The Pokemon Club: currently adding new events/details in post 1

in Entertainment

Look at the first post about this poll. Do you like...

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 27 December 2016 at 10:42 PM

As a new game has been released, please place ~~SPOILER ALLERTS~~ on your post(s) if you think they may contain a spoiler in the late game. Even though it has already been out for a while, some may not get the game until Christmas (like me but I do not care much for spoilers).

Welcome one and all to the Pokemon Club where we celebrate all things Pokemon!

Need some help completing a game? Ask here!
Want to talk about the anime or the games? Talk here!

The more members, the more fun it'll be!
#Pokemon

It's time to d-d-d--d DDDDD- #Pokemon Updates (why would us trainers duel?!)
NEW FEATURE
So I was thinking about two ideas and I am curious about feedback but I'll write my idea here; why not have a mailing group specifically for information about Pokemon games, movies, show times etc (1) or have a conversation where we all can talk about Pokemon including information, things we like about Pokemon and any sort of thing that we have seen or thought would be cool. Even discussing pokemon fusions and fakemon (2). The last idea is just a thread for the club where we can talk about Pokemon and anything else in the world. We can use this mail thread to get to know our fellow Eggcavers and we can include all of option 2 and 1 in it.

The problem with idea (1) is that there would only be one conversation for all games so if you just have PoGo you would still get messages about all other games

The problem with idea (2) is that there may be a lot of people and there would be times of a lot of messages and times of very few messages.

The problem with idea (3) is that there may be an absolute barrage of messages as it is free for all talk. Personally I don't mind this but I know not everyone enjoys many notifications for a mail thread.

I would love to hear any ideas you guys may have for this. I would like to get this up and running by the new year if there are enough interested in either idea. Plus, we can still add people afterwards.

USuMo
I believe there's a Global Challenge now but I do not know the details.

PoGo:
Generation 3 Pokemon have been released. So far I don't believe Castform has been introduced and we are still waiting for Delibird and maybe something else from Gen 2, I cannot remember from the top of my head.

With this update was the introduction of the weather function. Pogo will now have in game weather which reflects where you are in the world. Naturally it isn't always right but it has been pretty accurate for what I've seen of it.

Now you can set a party for raiding. I don't know if this party is used for gyms as well as I haven't set a party.

Base storage was increased by 50 with the release of Gen 3. I did not notice this at all until my sister pointed it out yesterday (19th of Dec) to me.

Groudon is available in Raids. For players above lv 30, 5-6 players are needed to defeat him except if he has Solar beam then around 7-8 are needed. If you have a team where not all of the players are above lv 30 then go for around 7-8 players. Good luck guys!

Regional exclusives have been found outside of their region. This means that in future events this may occur again as a prize so I will try and get this information out to people ASAP.

SuMo Mega Stones:

With the release of the Ultra games I don't know if these codes still work. If anyone knows, please don't hesitate to share!

The code is M2DESCENT (not sure what this is for anymore)

MATSUBUSA to get Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Camerupt and Banette's Mega Stones
To get it, go to Mystery Gift and choose via Code. In there, write the code and wait until is download. Once it finish, go to any Pokémon Center to talk with the Delivery Guy. This is for all codes
The password for Mawile, Beedrill, Audino, Medicham Mega Stones
INTIMIDATE
The password for Pidgeot, Steelix, Heracross, and Houndroom Mega Stones
AZUL

Switch stuff

Nintendo is doing some weird sale or something with the Switch and 3DS. I noticed it on Facebook but didn't care enough to find out more as I'm not purchasing any games from them at the moment.

Fun stuff:

Official artwork for Pokemon Go to celebrate the 1 year anniversary : https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19693544_687249701467043_3195239808356943080_o.jpg?oh=aa01d794633d06dfc0da5f552ceabf8f&oe=59C9537D

Some absolutely stunning Pokemon DS homescreen themes are available to buy.

