any anime recommendations?

in Entertainment

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 13 December 2016 at 7:19 AM

so ive been looking for a new anime to watch im going to be off here a lot more so i want something to rewind with. ive watched quite a bit of anime (i have no life πŸ˜‹) but if you have suggestions of good ones please let me know

what anime i "dislike"
romance (sorry its slowly kills me)
a anime totally about gore (dont mind a bit or even a lot but please allow a storyline πŸ˜‹)

what i "love"
awesome fights πŸ˜‹
a good/ creative story line or something that makes you go omg towards the end πŸ˜‹
anything pretty much apart from romance πŸ˜‹

1,558 posts

dragonii • 13 December 2016 at 9:28 AM

@cloud-n-bolts Ah, I understand that pain. I usually can't handle the cheesiness of some romance.
do you have a list of what anime you have watched? I don't want to recommended something you have already watched.

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 15 December 2016 at 5:15 PM

@cloud-n-bolts

ARGHHHHHHH!

That's really hard! I never watch romance but I always watch gore. Very brutal...

Would you accept " Beyond the Boundary?"

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 15 December 2016 at 5:23 PM

@cloud-n-bolts

I heavily reccomend Psycho Pass and Death Parade β™‘

Male
13 posts

redwall • 16 December 2016 at 11:19 AM

I'd recommend soul eater unless you have seen it already, i think there is gore pretty much only in eps. 1 ^-^

12 posts

yashen • 16 December 2016 at 7:14 PM

No game No life is either a hit or a miss with everyone. Either you'll like it or you wont

Assassination classroom is pretty good imo

Code Geass and Guilty Crown if you haven't watched already

Evangelion and maybe infinite stratos if you like gundam

SAO
Tokyo Ghoul

and ofc the Pokemon anime (don't judge)

168 posts

kalessin • 16 December 2016 at 7:37 PM

@cloud-n-bolts

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Inuyasha
Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)

FMA:B is my absolute fave, if you haven't seen it already it's really worth it!

Female
1,419 posts

emilianagerson • 21 December 2016 at 9:18 AM

@cloud-n-bolts

If you're looking for something really interesting you should watch Psycho Pass. Its set in the future and has really good plot I suggest it heavily ^-^

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 21 December 2016 at 7:10 PM

@cloud-n-bolts

I also recommend psycho-pass! Also Ajin (great anime, once you get use to the animation style), Code:Breaker, Btooom!, Madoka Magica (thought it was too girly but got better after the 3-4 ep), Nozaki-kun (really funny).

Mainstream, longer running ones: Hunter x Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naturo, Bleach, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 22 December 2016 at 6:50 AM

So sorry guys for the late reply thank you guys for your recommendations.

@dragonii a list?? ERM well here are the main ones I guess

Naruto
bleach
fairytail
inuyasha (because of a friend lol)
one piece i tried but couldn't get into.
D.gray man

I've watched a lot more but they more smaller lol πŸ˜‹

@popcornflakes I've never heard of that anime what's it about? Thanks so much

@momokie psyco pass seems to be one a lot of people are suggesting I'll check it out πŸ˜ƒ thank you

@redwall my sister watches that but I tend to avoid what she watches lol what's the anime about?

@yashen I've watched assassination classroom I'm on the second season just couldnt get back into it ☹️. I looked into code geass as a friend recommended it but it didn't seem like my sort of anime. Thanks for your recommendations I'll take a look at the others you have listed also yay I love the Pokémon anime so my childhood.

Male
13 posts

redwall • 22 December 2016 at 8:33 AM

Im awfully bad at explaining, you should look it up.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 22 December 2016 at 2:45 PM

@cloud-n-bolts

HunterXHunter - Seems like a lighthearted anime but gets darker real quick. Some gore, but the fight scenes are amazing. Yorknew arc is my favorite.

Fullmetal Alchemist (and brotherhood) - Can't ever recommend this enough. Probably the best anime I've ever seen. Amazing storyline with wonderful characters and intense fight scenes.

Mob Psycho 100 - Cinnamon roll main character is psychic and just wants to be noticed by his senpai. Oh, he's also an extremely powerful psychic who exorcises spirits after school. Art style is strange, but the fight scenes are great.

Noragami - Spirits, swords, and gods, oh my! Yato is my spirit animal and just wants to have his own shrine.

One Punch Man - Same creators of MP100, so the art style is different. Main character is a normal egg head but is the strongest man on the planet. He just wants to be a hero for fun but nothing can last longer than a single punch. Kind of a parody of most superhero comics/shows and shounen anime. Gore... ish? theres blood and monsters get their guts punched out.

Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - I'm sure you've heard of this one. One of the most popular anime out there, loved even by people who don't normally watch anime. There is gore but this anime is so hyped.

Random suggestions:

Haikyuu!! - A bunch of highschool kids playing volleyball. I love all of these characters so much you don't understand. They are my children. Fun and exciting, no romance, intense matches.

Yu.ri!!! on ice - My current obsession. It's about professional ice skating and healthy gay relationships. The romance is there but it isn't the main focus. They only kiss once and you don't even really see it.

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 25 December 2016 at 1:32 PM

@cloud-n-bolts

Shinsekai Yori.

Going omg towards the very end is guaranteed.

Berserk is an amazing story. Probably the best one anime ever told.

Mirai Nikki is a big fun. No, really ^^

Yes, and you can watch Claymore instead of Attack on Titan. The same story, just much better told. Awesome fights.

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 26 December 2016 at 11:58 AM

@cloud-n-bolts

It's about a high school student named Akihito Kanbara trying to save a student from committing suicide. Her name was Mirai Kuriyama, she suddenly stabbed the young student with a sword made from her own blood. That's when she figured out that he was half-immortal. That's how they met, and Mirai started to call him "senpai". They have a relationship but not too romantic.