Eggcave Version 3

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Support or Not?

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 12 August 2016 at 4:56 PM

93% of Eggcave users have rated this thread positively, totalling over 50 votes!

Hello! ❀️ I would like to address some of my ideas that would make Eggcave more engaging and fun for version 3!

~ Groups : Basically like guilds on Neopets, or dynasties on Yarolds, it would be like a group where you could chat with people of similar interest and there would be a ranking system.
( @kas suggested a group could cost like, 100k to create and 1k to add a person or something like that.)
Also, maybe each group could have a feed circle and their could be a hierarchy of ranks that leaders could give based on activity, posts, and feeds towards the group feed circle.

~ Raffle : So, theres something on Virtuadopts where every day 1 prize pet is raffled off and is exclusive to the raffle. Like the thief shop or asteroid, there would be specific creatures exclusive to the raffle that you could only obtain from entering or trading for one. So basically, every ticket would cost, let's say 15,000 EC, and the more tickets you have, the more chance you have to win that day's prize. All of Eggcave can enter every day's raffle and the winner will be randomly picked.

~ Username Changes: Could be a potential CSP item, would help people who want to change a username, but don't want to create another account to do so.

~ Enchanted Forest: ( @fainne_24 ) where you could find some retired creatures. A bit like the Oasis with the endageroud species, but you could have to pay to visit that place, and not be sure if you would get anything. I really would love some retired creatures to come back! You would pay CC to get in and the higher the chance a creature shows up is proportional to the Creature Population Index

~ Gifting Creatures ( @yileen )

~ Offering creatures and items on the same lot ( @yileen )

~ All trades listed in TC like Auctions ( @sabo ) If the trading page was set up like the auctions with pagination so you could see a few pages of recently added lots, that'd be much better.

~ SAR Creature Monthly : Like the CSP and Cave Monthly maybe there could be SAR creature monthly (maybe at the cost of 150,000 ec) this would help newbies get a better start because these creatures would have better resell value in the long term them cave monthlies. Maybe 2 CSPs, 1 Cave monthly, and 1 SAR Monthly?

~ Personal Galleries and Shops ( @ tyuio_k50 )

@lykhaos117 's ideas

1) Click Exchange leaderboards
-This would encourage people to use it more and give some perspective on how much people click.

2) Various improvements to Tim's
-Users could select all mortals or unselect all immortals instead of having to sift through their whole cove to select certain creatures. Also, maybe an option to only select creatures under a certain happiness level.

3) Option to buy more cove lists
-Kind of like expanding cove size, users could pay a certain amount of EC to add a new list.

4) Side account emails (like what @raccoon was saying)
-I kind of don't like how we need to use a seperate email for each side. >_< How about if a certain email can be used up to four times and all the accounts used with it could be linked? And linked accounts could have a function to mass-send creatures, EC, CC, items, etc.

5) A personal notes/journal section
-Something kind of like a profile, but private. Users could list reminders to themselves, memorable events, things to remember, etc.

6) Creature census
-The creature rarity table could have a chart that perhaps updates every week to list how many creatures of each type are still alive on the site. It could include additional features such as # at each stage, # of mortals vs. immortals, # frozen, etc.

7) Loyalty system
-Users who remain active for certain time intervals (like every year maybe?) could get some sort of award. Maybe an account-birthday creature exclusive to the loyalty system or a choice from several retired creatures depending on how long the user has been active. Perhaps even a very small amount of CC. I'm kind of leaning towards an account birthday-exclusive creature, but the alternatives are fine, too.

8) The option to search through mail and wall/forum posts
-Sometimes, I've typed something or someone else has typed something I've wanted to look at later, and it takes a while to find it. I have a feeling this happens to others, too. A search function would be useful.

9) Some sort of puzzle
-I really like how Egg Cave encourages financial, reading comprehension, writing, and social skills, so why not have a logical/mathematical section, too? I was thinking something similar to Voltorb Flip, 2048, or Sudoku. Users could earn EC or maybe puzzle points which could be used to purchase certain creatures when enough are accumulated.

10) Sort creatures by closest to evolution
-When we click our cove in the side bar, we can sort by name, species, level, happiness, etc. Adding an option to sort by how close creatures are to evolving would be useful, particularly for the Click Exchange and picking a featured creature. Creatures with unknown evolution stats and creatures that are fully evolved could appear on the bottom.

11) Trading efficiency
-If someone only wants certain creatures when they set up a trade, they can select the ones they're seeking. For example, let's say User A is trading Creature A and is seeking Creature B, so user A selects Creature B with the seeking function. User B wants to trade Creature B and can search trades by seeking (as opposed to searching by which creature is in the lot) and then sees User A's lot along with the lots of everyone else seeking Creature B. This would not eliminate the notes section under the lot though, and User B could always set up his/her own lot if s/he didn't like any of the seeking lots that popped up. I hope that makes sense.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 12 August 2016 at 5:05 PM

@motivecat YES I LOVE THIS ❀️

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 12 August 2016 at 5:05 PM

@izziebee1017

yayayayay! lemme add a poll

3,399 posts

bun • 14 August 2016 at 7:26 AM

(pls username changes. pls)

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 14 August 2016 at 9:24 AM

I actually would love that there would be a new place on V3 like an enchanted forest or something, where you could find some retired creatures. A bit like the Oasis with the endageroud species, but you could have to pay to visit that place, and not be sure if you would get anything. I really would love some retired creatures to come back!

