Owned Creatures Statistic

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Your thoughts?

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 27 May 2016 at 2:51 PM

Okay so this is really only a problem if you've got a lot of creatures but now that I'm tipping over a thousand I think this suggestion is valid.
Maybe somewhere in the archives or in the 'My Creatures' tab we could have a statistic of what creatures we do and do not currently have in the cove, as well as how many? Just a simple list that shows us what and how many creatures we've got without having to go through and manually figure it out, especially now that Eggcave recently celebrated having 500 species.
I think it would help a lot with figuring out wishlists for those of us that would like to get one of every creature (or at least attempt to).

Thoughts?

Edit: Another possible place for the information to be is the creature rarity page, maybe next to the ranking of the creature it'll say something along the lines of 'You own _ of this creature!'

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 27 May 2016 at 5:18 PM

@carter

Yes please
@ian

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 27 May 2016 at 6:21 PM

@carter
Yees! (Sometimes, I don't know how much creature of the same species I have.) I have to open a new tab, click cove:species, scroll ALL the way DOWWN.........
And find out that I don't have the creature xD

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 27 May 2016 at 6:25 PM

@momokie
@Ian We need this, or at least something like it.

@greengrass100100
It only gets worse the more creatures and accounts you have I swear It's a nightmare trying to figure out what I do and don't have. That's why I've like almost completely stopped trading creatures because I just don't know if I have enough of a creature to afford getting rid of it, ya know? I don't exactly want one of every creature because that seems almost impossible but I want to keep at the very least one of each species I do have.

27 posts

secretwillow • 28 May 2016 at 3:47 PM

@carter i agree this is a really good idea 😊

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 28 May 2016 at 3:48 PM

@secretwillow
Thank you ^^

@ian ??

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 7 June 2016 at 6:36 PM

@Ian

@carter
This is a fabulous idea

1,562 posts

shelby • 11 June 2016 at 3:35 AM

I think this is a good idea.

And I doubt constantly pinging Ian is going to make him come to the topic quicker.

168 posts

kalessin • 11 June 2016 at 12:33 PM

@carter I think this is a good idea! Perhaps it should appear on the Archives page for that creature rather than the rarity table? That page already takes long enough to load.

Or maybe just a little searchbar in 'Your Cove' - say, you type in, 'Tasma' and it searches and shows your 4 Tasmas? I think that would be really useful for cove organising as well. 😊

Deleted • 13 July 2016 at 5:34 AM

It can be a full Archives re-vamp /if I may sneak own idea here, hope @carter doesn't mind/
When you open the creature's profile it can look like this here: http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd458/valaokole/re-vamp suggestion_zps8zqy6goo.jpg /I guess if I tried linking it wouldn't work sooo, yep/
And then there might be an icon next to the You Have text and when you hover over it it says _ eggs, _ child, _ adult /how many of each stage you have if you have different stages/

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 13 July 2016 at 6:16 AM

@kalessin

I'd prefer something like this is addressed, if at all, through an archive revisement...

I don't need any more gadgets to annoy me.. I quite like the raw yet simplistic mental math this site requires of you 😋

Female
74 posts

blakes_mama2005 • 15 July 2016 at 12:37 PM

@carter This would be very helpful, for sure! For keeping track purposes, as you've described, and also for assisting newer players like me determine a creature's worth, and if it's a rarity, etc.

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 19 July 2016 at 5:27 AM

@blakes_mama2005 I totally agree. I agree with this idea and about helping us to learn the value of each creature.
And for me I have a word document where I put all the species I dont have to keep track. But to be able to do someyhing like this inside the website would really help me alot!

Female
344 posts

fairy_tail • 4 August 2016 at 3:37 PM

@carter

Gosh yes. This would make sorting and hoarding and collecting easier. It also prevents me from having to add up what I have in each of my individual accounts manually. I can just add up the total from each.

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 6 August 2016 at 5:55 PM

Great idea. I support this
@ian