Reduction of Seasonals

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Feelings?

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 27 August 2016 at 10:50 AM

Ok, so I'm just a bit angry at Eggcave because they have been releasing spurts of seasonal in place of LEs. For many users unable to purchase CC, Seasonals replace LEs that normally would go up sharply in value because they were only available in the cave for 3 or 4 days.(Like the Drem, Pantheart, Rousel)
Now it is virtually impossible for a user unable to purchase cc to get their cove of their dreams. I do not like this new trend and would like the increase of Seasonals to stop, or atleast retire Seasonals after 3 or 4 years.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 28 August 2016 at 2:49 PM

@motivecat
I agree! >.<

There are so many seasonals and no LEs anymores.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 28 August 2016 at 2:58 PM

@izziebee1017

Yea!
The
Adreidor
Sagurapi
Nathare
Prankey
Lepilex
Pahoehoe
Snop

^^ RETIRE ALL OF THESE PLEASE

You can keep these
Kinump
Else
Kujak

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 28 August 2016 at 2:59 PM

I AGREE x1 MILLION!

@motivecat

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 28 August 2016 at 3:01 PM

@izziebee1017 YAS

I bet it's like an excuse to release 200 cc CSPs to make us buy MORE CaveCash

It was fine the way it was. Paid monthlies and Occasional LEs. Please revert it to this method Eggcave!

1,853 posts

purgatory • 28 August 2016 at 3:10 PM

@motivecat hmm well they should retire those seasonals but the critters get more price since they're retired. And btw the critter with more left in the wild are worth more value than the seasonals with less in the wild so that means a lot more are gotten 😋 wait what did I say? I'm lost in my own words lol XD

Female
2,299 posts

metaphor • 29 August 2016 at 9:25 PM

I do agree, I must say. I always found it strange that we don't have many seasonal cave creatures anymore and can honestly see how it may put some people off. The events are nice, but even now it seems many of those creatures become seasonal rather than retire altogether (for instance, the Gryp, Luskall, etc. retired after the Halloween Fair. A lot of the Valentine's creatures, though, return year after year with no season creature, which unbalances things a bit).

I understand having a few seasonal creatures that are EC traditional--for instance, as mentioned, the Kinump, Elge, and Kujak. Maybe the Prankey too as a new April Fool's creature and one of the Valentine's creatures. But not all of them.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 29 August 2016 at 9:28 PM

@metaphor yes exactly! It's annoying and it's a waste of time to get Seasonals if they're going to be there every year

Female
2,873 posts

mairbear • 29 August 2016 at 9:56 PM

@motivecat

I agree too! Not only will it help new players gain creatures of value without buying CC, but it will also encourage all players to be more active. If things actually retired, then people will pay more attention to what is happening on the site. With all the seasonals, someone could easily miss events and simply wait until next year to get eggs. There is barely any incentive to trade for seasonal eggs.

I'm not against the idea of seasonal eggs though. I think the classics should stay but ... there should, overall, be more LE eggs than seasonal eggs that are released.

Perhaps you could add a poll to the topic so that we can see players' responses statistically? 😊

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 29 August 2016 at 10:04 PM

@izziebee1017 @ammolite @metaphor @mairbear

Added a poll 😉

It would be great if we could get a staff opinion

*cough* *cough*

@Ian

1,853 posts

purgatory • 29 August 2016 at 10:15 PM

@motivecat lol neutral XD Idk 😋

Demiboy