October Creature Suggestion (Jiangshi)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you like the idea of the Jianshi?

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 11 July 2015 at 8:28 PM

Please ping me and give me your honest opinions on both the idea and the creatures description. Does anyone think I should write more about it or change anything in its description?

Feel free to change the whole description if this gets picked. Also ignore where it says Halloween it's for October as well.

(COLORED: http://hiddenlake.deviantart.com/art/Jiangshi-Eggcave-halloween-suggestion-Colored-674366631)

(New description)
Egg:The Jiangshi shell is made of porcelain and clay like material the egg is very fragile and if broken the spirit of the Jiangshi will be released and curse the person/creature that broke it's shell. It is believed that the Jiangshi egg serves as a vessel for wandering Earth bound spirits both good and bad. On occasion sounds of laughter or crying can be heard from the egg which is believed to be a form of communication so don't be alarmed when you hear the chilling laughter and wails come from the egg.

Hatched: When a spirit possesses the Jianshi egg they go through an incubation period where they evolve into a new beign. They are relatively harmless and passive species who enjoy companionship. Unable to vocally communicate when hatched they use jingling sounds which emit from their body or body language as their new form of communication. Nobody knows what the Jiangshi looks like behind their mask but it is rumored that anyone who removed the mask of the Jiangshi would suddenly disappear. Other rumors have said the if the Jiangshi willingly removed its mask revealing its face to their owner it is forewarning them that there will be a tragic event.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Old description

Egg description~*~*
This creatures egg is very similar to the touch and texture of Porcelain, there are occasions where you can here the laughter or crying of a child coming from the egg. These eggs appeared in ark out of no where and is believed that they are the souls of children trapped inside of the egg.

Hatched Jiangshi description~*~*
The Jiangshi is relatively small and is often mistaken as a doll. Like the egg stage their mask is closely similar to porcelain. Once the Jiangshi hatches they are unable to vocally communicate and will use body language as a way to communicate with their owners or those of the same species. No one truly knows or survived to tell what a Jiangshi truly looks like under its mask, but it is rumored to be a very haunting image, those who attempt to remove the Jiangshi mask will suddenly disappear but no ones knows where, it is believed that the Jiangshi consumes the persons soul along with their physical body. Other rumors have said that if a Jiangshi willingly removes its mask to its owner a bad event was soon to happen to them and is trying to forewarn them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not good at descriptions. If anyone has ideas for a better one feel free to mention it in this topic~)

Female
562 posts

lenamilove • 6 September 2015 at 10:48 AM

@poptarts
The name made me think of Jirachi, but the picture reminds me of the Jester 😊 I love the idea about the mask, maybe it shares a bloodline with the Maser!

I like it, it's one of the less threatening halloween creature suggestions 😋

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 6 September 2015 at 11:03 AM

@lenamilove X3 it originally had a Jester hat in my first drawing of it but someone said it looked too much like another creature on here because of the hat so I ended up changing it. X3 And thank you 😸 what do you think of the description? Do you think it needs anything added changed? Do you think the drawing needs anything added or changed?

Female
562 posts

lenamilove • 6 September 2015 at 11:16 AM

@poptarts I really like the description, it's enough to be creepy, but not overly so.

The only thing about the image is that I was hoping its' face under the mask would be creepier in stage 3. Or if the face was sad would bring it full-circle with the egg. 😊

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 6 September 2015 at 12:06 PM

@lenamilove No one is suppose to know what the Jianshi is suppose to look like under its mask thats why in the third stage it is kind of hidden X3 I guess I should of shaded the face in the third stage and gave it red eyes. 😸 and I am glad that you think the description is quiet good since I am not that good at writing descriptions.😸

Female
562 posts

lenamilove • 6 September 2015 at 12:18 PM

@poptarts Ah, I see. A little shading might help 😃

Absolutely, I can just imagine it. And it doesn't seem to have anything that would go against the site's lore either, which is a plus 😊

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 11 September 2015 at 5:21 PM

@lenamilove Sorry for not replying to you sooner X3 and yes I just wish I could find my drawing of it so I could change it DX and thank you 😃

Female
770 posts

loumina28 • 13 September 2015 at 1:41 AM

@poptarts it's pretty! I like it! BTW could you check mu suggestion ? http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/55362

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 13 September 2015 at 10:11 AM

Thank you I am glad you like it (✿◠ヮ◠) I actually made this almost 2 years ago but never really got to posting the suggestion up and of course I will check out your suggestion. (✿◕ヮ◕)

Female
562 posts

lenamilove • 13 September 2015 at 11:43 AM

@poptarts No problem ❤️ good luck!

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 12 November 2016 at 10:25 PM

@poptarts

I like ittt 😃

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 12 November 2016 at 10:53 PM

@izziebee1017

Thankyou. X3

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 12 November 2016 at 10:54 PM

@poptarts

You're welcome! ❤️

Female
25 posts

sassygamer • 21 November 2016 at 5:16 PM

@poptarts
amazing. this creature is amazing. it's not too scary, but it fits with the theme. i love it. And i think everything and i mean EVERYTHING is perfect. they have to publish this.

Female
8 posts

petowner12309 • 30 March 2017 at 11:37 PM

Souls of ...children...? 0.0 I'm not gonna sleep tonight.

Female
3 posts

eesha399 • 31 March 2017 at 7:56 PM

Looks pretty cute, I like third stage.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 1 April 2017 at 3:05 AM

@sassygamer @petowner12309 I know these are late replies, but thanks. 😃

@eesha399 Thanks. 😃

Genderqueer
100 posts

katiebrandx303 • 9 April 2017 at 7:00 PM

I think the concept is solid, but could use just a touch of work. Like, in two of the stage images, it's just standing upright looking at the observer. Why not have one stage lying down, one sitting (which you already have) and one standing? Just an idea c: @poptarts

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 10 April 2017 at 5:50 PM

@katiebrandx303

Thanks. And I would fix it but the tablet I drew it on was destroyed by water. But I thank you for your idea! 😃 I am sure eggcave can touch it up and make changes on it if they decide to use the suggestion.

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 14 November 2017 at 1:44 PM

@poptarts I can't bring up the pic for some reason. Directs me back to this page??

I like the new description better...

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 21 November 2017 at 5:01 AM

the new description is better i hope it gets made