Save my laptop!!

in Chit-Chat

Save my laptop!!

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 20 August 2016 at 7:27 PM

Thought I'd make a topic...

So my laptop is struggling through its second, almost third year of life. It needs a little boost. The problems?

1. The touchpad keeps clicking things randomly, I have semi solved that by shoving a hair clip under it to lift it up a little. It works.

2. It doesn't charge unless In a certain position. I duct tape it to the laptop in a position so it charges, but it keeps getting worse.

3. It sometimes shuts off by itself randomly.

~~~<

Let's get some support! Any ideas please ping me! Oh and every post do #savemylaptop
Ty!!!

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 20 August 2016 at 9:22 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

#savemylaptop

I have come to help!!!❤️❤️❤️

My laptop is about 9 years old, and it sometimes has problems, too. Here are some things I did to help it, though I don't know if all will help:

1) Get a new charger cord, or keep twisting the wire until it works, then tie it in place with a rubber band or hairtie.

2) Get a fan to place under it to prevent it from overheating, or place it on top of an egg carton to boost airflow. I also recommend getting pressurized air spray to spritz under it and on the keyboard to clear out dust. Dust and other debris can accumulate under your computer and cause it to overheat and shut down.

3) If it's slow, you can install some RAM so it can have more storage space. Also defragment it.

If all else fails, you can take it in to get it fixed at a place like Best Buy or get a new one. If you get a new one, you'll probably want to transfer your files onto a hard drive or something.

I hope this helps!!!❤️❤️❤️

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 20 August 2016 at 9:23 PM

@lykhaos117 The first one might work1

It's really, really fast still at least 😊
and it doesn't overheat 😊

I use duct tape, but im gonna try the rubber band!

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 20 August 2016 at 9:26 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

It's good that it's fast. 😊 Just make sure you have the position on the cord just right so it'll hold in place. The duct tape was a smart idea, though a rubber band/hair tie would be easier to adjust.

Let me know if it works, and good luck! ❤️

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 20 August 2016 at 9:27 PM

@lykhaos117 I tried it and it failed ☹️ The duct tape, I have an exact spot that works now!!! Right where the thing is that makes it open/close on the left side!!!

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 20 August 2016 at 9:29 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Good thing you found a good spot; sorry that the rubber band trick didn't work. ^^; But if it shuts down again, you should probably air spritz it. 😊

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 20 August 2016 at 9:30 PM

@lailaluckyseal87 The mousepad I have no idea, but I can help with the other problems.

Problem two sounds entirely like an issue with your cord.

Problem three sounds like your fan could be broken and it's letting the laptop overheat. I've had this problem fixed easily and fairly cheaply. If it's not the fan then I would assume it's the location you're using it. For example it'll heat up faster on something fabric.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 20 August 2016 at 9:32 PM

@lykhaos117 I'll try ❤️

@kisamari Yeah... Idk though. It hasn't made any funny noises. It hasn;t shut down in a while too.