Olympic Discussion!

in Chit-Chat

Are you excited for the Olympics? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 5 August 2016 at 8:21 AM

So, the Olympics is tomorrow (For Australia, it's 10:20 pm right now!) so, I'm like: Why not make a Olympic discussion? XD This is where you share results from games, or just really, talk about the Olympics LOL X3 The opening ceremony is soon, and I will (hopefully 😋) wake up at 6:00 am to watch it X3 Locals are so lucky LOL 😋 So yeah, let the conversation start X3

Female
344 posts

yileen • 5 August 2016 at 8:44 AM

I can understand why people are hyped and very interested, but I'd rather see a good movie or something 😋
Sports never had my interest, I couldnt care less to be honest 😋

I hope you all have fun watching the ceremony!!! 😃

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 5 August 2016 at 10:04 AM

@leafmelody I'm so glad someone made this topic!

I have a habit (quickly becoming a tradition) to watch the Olympic Games every year. Obviously I don't have time to watch every second xD but the opening ceremony is my favorite part of the games. I'm in the US (my time zone is 1 hr less than EggCave's-its 9:03 AM right now) and it starts at 6PM tonight here.

Gonna have dinner in front of the TV tonight...

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 5 August 2016 at 4:27 PM

@animalinn
Haha thanks X3 I'm watching it right now, althouugh the ceremony hasn't started yet and they just told us it'd be hours until it's starts, this is just a thingy, so I woke up at 6 am for nothing X3 Surprisingly, though, when my alarm rang, I got up immediately 😋 So I'm not going back to bed because... I'm wide awake LOL 😋 I'm on my laptop, blanket over me, eating cereal without milk (Don't look at me weird, I do it all the time X3) kinda watching, kinda multitasking XD The rest of my family is in bed (still 😋) so the sound is like 6 ._.

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 5 August 2016 at 4:31 PM

Hahaha, I don't eat cereal with milk most of the time either so don't worry, not weird!!

Yeah I wasn't going to turn it on until it got closer to it starting. My plan? Microwave frozen pizza, fruit snacks (don't judge me!) grab some water, and just enjoy myself.

Maybe get headphones for the sound? If your watching from your laptop that I mean. That way you can hear what's happening but it won't disturb your family.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 5 August 2016 at 4:34 PM

@leafmelody

I look at this as one of the worlds greatest reality shows 😃

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 5 August 2016 at 4:39 PM

@veritaspunk that has to be the...erm, weirdest/most unique description of the games I've yet to hear xD

Unfortunally, it apparently starts at 6:30 my time and not 6, oh well. I can wait 30 more minutes.

Male
660 posts

brad • 5 August 2016 at 4:39 PM

I'm a competitor myself (not in the Olympics, obviously) and love watching all kinds of competitive sports. So yeah, I am super hyped for it!

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 5 August 2016 at 4:52 PM

@animalinn

Yeah an unique description for an unique showcase of human narrative rather than fashionably produced friction of most if not all officially labeled "reality shows"

*ahem*

Sudden craving for a churrasco dish :/ hmmm ... these bbq honey fritos will have to suffice 😋

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 24 August 2016 at 5:28 AM

@veritaspunk
LOL Yeah I was super hyped too XD

Anyone wanna have a discussion about like gold medalists and stuff? X3

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 24 August 2016 at 5:34 AM

@leafmelody I had to miss the closing ceremony and head to school (it started 7 am here o.o) xc

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 24 August 2016 at 5:54 AM

@ushafuse
I missed it too! (I was at school and it started at 9 am o.o) There was a reply at 10 pm, though, and I watched a bit until I had to sleep ☚ī¸ I woke up at 6 am to watch the opening ceremony to find out that it only started at 8:50 am 😋 Tbh, I've never waken up so quickly before LOL X3 I woke up in less than a minute XD

1,853 posts

purgatory • 24 August 2016 at 8:25 AM

@leafmelody well I didn't miss most of it, I kinda missed the the end tho cuz I was on my iPad XO or so I thought PFTTT
I skipped watching golf (don't ask me why) but stayed to watch volleyball ;v;

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 24 August 2016 at 8:34 AM

@ammolite
LOL XD Technology 😋 I don't really like gold either XD But I like/play volleyball 😊

1,853 posts

purgatory • 24 August 2016 at 8:38 AM

@leafmelody have u seen the medal count? USA is in first with +80 medals, two times than china 😱
I played volleyball once, I failed a bit but a girl on my team hit the ball so far XD
I think I like the water dance thing I forgot what it's called, where two people synchronize with each other dancing in the water 😋 I hardly pay attention to names while watching it on tv

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 24 August 2016 at 8:39 AM

@ammolite
I have seen the medal tally LOL X3 It's called synchronised swimming, too 😊 I saw it! Russia won, it was so cool! *O*

1,853 posts

purgatory • 24 August 2016 at 8:40 AM

@leafmelody Russia is pretty good at it XD
What's your favorite olympic sport?

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 24 August 2016 at 8:48 AM

@ammolite
Yeah, 99.8 or something *O*

/tears hair off/ Can't choose! XD

1,853 posts

purgatory • 24 August 2016 at 8:51 AM