Reason for Blocking

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Support?

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 28 August 2016 at 3:14 PM

I think when someone blocks you, they should have to select one of many possible reasons why. Such as, "They ignored my trading rules," or "They fed a creature I didn't want fed," or "They blocked me first," etc. etc. It is very irritating when someone blocks you and you have no idea why, and you cannot ask them why. >.<

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 28 August 2016 at 3:20 PM

@izziebee1017 YAS I love this

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 28 August 2016 at 3:59 PM

@izziebee1017

I disagree there is no way to presume a default preset reason drop menu, it's very subjective and that would be uh indelicate to say the least imo. The fact that the person felt something strongly enough to undertake the process is enough.

Perhaps the person could *optionally* note comments to egg cave staff. The person should not feel obligated at all though as that can be a continuation of their perceived wrong, but that's what matters... and if blocking a person will give them relief and restore order so the person can continue the intended points of eggcave and their life overall it is worth it to me for one.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 28 August 2016 at 4:07 PM

@veritaspunk

You're right. There should be an optional text box for them to state their reason. I think I'm just frustrated because I just discovered a second user who's blocked me and not given me a reason.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 28 August 2016 at 5:31 PM

@izziebee1017

If someone blocked me I may be curious internally but I would move on. Actually if I was provoking sensitivity from an individual to that degree I'd think it constructive to go our own ways so to speak. Likewise I'd too have the access to just "stop it" right there myself unless it was a staff member ... but then I question myself and egg caves relevance to me as a whole,

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 28 August 2016 at 5:33 PM

@veritaspunk

I understand what you're saying, but I don't remember contacting either of the users who have blocked me.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 28 August 2016 at 5:46 PM

@izziebee1017

You have a cause and effect from something regardless, more indirect possibly but no further responsibility should be required... as long as it's not accompanied onto other activity by either points of view which would concern the egg cave staff.

Nobody should feel as if they'll have to defend and continue to defend themselves for blocking a person.

I've personally blocked/ignored people on other sites and disassociated myself from people online/offline because of their behaviors interacting with others. No direct contact needed.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 28 August 2016 at 5:54 PM

@izziebee1017 hmm that would be nice but what if it's for another reason? Are there numerous choices? Not that I want to block someone, I have no intentions, but are there max blocks?

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 28 August 2016 at 6:01 PM

@izziebee1017 Ugh I hate when ppl block me when we were just chatting and having fun. And they block me for no reason. They should state it. There should be a drop down list and also an "Other" option and they have to type it, and we get a PM saying

Hello,

We are sorry to say @inserthere blocked you for (insert reason). If you think this a mistake, or you would like to apologize please reply.

Thank you,

Eggcaveteam

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 28 August 2016 at 8:10 PM

@lailaluckyseal87
I agree.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 28 August 2016 at 8:32 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

If I had blocked someone by mistake, through attempts to correspond with that person I'd figure out that I had accidentally blocked that person. However I find it very improbable that someone is going to initiate and follow through a block merely on accident ... but had I initiated a block I don't want to get messaged asking am I sure nor do I want correspondence with the one I blocked.

Female
546 posts

candaline • 28 August 2016 at 8:58 PM

@izziebee1017

I see your logic ❤️ If someone blocked me without purpose I would like to know. Then maybe you could make it up to them. 😊

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 28 August 2016 at 10:33 PM

@izziebee1017

At the very least I wish people would give me a warning. Sometimes I don't see that they don't want something fed or idek. But I am blocked by some people have I have no clue why!

475 posts

spell • 29 August 2016 at 9:07 AM

@izziebee1017
I think this was already suggested before and it wasn't going to happen since Egg Cave doesn't want to make users feel as if they have to justify themselves for blocking someone. They should have the freedom to cut off communication with anyone they want, whether there's a reason or not.

Female
2,300 posts

metaphor • 29 August 2016 at 1:10 PM

I think the idea has merit, but I just don't think it'd work in practice. Too much potential for controversy.