Only ONE mail for all accounts

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 22 July 2016 at 3:47 PM

...I think someone mentioned this thing alredy, but I feel like it hasn't been stressed enough, so I'll try making a good point of the idea.

Putting it short, to have a main account and side accounts, you need to register each account with different e-mail addresses. I think it would be safer (and less stressful) to have one e-mail registered for all your accounts, main and sides.
That's a huge problem. I mean, I created more e-mail just for the sake of being able of making side accounts, and it's a know thing some e-mail will get deleted If you don't enter to check your mail for a long time. Well, having multiple e-mails is just... stressing, it forces you to check every single one of them and then struggle If one gets deleted for inactivity.
I think it would be more fair If the side accounts were, somehow, โ€œconnectedโ€ to the main, so it would be needed only one, and one only, mail to manage your main & sides.

Please, let me know what you think about this thing, an let Egg Cave know too! Hope a feature like that will be improved in the near future, I think it would make EC a lot better! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 22 July 2016 at 3:51 PM

@wererage

Good idea but if someone can hack your e-mail or account, they can hack your side too because they know your e-mail and with technology to this day, it'll be easy to hack your sides and e-mail. Hope this isn't too confusing.

Deleted • 22 July 2016 at 4:02 PM

@panda9983
I see what you mean...

In that case, I think it would be fair to have a 2nd account to use in case someone hack the first one. But, at least two e-mails sounds more reasonable than 4, don't you think?
Four e-mails are too much a hassle to manage for just one person, after all. I'm positive there are better ways to improve the security without having to create 39495285 e-mails...

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 22 July 2016 at 4:03 PM

@wererage
Yes, please! That would be so much easier, especially if you forgot the passwords for your sides.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 22 July 2016 at 4:04 PM

@panda9983 @wererage if someone hacked your account it wouldn't really matter. You could easily get the creatures back and they could track the IP to the user

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 22 July 2016 at 4:05 PM

Hmmm... I know. You can apply 2 e-mails for all four, one will show and the other one will stay hidden. So when you change passwords, you have to apply BOTH e-mail to change it. It's a bit confusing and complex, but it can be safer to use.

@wererage

959 posts

inhabitant • 23 July 2016 at 12:13 AM

@wererage

It would definitely be more convenient to share one email for all your accounts but there should be a safety leverage in case a hack occurs ^-^

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 23 July 2016 at 2:35 AM

@lailaluckyseal87

I saw someone hacked another account and they ABANDONED their good creatures and deleted the account. It take a long time to track down them and if you had a load of creatures, I don't think it's easy to track all down.

Deleted • 23 July 2016 at 3:53 AM

@wererage I absolutely agree I tryed to make an acount for my club but I only have one email so I had to get someone else to make it!

Deleted • 23 July 2016 at 5:58 AM

I'm happy to see many interesting replies. c:

It seems someone is okay with the idea of having multiple mails for more security (although I think two would be fine, instead of four). But think about that: you have four e-mail, and you forgot the pass to one of your side... so you have to send a mail to your e-mail address to retrieve your password, right? Well, you send in the mail and... you try entering in your e-mail account, only to discover it was put on hold for inactivity ('cause who would log in into FOUR different mails every time? You normally just check the main one, right?). Now, how do you retrieve your password?

You see, having more mails can mean more security, but also more insecurities and struggling in case something like that happens. I'm positive about having, at least, just two mails instead of four. Two would be more manageable for sure.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 23 July 2016 at 6:17 AM

@wererage

I play a game where I have to keep over a half dozen accounts active ... I always login once a week to make sure my account activity is "reset".

With more security comes more responsibility ... like with "more" anything ...