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 27 December 2016 at 10:57 PM

@mastergemma
I would love to join the club, I'm a HUGE fan of Pokemon! I've played a lot in DS, and a online pokemon game too 😸

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 28 December 2016 at 1:09 AM

@mastergemma
I go on Pokemon Go and hehe I'm Level 8 using free wifi (don't have data ☹️) and playing at home 😃
The best Pokemon I've gotten so far are:
Pikachu (Christmas Edition 😃)
Eevee x2 😃
Meowth
I know this isn't very good but hey, I survived on Free Wifi o.o
I've also seen SO MANY THINGS THAT ARE PRETTY GOOD TO ME! I saw them without knowing like how could I miss it? o.OMy sister tried to catch a Dragonite or something but missed... ☹️ Here's a list of all the creatures that I've seen that seem worthy on the list XD
I've seen:
Dragonite o.o
SNORLAX! 😸
FLAREONNNNNN! ❤️❤️❤️
VAPOREON! 😱
Gyarados o.O
Rhydon

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 28 December 2016 at 7:22 AM

EVENTS

Pokemon Symphony Concerts: still occuring. Please Google for more details.

Shuffle:

SuMo:
Global Mission for SuMo: None at the moment.

ask the lady in the festival Plaza next to the computer to participate in a mission;

Special QR codes worth 20 points have been released:
http://tinypic.com/r/25qu8u8/9

Transferring some Pokemon from Bank or trading for it will entail a special cut scene and you can find more details here: http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/25/14383746/pokemon-sun-and-moon-mysterious-old-man-cutscene

Get Magearna on SuMo! End date: never.
Complete the main story line and go into the QR scanner. Scan this (http://tinyurl.com/hrjqd8p) and find the deliveryman at the Antiquities of the Ages shop in Hau'oli City. This code can also be used as a 20 point QR code and will not work if the main story isn't completed!

Pokemon Bank
This can mass transfer your Pokemon from earlier games to other games. The Pokemon need to be in your box (not in your battle box, party or in the daycare) and you transfer the games to the different titles you have. You cannot take Alolan Pokemon back to earlier games.

Transferring some Pokemon will entail a special cut scene and you can find more details here: http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/25/14383746/pokemon-sun-and-moon-mysterious-old-man-cutscene

Pokemon Duel
Abailable on iOS and Android, this is a puzzle game where you need to be connected to the internet. You battle opponents with 6 Pokemon and try to defeat your opponents Pokemon.

AS/OR/XY:

Go:

Members (games owned//internet PKMN games played):
ammolite (X,Y SuMo)
brunosc
cosmia (Mo, AS, Y, SMD, B2, Pt, D, PMD, SS, R, S, E, RE, LG, Col, Stadium, Snap)
demons (S, AS, B, Conquest, D, Go, HG, P, Pt, Ranger, Rumble, SS, Su, TCG, W, Y, PMG)
emeraldstar (Su Mo)
fairy_tail (R,B,G,Ye, C, E, SuMo, B, B2W2, ORAS, PMD, Ranger, Conquest, XY, DP, HG, SS)
faressain
icesparkle22 (Go)
iris1929578 (Magikarp Jump, Go, TCG)
leafmelody (Go)
leafstarclan (AS)
nboez (Go)
mastergemma (AS, Mo, SMD, Go //Ecl)
motivecat (Moon)
Orderedchaos
raccoon (essentially everything)
shadowy_overseer (Pt, HG, W, W2, Y, AS, Mo)
silverlite (tcg)
sparklefox (Colosseum, Pt, SS, PMD, B, W, B2, Y, AS, Mo)
togepi360 (SuMo, Duel, Go, RunW, Shuffle, W2)
valleries1 (Go, Su, Mo, B, W, OR, RB, D)
wigglytuff (Go)

Key:
AS: Alpha Sapphire
B: Pokemon Black
BL: Pokemon Blue
BR: Battle Revolution
C: Crystal
Co: Conquest
Col: Pokemon Colosseum
D: Pokemon Diamond
E: Emerald
Go: Pokemon Go
HG: Heart Gold
Mo: Pokemon Moon
P: Pokemon Pearl
Pin: Pokemon Pinball
PP: Pokepark
Pt: Pokemon Platinum
R: Pokemon Red
Ra: Pokemon Ranger
Rum: Pokemon Rumble and Rumble Blast
RumW: Rumble World
S: Pokemon Saphire
SH: Pokemon Shuffle (available iOS, Android and 3/2DS)
SMD: Super Mystery Dungeon
Sn: Pokemon Snap
SS: Soul Silver
Su: Sun
tcg: Trading Card Game
W: Pokemon White
X: Pokemon X
Y😋okemon Y
Ye: Yellow

Website Key:
GPX: Global Pokedex Plus
Ecl: Pokemon Eclipse

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@brunosc
What games do you have? I can put it on the list if you want!
I have many fond memories of playing Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon White on my DS! Unfortunately I didn't have anything else.

