HALLOWEEN FAIR GAMES BUGS

in Problems & Bugs

Female
211 posts

stefrawr • 1 October 2016 at 8:26 AM

whenever I try to go to any of the Halloween fair games the site goes crazy and the page keeps jumping and acting like its refreshing....

it's only happening when I try to play any of the games.

the rest of the site loads fine and the page doesn't shake and jump all around anywhere else.

Help ☚ī¸

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 1 October 2016 at 9:41 PM

Same here, when the counter runs down and it's time to play another round of any game, the page keeps refreshing and refreshing and refreshing for a minute or so before it finally loads properly and lets you play the game...it also bogs down the computer. I don't remember it being like this in previous events. Annoying.

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 2 October 2016 at 9:40 AM

@stefrawr @tehuti88
What browsers are you guys using? Have you cleared your cache and cookies? Any more information would be helpful!

1,853 posts

purgatory • 2 October 2016 at 10:03 AM

@jazzyleia I'm using two iPads for the Halloween fair. The first one works fine and it doesn't glitch out

Second one goes crazy and keeps refreshing

I'll try to find out what's weong on the second one, maybe I could help answer this question?

Female
91 posts

yazibelle • 2 October 2016 at 10:35 AM

This just started happening to me, but only on the "Mad Science" page. All I had to do to fix it was visit a few different halloween fair pages.

Edit: nevermind, it's now happening on several pages and randomly fixing itself/starting back up again.

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 2 October 2016 at 4:55 PM

Seems to have resolved itself for me, though I'll have to keep track of it to make sure.

I'm using Firefox. It occurs to me that last year I may have been using Internet Explorer.

Female
211 posts

stefrawr • 3 October 2016 at 2:09 PM

@jazzyleia

I'm using Microsoft edge and I tried using internet explorer and both are doing it still. my countdowns don't show either just always says play and when I click it it says I have 0 mins 0 seconds until next play but it goes crazy whenever I try to actually play the games.

like mad science
the first page comes up fine, I click a food and then when I click to submit it the page refreshes and just keeps refreshing and blinks and is just a pain.

that's how it is for all the games for me so I'm stuck finding seeds just by feeding and that kinda sucks.

I have refreshed my browsers and deleted cookies but nothing has changed.

its been acting up like this since it started.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 3 October 2016 at 2:53 PM

@stefrawr @tehuti88 @ammolite @yazibelle

Hi all! These issues should be resolved with pages refreshing like crazy at the Fair. Go ahead and try now.

Ping back with results (if it's fixed or not, or if it's still doing it when the timer is counting down). Note: this crazy page refreshing was firing when the countdown "expired" (or finished). So, that's when you'll have to test it. Let me know!

Female
91 posts

yazibelle • 3 October 2016 at 5:57 PM

@Ian I am currently stuck in an infinite loop in the mad scientist game. When I select a food item and click 'guess', the page refreshes with a new set of food items. It's continuing infinitely.

edit: The problem seems to have been fixed after visiting a few other pages. However, the glitch then transferred to the disastrous donations page.

Female
211 posts

stefrawr • 3 October 2016 at 6:41 PM

@Ian

thank you!

my pages aren't refreshing like crazy anymore so I'm thankful for that.. but my timers never count down just always say play! so I usually give it 5 mins cause I don't have a timer for them :/

it's not a glitch that's super upsetting, but is kind of a nuisance.

thanks again!!
❤ī¸ 😊

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 4 October 2016 at 1:47 PM

@yazibelle @stefrawr

These browser-based timers are actually based on your system time and count down using your computer's clocks.

If you're noticing that these are out-of-sync, perhaps your system clock is actually off by a few minutes.

Google search:
how to sync system clock windows 7
how to sync system clock windows 10
how to sync system clock mac os x

^ depending on what you're using.