Deleted • 24 July 2016 at 5:30 AM

@veritaspunk
...but not more โ€œtimeโ€.
Not everyone has time to check their multiple e-mails and something like that. I can understand some can, so they do it, but a person who can't do it because of time is less responsible, maybe? No. Just not enough time. xD

What I'm saying is, stuff happens. Some can check the mails, some can't. I'm just thinking a system that would be manageable for both would be nice. c:

OTHER PINGS (RANDOM)
@anniee
@faybaybay
@shadowtail_flamestorm

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 24 July 2016 at 5:31 AM

@wererage

True, I do notice a lot of the stuff coming out "these days" really confine you with few options ... I love options or game modes in this case ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Deleted • 24 July 2016 at 5:33 AM

@veritaspunk
You mean, like choosing what system is good? Yeah, that would be nice, and would accomodate both parts. ๐Ÿ˜Š
It's a really nice idea... a bit like If there was an option to shut up notification, but as an option to check / uncheck, by choice. Some people like to see 'em, some don't (expecially the ones who have 58569940 starred creatures in the cove, lol). xD

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 24 July 2016 at 5:39 AM

@wererage

Yeah just personalizing your gaming experience ... game functionality, and cosmetic feel rather than a one size fits all block.

Deleted • 24 July 2016 at 5:41 AM

@veritaspunk
I agree. c:
Do you know GPX+? It's a pokemon-like adoptable site... I don't play it anymore for lack of time, but I remember it was very customizable. You could even change the skin / layout of the pages, and you could either choose a pre-made one, or work with colours to arrange your own. It was quite nice. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 24 July 2016 at 5:46 AM

@wererage

I have no open time slots in my schedule, I started EC b/c I was giving up another game for the most part.

... I'm surprised more sites like Egg Cave don't have personalization features like changing your background or a day/night time mode for those who are sensitive to one or the other.

Maybe more personalization features will come with EC V3 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
190 posts

shadowtail_flamestorm • 24 July 2016 at 8:25 AM

Oh yeah, I totally agree. Even though I have a lot of accounts, I don't check back into them often, just the main one. If EC connected all of the accounts to one email, that woyld be great!

Deleted • 29 July 2016 at 6:17 AM

I'm kind of hoping a feature like that (among a faster global feedlist) will be implemented in the โ€œnewโ€ version of Egg Cave...

Male
584 posts

faressain • 29 July 2016 at 6:24 AM

It would be better to catch all the multiaccounts... Support ๐Ÿ˜Š (Btw, I never use alts...)

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 29 July 2016 at 6:52 AM

@wererage Actually I use different email addresses for that same email account so I don't have that problem.

It'd be much convenient and all but it's easier for hackers to hack into. Maybe you were stupid and let someone hack into your account, then all your accounts could be hacked.

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 29 July 2016 at 8:13 AM

Yeah I think it would be easier to have just 1 email. It would be easier for me to organize aswell. And the side account should be acessible through the main account without needing to log out and log in in them. If this would happen, it would be so nice!

Deleted • 29 July 2016 at 11:22 AM

@ushafuse
What do you mean โ€œI use different email addresses for that same email accountโ€? Sorry... english's not my first language, so I didn't quite understood what you meant. D:

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 30 July 2016 at 3:09 AM

@wererage I use a Outlook email and there I can just use different names for one email. Like abc@hotmail.com is the same email address for ABC@hotmail.com, something like that.

Deleted • 30 July 2016 at 6:08 AM

@ushafuse
Wait, what is that?
Like, you have abc@hotmail.com and you enter it as your main e-mail, and then you enter ABC@hotmail.com (with cap lock on) for your side, and they treat it like a different e-main? Something like that...? xD

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 30 July 2016 at 8:25 AM

@wererage Yeah, something like that. I type the ABC@hotmail.com in the email aliases thingy first. ๐Ÿ˜‹ I thought it wouldn't work at first but it did anyway. ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

Deleted • 30 July 2016 at 10:00 AM

@ushafuse
Well, that's quite useful to know, I guess. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Š
I don't use outlook though, so I guess it would be nice to have a solution for people who uses other type of mails too. I shall try If that works with my mail later, tho. Just in case.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 30 July 2016 at 11:20 AM

@wererage
Yes please, this can be so irritating!

Female
54 posts

tiahny • 1 August 2016 at 9:16 PM

I agree, having multiple emails is really difficult. I like having side accounts but they need to somehow be tied to one email.