Halloween Creature Suggestion - Weaslex

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think of the Weaslex? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
534 posts

vespira • 18 August 2016 at 11:55 AM

I finally got around to making my first creature suggestion.^^
#creaturesuggestion #weaslex

Please ping me either here or @fairy_tail since I have a tendency to hang out a lot on my side.^^

Art:

http://silverspinosaurus.tumblr.com/post/149125365605/my-creature-suggestion-for-a-site-called-eggcave

Egg Description:

Weaslex eggs are primarily blue in color and gradually bleed into purple towards the center. However, most of the purple color is hidden underneath a cuff and chain, leaving only the edges peeking through. The egg itself is somewhat heavy due to the chain's weight but can still be carried, albeit with a bit of extra effort.

Weaslex eggs can usually be detected due to them giving off an aura that makes those nearby feel a heavy sense of dread.

Creature Description:

Despite their bright colors, Weaslex are often considered to be the harbingers of death. The reason for this is that they are not sociable creatures, preferring to live in solitude - even from their own kind. They are commonly found living close to dark, dense forests away from any type of civilization. Sightings of Weaslex are usually close to Halloween, where they lurk along the edges of settlements.

From birth, a Weaslex's eyes are covered with a blindfold for it is said that gazing into its eyes will bring the viewer an early death. As a result of having their sight blocked, their other senses are incredibly sharp. They often use hearing and scent to detect their surroundings and the presences of nearby beings.

As the Weaslex continues to grow, chains begin to appear on their front paws. These signify its ties to the realm of the dead and how they are bound to it. In relation to this, removing a Weaslex's blindfold reveals that its left eye is pitch black with a skull on it. Looking into this eye causes it to spin (in a similar fashion to a slot machine) before it stops to reveal how the viewer shall perish.

This results in the Weaslex being ostracized for their supernatural connection and ability.

Please ping as many people as you can so the Weaslex can become a reality!😃

Deleted • 18 August 2016 at 12:07 PM

@charm556

Wow, really love the art and the description is just amazing! Really nice story to it 😊 Would love to see this made ❤️

Female
534 posts

vespira • 18 August 2016 at 12:10 PM

@jrw48

Thank you!❤️ I'm glad you think so!😃

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 19 August 2016 at 2:17 PM

@charm556
@lailaluckyseal87
@egglove1
@niale

The description is so well thought out! I love the color schemes as they all go very well together. Over all, the idea is a great one! ❤️ 😊

Female
108 posts

wolffey • 19 August 2016 at 2:34 PM

@charm556 I really like the second stage 😊

Female
534 posts

vespira • 21 August 2016 at 3:43 AM

@pitch1226

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you think so.❤️ 😃

@wolffey

Hehe, awesome! I'm happy you think it's appealing.^^

Help ping if you can, please!^^

Random pings (sorry if you don't like them!)

@emeraldfirefly
@ambivalent
@lia
@candaline
@pet_cemetery

Female
236 posts

lia • 21 August 2016 at 5:40 AM

@charm556

I LOVE IT 😃 The creature design and the description are very well thought out ❤️

Female
534 posts

vespira • 21 August 2016 at 3:53 PM

@lia

Thank you!😃

Spread the pings please!c:

@lykhaos117
@raccoon
@lailaluckyseal87
@motivecat

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 21 August 2016 at 3:55 PM

@charm556 like it!!

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 21 August 2016 at 3:59 PM

@charm556

Interesting concept 😋 I like the blindfold and the chains, but the orange tail clashes with the rest of the creature in my opinion. The first stage is probably my favorite.

Female
534 posts

vespira • 21 August 2016 at 4:08 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Yay!😃

@raccoon

Thanks.^^ I'm very into conceptualizing and writing.XD My art is a work in progress, to be honest. As for the orange, I wanted something to stand out - make some contrast. Blue and purple match so something needed to pop.c:
Hehe, the baby stage 😉

Random pings

@valleries1
@izziebee1017
@degong
@lilacamy931

Help me ping others please.😊

2,892 posts

skymoare • 21 August 2016 at 4:09 PM

@charm556

looks great hope egg cave takes it in

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 21 August 2016 at 4:23 PM

@charm556

I love it! 😃 It's so cute! ❤️

Female
534 posts

vespira • 22 August 2016 at 10:10 AM

@valleries1 @izziebee1017

Thank you!😃

Random pings:

@emeraldstar
@fainne_24
@ammolite
@gymnastics001

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 22 August 2016 at 10:57 AM

@charm556 Awesome!

