Mobile Issue??

in Problems & Bugs

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 11 November 2016 at 10:42 AM

Hi,

So to preface, this might just be my phone, and I'm not even sure this is something that can be changed.

The issue I am having is with one of the advertisements affecting sound. I play music via headphones a lot while playing EggCave, and I'm sure a lot of other users do to. When the blue "Kelloggs" (ceral brand) pops up anywhere on the site (I'm using Safari on iPhone) whatever I'm listening to pauses automatically (as if something on the web page is playing sound/video). However, the advertisement is not playing sound-not even when I click it. I have no other apps or web pages up. This happens with no other advertisement.

Is this my phone, the site, or is the advertisement supposed to do this? Anyone else notice this?

I know it's not a big issue, but I wanted to see if it was just me. I thought I was going insane until I realized the same ad popped up every time. Weirdiest issue I've ever had on the site...

Edit: spelling

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 11 November 2016 at 10:10 PM

@animalinn its not just you. I usually play on iPad and it happens as well. Its just pure annoying. Unfortunately, its how EggCave makes money and ads are easiest. I'm not sure, but they might be able to control the sound.

I'll ping @ian just to check for you.

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 11 November 2016 at 10:49 PM

@jellyfish I'm glad it's not just me! At least its not my (new and otherwise amazing) phone.

I have absolutely no issues with advertisements as a whole and yes, they are a essential part of making money. Just wish they could do something about that specific one is all.