Site Idea: Gender Choice in All Creature "Shops"

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Rate This Idea

Female
462 posts

megadash • 28 July 2016 at 4:43 PM

Thanks for adding this option to πŸ’΅ Creatures, but could we please have it for a "shops" where we buy creatures?

More specifically, I mean the S&R Creature Labs and prize shops for all plots and events that involved buying creatures with ANY form of currency (πŸͺ™, πŸ’΅, plot points, seeds, chocolates, etc.)

Although currencies other than πŸ’΅ don't actually cost real money, it's still annoying to buy two creatures and hope for the 50% chance of them being what you want. After all, we still have to work for them. For people who don't care either way, we could keep the "Surprise Me" option, like the Cash Shop.

#MegadashIdea

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 28 July 2016 at 5:01 PM

@megadash Although it doesn't really affect me, this would be a nice feature to have. Who knows, maybe it's planned for v3?

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 28 July 2016 at 9:48 PM

@megadash

Yes!!!!! It bugs me so much some times. I really hope this is made.

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 29 July 2016 at 12:34 AM

@megadash

Yes please oh my gosh!!β™‘β™‘

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 29 July 2016 at 12:53 AM

@megadash thats a good idea and would save a lot of headache 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 29 July 2016 at 1:02 AM

@megadash

I wholeheartedly support this. I understand there not being an option for the cave/asteroid, but events/sar should definitely have an option. I have way too many pets I'm triyng to swap for the other gender. ☹️

Female
74 posts

blakes_mama2005 • 29 July 2016 at 10:43 AM

@megadash Definitely a great idea... the option to choose would be nice.

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 6 August 2016 at 6:10 PM

I like the idea of being able to use EC to buy creatures cuz I can't get CC

Female
462 posts

megadash • 11 August 2016 at 10:20 PM

@naturegirl1999
You can do this with people on the site, but Ian needs them to initially purchased with πŸ’΅ because the purchase of πŸ’΅, along with ad revenue keeps the site up and running.

As a general rule for "free-to-play" (a.k.a. - F2P) sites & games, Ian does a pretty good job with keeping the balance between free-play features and premium features. As a general rule, you should give the people who pay (often referred to in the industry as "whales") more than those who don't (after all, they're paying with IRL money), but good games allow for free players to enjoy the benefits as well. In Egg Cave, since creatures are not account-bound, it's still possible for free players to earn πŸͺ™ to get a lot of things, through trade, that are normally only available through πŸ’΅ purchases. The only thing that you REALLY NEED TO AVOID is allowing the whales to "pay for power." This heavily unbalances the game and makes free players want to leave. For example: let's say that, in the last plot, Egg Cave whales could pay to get better chances to win battles. Imagine who angry most of us would feel about that…

Conversely, let's take my hunt for starred commons. If I didn't mind paying πŸ’΅, I could have my entire list gone overnight. I actually enjoy the hunt. Good thing too, because I need to limit my monthly entertainment budget, but I can still buy them with πŸͺ™ and creatures that I've collected since I joined. Hard work vs. quick buy. Either way, I still have a decent chance.