Female
89 posts

lzumi • 22 August 2016 at 11:30 AM

@charm556

I love the art design and general concept. I'd love to see it brought to the site. The name is also very nice! 😊

1,853 posts

purgatory • 22 August 2016 at 12:46 PM

@charm556 amazing! I love the art 😊

Female
1,475 posts

emeraldfirefly • 22 August 2016 at 1:02 PM

@charm556

Wow! Cool critter. I love it's description and art!

Female
534 posts

vespira • 22 August 2016 at 2:58 PM

@emeraldstar @lzumi @ammolite @emeraldfirefly

Thank you all so much!😃 ❤️

Male
39 posts

ambivalent • 23 August 2016 at 9:20 PM

Hi @charm556 / @fairy_tail ! Sorry for the late reply was busy with school!

Supernatural weasel! I really like it, but poor guy got ostracised for having connections with death lol. Would be a cool Halloween addition on EC!

I really like the description, especially regarding how the eye ball rolls much like a slot machine! I think it would be interesting to also have an element of that slot machine rolling in the art for the last stage!

I also do think the last stage can be a little bit more diabolical, as it currently looks a lot like the previous stage with both eyes unveiled. Keep the pose, but maybe have its tail look like a reaper's scythe? Sport an evil grin with fangs? Claws on front paws? Bloody/rusty chain? Hahaha just some ideas that I thought you can use!

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 24 August 2016 at 7:51 AM

@ambivalent

Thanks for the input! And I'm glad you like the idea! I'll try to see if I have time to update the art and maybe incorporate your suggestions.😊 I'm currently very busy but if I can, I'll do my best! I quite like your ideas~

@leafmelody
@kas
@ushafuse
@cloud-n-bolts

Deleted • 24 August 2016 at 7:56 AM

@charm556
It's a very nice idea, I like the description, too. c:

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 24 August 2016 at 7:59 AM

@fairy_tail
Sorry! DX I can't see the picture! Thanks for the ping though 😊

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 24 August 2016 at 8:00 AM

@leafmelody

You can't?😱 Oh no!D:

I appreciate you took the time to answer though.^^

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 24 August 2016 at 8:02 AM

@fairy_tail
Aww, I wish I could! DX I bet it's great though! 😊

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 24 August 2016 at 8:05 AM

@leafmelody

Hehe, thank you.❤️

@kas

Thank you!😸

Random pings (sorry if you don't like them)

@animalinn
@veritaspunk
@cguo7

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 24 August 2016 at 8:23 AM

@charm556 to begin with wow!!!! its just so cute ❤️ i love the design of the creature and the colour scheme works great with it. my favourite part of the creature is the blindfold as it really adds to the holloween feel of the creature. the creature description works really well with the creature especially the slot machine idea ❤️ my only improvement/ add on would be to add rust or something to the chains to show how the creature ages along with the realm of the dead i would do this mainly on the last stage 😃

Female
534 posts

vespira • 24 August 2016 at 8:33 AM

@cloud-n-bolts

Thank you so much! I'm so happy you like it!❤️❤️❤️

I'll keep your suggestion in mind! I'll try my best to update the art when I have more time.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 24 August 2016 at 3:59 PM

@charm556
@fairy_tail

I like the intense richness with the gray and purple. It's a bold and befitting addition to the Halloween selection if it is to be chosen. This could be compatible with Terron 😉 For me the most central part is the egg, perhaps add in some kind of layer of orange too but I may be referencing back to my Electrock egg too much. I don't like most eggs that have attachments from the egg but this is a natural & logical attribute as with the Veema for example.

The chain is a great visual for Halloween that reflects the state of perception that encompasses human sensibility along the extremes within willfully embraced and yet woefully engulfing.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 25 August 2016 at 1:23 PM

@veritaspunk

Thank you very much for your kind words. I appreciate them very much.❤️ I'm glad you like the idea!