smallish squares

in Problems & Bugs

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 22 November 2010 at 8:38 PM

the picture of the featured eggie when somebody posts on a wall is small and sometimes it does not show a nice part of the creature. also you cant delete posts. and when you log out there is an error page. when i click'update status' a window pops up and then it closes so i cant update my status

1,247 posts

Zac • 22 November 2010 at 8:53 PM

The sign out problem I'm guessing is temporary until the site is live.

I never had a problem updating my status, so I'm not sure what problem you're talking about... maybe your browser is doing something funky.

1,247 posts

Zac • 22 November 2010 at 9:12 PM

If you can't get the box to stay open, you could try directly changing your status.

1) Go to: http://new.eggcave.com/profiles/update_status
2) Enter your status and click 'Update Status'
3) You'll see a green box appear and the page will try to refresh. If you see a popup open, just click cancel otherwise you'll keep looping.
4) Go back to your profile and you should see your status.

Its a little longwinded but hopefully this helps until the problem can be solved! 😊

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 22 November 2010 at 11:16 PM

thanks!

Female
245 posts

neo428984 • 23 November 2010 at 12:30 AM

You know what? Regarding the small squares for the egg pictures on walls and the blog: they're growing on me. They're artsy and I kind of like them, haha.

Deleted • 29 November 2010 at 3:09 PM

I can also only see the partial picture of the eggs, whether I'm using Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Deleted • 29 November 2010 at 4:19 PM

Guys, its supposed to be like that and will probably always stay that way. It isn't a glitch. It's to make wall post smaller and neater.

1,247 posts

Zac • 29 November 2010 at 7:50 PM

I think they are referring to the eggs position inside the small square, not the square itself. 😉

Deleted • 30 November 2010 at 3:10 PM

Yes... I know. *headdesk*
P.S. I didn't know. I read too fast D:

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 30 November 2010 at 11:18 PM

yeah, im talking about that it shows the upper left corner of the creature and sometimes that is not where the face is . sometimes nothing is there!

Female
916 posts

evilyowling • 1 December 2010 at 12:08 AM

I know ☚ī¸ It happens to creatures that faces the right either showing nothing or somewhere thats not their face (This annoys me D😊

An example is my Leyma ☚ī¸ maybe Ian will change the place of the close up depending on the creature that is being used.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 1 December 2010 at 12:45 PM

You can now delete wall comments on your Profile and Wall.

When you click on "Log Out" on the beta version, it indeed does log you out, and the reason why it displays that error is because the beta version will display a 404 to guests. 😉

We will investigate the "Update Status" box-randomly-disappearing-error.

Eventually, with small profile egg icons, we hope to allow you to SELECT the location of that thumbnail. This is coming down the road.