanks for the feedback !
Hmm..I might have it have some relation to the moon. Lunestea is a really pretty name 😱

Female
2,391 posts

ida92 • 12 September 2014 at 4:53 AM

@iceiceice I think the Lunantis is really cute. 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 12 September 2014 at 2:33 PM

@iceiceice Thanks! Really like it! I can help with the description if you need any. 😊

Pings:
@shun-m
@dream-within-a-dream
@fjhfjh
@immortalraven

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 12 September 2014 at 4:08 PM

@spiritkoi
I welcome any help as long as it doesn't detract too much c:

@ida92

Thankies 😋

Deleted • 12 September 2014 at 6:38 PM

@iceiceice
I CAN'T SEE THE IMAGE TAT </3

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 12 September 2014 at 7:27 PM

@shun-m
Oh...sorry ^^;
Maybe try this link:
http://imgur.com/lWK5M3w

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 12 September 2014 at 9:42 PM

@iceiceice LOL. XD ❤️ It looks like a gastrodon from pokemon. 😃DDDDDDDD ❤️ AMAZONNNNGGG. XD

Female
562 posts

lenamilove • 18 August 2015 at 1:34 AM

@iceiceice I really do love this, I was actually thinking of a similar thing, but with something related to a sea slug instead. Either way, are you still interested in getting this created? I think it definitely has the potential to, it's a wonderful design.

(Sorry if I shouldn't post on such an old topic)

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 18 August 2015 at 1:54 AM

@lenamilove
Yay! I'm glad people are still viewing this. Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it! XD

While I would really love for this to be created, I have doubts it will since the Illumilux was made...but more sea slugs are okay, right? 😋

Female
562 posts

lenamilove • 18 August 2015 at 2:03 AM

@iceiceice Oh, that's true. Either way sea slugs are a lot less abundant than canine creatures, so it still has a fighting chance 😊 Especially with all the buzz about the Jorunna Parva, AKA Sea Bunny, I feel like sea slugs are recognized as something cute again

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 18 August 2015 at 2:07 AM

@lenamilove
Oh! I never heard about those. Just looked them up. Hahaha, sea creatures can be so weird! XD I definately think we need more nudibranch because they're so unique, so and diverse 😃

/silently hope that creature suggestions will be out and about again/

Female
115 posts

midinite • 20 August 2015 at 7:10 PM

@iceiceice
Awww... It's so cute! Really want to adopt one... I love it's expression. 😃

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 20 August 2015 at 9:08 PM

@midinite
Thank you 😊

Deleted • 27 August 2015 at 5:00 AM

@iceiceice ,

This post will be the hundredth, so I'm very happy because it'll open me the CDRW door 😃 ...

So on this occasion I'll take a look to almost twenty creature suggestion and post my hundredth to my favorite one (on the selection I've saw^^)..

And it's your "Lunantis" ...

So cute, I really love it ❤️

For the one attempt it's a success 😊

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 27 August 2015 at 2:23 PM

@moonka
Whoooopieeee~~~!!! 😃

Have fun with the writing contest and I'm very glad that it's your favorite out of the others 😋

Female
370 posts

pupicorn • 1 September 2015 at 7:35 PM

@iceiceice Wow its really pretty! I would absolutely get one. I hope the Lunantis gets released!

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 1 September 2015 at 11:02 PM

@pupicorn
Thank you, hehe

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 6 September 2015 at 12:34 PM

@iceiceice Ooooh 😱 I really hope that eggcave will consider making this.

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 6 September 2015 at 1:22 PM

@poptarts
/hopes that staff sees this/ XD 😋

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 6 September 2015 at 1:28 PM

@iceiceice (ಠ-ಠ) I need this creature bad X3 I will make it my Snawlers wife XD

Female
770 posts

loumina28 • 13 September 2015 at 1:58 AM

@iceiceice love it!

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 21 September 2015 at 5:29 PM

OFFICIAL

CONGRATULATIONS! This creature has been officially picked to be made into a real Egg Cave species.

Expect for this creature to be released within the coming months.

Love,

The Art Team

1,238 posts

queens • 22 September 2015 at 5:57 AM

@iceiceice congrats! Omigosh I hope it turns out to be in the cave I seriously want one! ❤️

Female
2,541 posts

dragrawr • 8 November 2015 at 3:43 PM

it.............is.............really really horrible.....JK it is the 2nd cutest out of all the pages i looked at! SOOO CUTE

Female
21 posts

briannamarie • 11 November 2015 at 10:15 AM

First of all.. Congrats!!!
I can't wait to see this in egg cave!

Cute design! I'm interested in seeing it with color!

And I know people have already said this, but the first thing that popped into my mind was a Gastrodon!

Female
770 posts

loumina28 • 25 January 2016 at 10:00 AM

@iceiceice I just noticed that your creature suggestion has been used! Congratulations!!!!! It's very beautiful.

738 posts

dragonnn • 30 January 2016 at 1:51 AM

Had no idea this was originally a venomous lunar slug...huh...So that's how that works.