Feeding bug

in Problems & Bugs

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 15 July 2016 at 7:54 AM

It has been happening to me in the last couple of days that I feed my cove or other people's cove and when I come back a few hours ago, I can feed them again, in the same day (in ECT). I don't know if this is happening to someone else or if it is normal, because I actually have been loosing track of the creatures I feed or not. After a few hours then all the feeds go normal and I can see what I already fed.
Is this happening to someone else?

My browser is chrome (I don't know how to see which version it is)

Female
452 posts

karakia • 15 July 2016 at 7:59 AM

@fainne_24

Mine has been doing the same thing. I will exit the browser, come back a few hours later and i can feed creatures I've already fed that same day.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 15 July 2016 at 8:05 AM

@fainne_24
@egglove1

It is possible to feed twice in one day ONLY because feeds reset between 3-4am Egg Cave Time. This means you can feed at 12am and then feed at 5am in the same day but then you cannot feed until it is reset the next day.

Is this what is happening or are you able to feed at 6am and then at 8am (or some other time like that)?

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 15 July 2016 at 8:10 AM

That makes sense for me, because I am usually feeding around 3-4a.m. I don't think it happened in other hours, it has been around that time I guess.

Thank you @mastergemma !

Edit: Actually it just happened again!! I fed them all today (and I had fed them yesterday aswell) and now I can feed them again :S

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 15 July 2016 at 1:24 PM

@fainne_24

Another possible explanation is that you are using a few different IP addresses. Are you logging onto EggCave with other devices or in different locations?

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 15 July 2016 at 1:26 PM

No I don't think so :S this bug happened while I am using the same computer to log in. Sometimes I use 2 other mobile phones to log in, but the bug happened only using the computer, I don't know :S and the locations I am logging in are actually inside the same area, just maybe 300m apart from each other I guess, so it is a different wireless net, but still... :S