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 14 August 2016 at 12:35 PM

@motivecat Omg I really love the raffle idea! That would be so cool lol. @fainne_24 's idea is interesting and awesome as well, though I think retired CSP's shouldnt be included in that

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 14 August 2016 at 12:37 PM

@animalinn why do you think that it should be better not to put the retired CSP's there? =)

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 14 August 2016 at 12:51 PM

Well just since CC cost real money and your paying EC to get in. I mean I'd love to get some of them lol so I wouldn't complain if they included them, but think just to be fair it should be limited to event/cave monthlies.

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 14 August 2016 at 1:18 PM

@animalinn
So maybe there could be an option to pay some CC in order to get some old CSP's. Like you could pay some CC (always the same amount) and get one random creature from the retired ones.

Deleted • 14 August 2016 at 1:28 PM

I'm leaning towards the disagree side for the username change idea. It'd be nice and everything, but the majority of this site doesn't have CaveCash and it would be unfair for the users who can't purchase it. This whole site revolves around CaveCash already and its captialism is taking over this website. Another reason I kind of disagree is because you might lose track of a user/friend because you don't know what they changed their user to.

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 14 August 2016 at 1:40 PM

@motivecat i like the raffle idea, that sounds really cool although there should be a maximum number of tickets you can buy, for obvious reasons xD

Female
344 posts

yileen • 14 August 2016 at 1:53 PM

*** I need to be able to sort items that my creature has used!!!!!!
In several ways:
-Time based (like they are now)
-Alphabetical
-By Collections

*** Gifting creatures to friends

*** Offer creatures on items, offer items on creatures (in trading)

*** +1 on the groups feature

Deleted • 14 August 2016 at 2:15 PM

It'd be fun if we could get something like the thief shop for retired LEs/CSPs (LEs for EC, CSPs for CC). Since they restock very rarely, and what you get is random, the populations of these creatures will still be able to be controlled and the eggs will be sold for fair prices. That, and it should spur some trading, since people will be trying to swap things they got for things they want.
As for the suggested ideas, I like them too. I had to move to another account because I couldn't change my username on the old one, which is a shame, because now it doesn't display my real join date. Groups and raffles would be fun too, and would help bring some more use to all the EC people have lying around. (Say, a group could cost like, 100k to create and 1k to add a person or something like that.)

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 14 August 2016 at 2:30 PM

@kas Yes, I like the creation and joining mechanic 😊 ill add that and

@fainne_24 @kas I'll tentatively add the Enchanted Forest system, but I would say creatures like Tines, Onny, Macbot, and Doovoo chance would be so small that only 1 or 2 a year would turn up and it would cost maybe 500 cc to journey into the Enchanted Forest

@yileen ill add
-gifting creatures
-offering creatures/items on same lot

@xxcouchxx
and yes of course 😊

@animalinn

why thank you 😊

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 14 August 2016 at 6:40 PM

@sabo Added your idea! Thanks ❀️

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 18 August 2016 at 6:12 PM

@motivecat
I like some of these ideas, especially the gifting users one. I kind of hate having to set up a WHOLE trading lot just to gift someone. This implementation would make things a lot more simple.

Username changes sounds interesting. I do highly suggest this to be a CSP item though, that's transferable. It would be really cool to see this happen (although I love my username lol, and wouldn't want to change it)

We'll be able to offer creatures+items in the same auction lot in Version 3, according to the sneak peaks I've seen on Twitter. πŸ˜ƒ If you haven't seen, here's a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/c7hsvx

OH, I really hope we're able to see all the trades and not just the 15 newest trades. It would definitely make browsing the Trade Center easier.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 18 August 2016 at 6:15 PM

@fakeworld

hehe thanks for your support! ❀️

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 19 August 2016 at 8:46 AM

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know that we have been looking through these suggestions and have them all written down. Hopefully some make it through πŸ˜ƒ

Female
1,984 posts

tralala22 • 19 August 2016 at 9:31 AM

^^ YES!

@motivecat

Absolutely love these ideas, especially the groups ideas. I feel like that would be a really great upgrade.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 19 August 2016 at 9:58 AM

@jazzyleia oh my god that's awesome ^-^ thanks for letting us know and considering our humble suggestions!

@tralala22 yay! Thanks for the support!!

Male
92 posts

tyuio_k50 • 21 August 2016 at 4:50 PM

@motivecat What about galleries? That's my favorite feature on Neopets. I love forming collections!

Male
2,324 posts

raitonchidori • 21 August 2016 at 6:29 PM

Full support to the multiple pages in trade center/other trades. I already suggested it a lot, hope it finally comes.

