Full-Sized Art

in Site Feedback & Ideas

What do you think of this idea?

8 posts

banderjack • 18 October 2016 at 12:16 AM

I've not been here long so this has probably been suggested a hundred times, sorry!
The images for pets are fairly small and work well with looking at everything a person owns, but with such a small size it's easy to miss details and such. I'd like to suggest full-sized creature art be put somewhere on each one's profile. I personally think this would allow us to better appreciate the hard work that goes into drawing all these little beasts (and travels)!

Edit: I was honestly hoping someone would explain any disagreement. I'm not suggesting the icon-sized art be replaced, just viewable in a larger size.

Deleted • 22 October 2016 at 9:17 AM

@banderjack
I would really like to see that, hopefully as some sort of feature in Version 3. It really is a shame we can only see these small icons, I often zoom in onto creatures when I try to draw them, but it just makes stuff pixely. Which can be quite annoying, too. Sometimes, I just can't make out a detail.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 22 October 2016 at 9:34 AM

@banderjack

I would like to see that, do you mean as the actual image itself? (like the ones shown in the archives when you right click them?)

However, this might not be able to happen unless they gave a higher res image when you zoom in because the artists have to use a 90x90 template

8 posts

banderjack • 23 October 2016 at 3:26 PM

@prairie
Do they really? I assumed they just drew it and then scaled it down.

Either way I'd hope it's something they'd be able to do!

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 23 October 2016 at 3:29 PM

@banderjack

I think so, though I could be wrong, but I noticed all thier images fit withing a 90x90 frame. 😊

Though they might do a 180X180 then size it down, I have no clue, just a guess.

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 23 October 2016 at 3:39 PM

While this is a very neat idea, I'm not sure how feasible it would be to implement since we would have to go back and contact every artist whose done work for us and have them redraw the creature images in a larger size. For the vast majority of the art you see on the site, this is the full size. There are only a handful of creature images that have larger art, those we used for the constellations.

I do like this idea, it would just be a lot of work to actually implement.

8 posts

banderjack • 23 October 2016 at 3:41 PM

@Orderedchaos

Well, it was worth a shot! Thank you for reading 😊

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 23 October 2016 at 9:32 PM

@banderjack @orderedchaos
They could have a fan art contest about that. Maybe, like once every other week, they could have a contest where they submit user drawings of the creatures. Whoever gets in the top three gets to be able to apply the 'look' to their creature.
Just considering another way this neat feature could be implemented...