The Mental Illness Safe Room

in Chit-Chat

Female
1,571 posts

rileytibbles • 30 October 2016 at 11:45 PM

Hey Guys

So I'm currently in the midst of an anxiety attack, and I thought it might be a good idea to create a safe space on this website where users can discuss methods they use to cope with mental illnesses such as anxiety.

I want this space to always stay positive and uplifting. Everyone should help each other.

I know there's a lot of people struggling out there with mental illness and I think it would be nice to have a safe outlet on this topic to share whatever you're comfortable with and to just help other people.

Talking to others is something that always helps me come down from a panic or anxiety attack, and it's usually online that I find solace.

Again I want this to be a completely safe, positive space, not necessarily for talking about your specific issues and why you have them, but just more of a resource for a human network of people who are similar.

I want this to be solution oriented. Please don't just post something heavy and expect sympathy, I want people to work together to deal with this issue that affects SO MANY people.

xoxo

Female
313 posts

playdate • 31 October 2016 at 10:56 AM

What do you recommend for social and separation anxiety?

Female
1,571 posts

rileytibbles • 31 October 2016 at 12:07 PM

@playdate

Ah, well I'm not a doctor and I deal with a more generalized anxiety so I don't really know what it's like to deal with those types.

Maybe someone else on here has similar anxieties?

Female
313 posts

playdate • 31 October 2016 at 12:18 PM

@rileytibbles
That's okay

Female
3 posts

kingslayerr • 3 November 2016 at 7:02 PM

I love this idea! With the changing seasons and the days getting shorter, I've recently got hit with another bad bout of seasonal affective disorder on top of everything else. I feel like a zombie ugh ): it's so frustrating. And I really hate having to explain myself to everyone since I usually am much more chipper at work. Blahblahblah. Just wanted to get this off my chest!

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 12 November 2016 at 9:07 AM

@rileytibbles i dont really have a mental illness but im not great with coping with stress and would have a lot of panic attacks due too it. i find when life gets too much its best to focus on the things that is good in life or how you can make things better if you cant see any positives. its also important to know your not alone friends and family are here for you even if you might not always know it like i did 😃 stay strong everyone 😃