I kinda don't like most of the other ideas. They seem unuseful or simply unecessary.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 21 August 2016 at 6:41 PM

@tyuio_k50 k ill adf it to the op when i get home

@raitonchidori you obviously do not understand the point of these feautures,they are of course unnecessary but are meant to stregnthen eggcaves rather bare gameplay

Male
2,324 posts

raitonchidori • 21 August 2016 at 6:43 PM

@motivecat sure, sure. They'll surely make egg cave better and more diverse. Bit if I had to choose between them, I'd take the multiple pages, since it is the most needed. I thought of stop playing many times due to that, it's simply annoying >.<

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 21 August 2016 at 6:48 PM

@raitonchidori thanks for your support 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 21 August 2016 at 6:59 PM

@motivecat

One thing I desperately want is a way to link side accounts to your main. I had to use my sister's email to make one of my sides. I think it would make it easier to keep track of whose accounts are whose if we could at least use the same email for them all.

I'm iffy on the Enchanted forest idea. Though I'd love for a way to reintroduce older and hard to get creatures back into the system, I don't know if this is the right answer.

Maybe instead of raffle-only creatures it could be a monthly raffle for a retired pet? That way the trading market isn't suddenly flooded.

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 24 August 2016 at 11:32 AM

@motivecat
OMG I love these ideas so much! ❀️ ❀️ ❀️
I especially love @fainne_24 's Enchanted Forest and the Raffle. I hope they can make it possible!

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 24 August 2016 at 11:43 AM

@greengrass100100 thanks πŸ˜ƒ i really hope That one day this will be possible to exist on eggcave 😊

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 24 August 2016 at 11:57 AM

I have several ideas. 😊 Not all of them are mine though; a few were ones I've read somewhere and forgot who made them. >_<

1) Click Exchange leaderboards
-This would encourage people to use it more and give some perspective on how much people click.

2) Various improvements to Tim's
-Users could select all mortals or unselect all immortals instead of having to sift through their whole cove to select certain creatures. Also, maybe an option to only select creatures under a certain happiness level.

3) Option to buy more cove lists
-Kind of like expanding cove size, users could pay a certain amount of EC to add a new list.

4) Side account emails (like what @raccoon was saying)
-I kind of don't like how we need to use a seperate email for each side. >_< How about if a certain email can be used up to four times and all the accounts used with it could be linked? And linked accounts could have a function to mass-send creatures, EC, CC, items, etc.

5) A personal notes/journal section
-Something kind of like a profile, but private. Users could list reminders to themselves, memorable events, things to remember, etc.

6) Creature census
-The creature rarity table could have a chart that perhaps updates every week to list how many creatures of each type are still alive on the site. It could include additional features such as # at each stage, # of mortals vs. immortals, # frozen, etc.

7) Loyalty system
-Users who remain active for certain time intervals (like every year maybe?) could get some sort of award. Maybe an account-birthday creature exclusive to the loyalty system or a choice from several retired creatures depending on how long the user has been active. Perhaps even a very small amount of CC. I'm kind of leaning towards an account birthday-exclusive creature, but the alternatives are fine, too.

8) The option to search through mail and wall/forum posts
-Sometimes, I've typed something or someone else has typed something I've wanted to look at later, and it takes a while to find it. I have a feeling this happens to others, too. A search function would be useful.

9) Some sort of puzzle
-I really like how Egg Cave encourages financial, reading comprehension, writing, and social skills, so why not have a logical/mathematical section, too? I was thinking something similar to Voltorb Flip, 2048, or Sudoku. Users could earn EC or maybe puzzle points which could be used to purchase certain creatures when enough are accumulated.

10) Sort creatures by closest to evolution
-When we click our cove in the side bar, we can sort by name, species, level, happiness, etc. Adding an option to sort by how close creatures are to evolving would be useful, particularly for the Click Exchange and picking a featured creature. Creatures with unknown evolution stats and creatures that are fully evolved could appear on the bottom.

11) Trading efficiency
-If someone only wants certain creatures when they set up a trade, they can select the ones they're seeking. For example, let's say User A is trading Creature A and is seeking Creature B, so user A selects Creature B with the seeking function. User B wants to trade Creature B and can search trades by seeking (as opposed to searching by which creature is in the lot) and then sees User A's lot along with the lots of everyone else seeking Creature B. This would not eliminate the notes section under the lot though, and User B could always set up his/her own lot if s/he didn't like any of the seeking lots that popped up. I hope that makes sense. >_<

12) Hide reserved and TNT trade lots
-I don't think an explanation is needed for this. πŸ˜‹

13) Thief Shop and CDWC categories in the Archives
-In the "Obtainable By" section in the Archives, there should be Thief Shop and CDWC categories. There's already an option for the Asteroid, Cave, SARC, etc.

I might have more later, but I think this is it for now. 😊

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 24 August 2016 at 7:21 PM

@raccoon ill take this into consideration 😊 and will add the mail idea

@lykhaos117 gonna add all of those once I have time! 😊 thanks so much

btw I'm adding some more ideas of mine like the SAR monthly ~

@Ian
@Zac
@JazzyLeia
There are some more ideas to sift through! 😸