@leafmelody
I'm restricted to free wifi as well. I'm only able to play as at my university there's wifi and some Pokestops and I'm lv 16 now. Did you know that the Christmas Pikachu evolves into a Christmas Raichu? How are you liking Pokemon Go being another restricted to wifi player? It's definitely annoying but still fun!

I haven't seen a Dragonite or Dragonair at all! I've got Dratini as my buddy so I'm eventually going to get them. I've never seen a Snorlax, Gyardos or a Vaporeon before except in gyms. I managed to catch a Flareon within the last two weeks in my house!

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 28 December 2016 at 7:26 AM

@mastergemma
WOAH LVL 16?! 😱 I only started like this month so... XD
Ooooh that's cool 😃 I've seen 4 Christmas Pikachus but Only caught one so XD
It's alright, nice to know that I won't get my bills and be all shocked and stuff XD It's not too bad, you still get decent stuff but just not as good... (THERE WAS A FREAKING VULPIX RIGHT ACROSS MY HOUSE NEAR THE PARK BUT THE WIFI DIDN'T EXTEND TO THERE AND IT WAS THERE FOR 4 DAYS! 4 DAYS OF TORTURE vov I asked my mum if I could go to the park cause she has data hehe and she said is it for ze Pokemon and I"m like hehe no XD)
My sister nearly caught one vov
WOW A FLAREON Lucky vov

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 28 December 2016 at 8:19 AM

@leafmelody
Pokemon Go actually doesn't take a lot of data up. I've joined Pokemon groups and personally asked the members that. I was very shocked to find that out!

I got a response saying that a person wouldn't go through a single gigabyte a month! I jumped on Go earlier today and saw that there were two Squirtles at a Pokestop less than 150m away. That was horrible because I wanted to run there in the heat to catch them.

I haven't caught a Vulpix yet but I managed to catch a Sandshrew today ❤️

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 28 December 2016 at 12:25 PM

@mastergemma Can I join? I have Su and Mo (I mainly play mo though)

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 28 December 2016 at 12:39 PM

@mastergemma

Cam I join for Go?I'm level 13 and my highest CP is a 514 ☹️ I havr a Flareon, Vulpix, and a bunch of Meowths in fact I can get a Persian but I don't want to...and a Jigglypuff ❤️.❤️. Soon cute! My favorite is a Vulpix though, I have a Ninetales break card and I rlly want a Ninetales lol. my dream Pokemon is an Ivysaur 😸

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 28 December 2016 at 12:44 PM

@mastergemma
Yes, hello, I'm here to join the Pokemon club. 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 28 December 2016 at 12:48 PM

@mastergemma

I'd like to join! 😊 I have nearly all the main pokemon games. (At least for the GBA & DS) My favorite thing to do is shiny hunt. I'm not into the anime, it's too childish imo. I watched the first seasons religiously when I was little though. ;P I have PoGo but I don't play it much cause I live in a rural area.

List of my games:
SuMo
ORAS
XY
B2W2
BW
HGSS
DPPt
RSE
FR
Red & Yellow
All PMD
All Rangers
Original Pinball
Battle Revolution (Wii)
Both Pokeparks (Wii)
Rumble blast
Shuffle (Mobile and DS)
Conquest

I used to play GPX but I kinda stopped. I'm on there as Naomi though.

I'm super excited because I'm getting another copy of Sapphire really cheap and I'm gonna nuzlocke it! 😃

2,892 posts

skymoare • 28 December 2016 at 2:48 PM

@mastergemma

I live really close to a library so on Pokémon go I can get things from the poke-stop (is that what it is called?) everyday. 😊

I have ALOT of games here are some:

Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Black/white
Pokemon Go
pokemon sun/Moon
Sun
pokemon X/Y
Omega Ruby
Pokémon Red/blue (pretty old game)
Pokémon Diamond Version (I think it was called that)

and some others.......(all in the basement BIG mess)

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 28 December 2016 at 5:17 PM

@mastergemma
Oh wow that is a big shock to me too 😱
I've heard that it takes up a whole heap of money... o.O
SOOOO Me DX The park with the Vulpix and stuff is two houses away and it really really sucks ☹️ Even worse, there's a PokeStop there DX The temptation is real o.o

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 28 December 2016 at 7:26 PM

First Post updated with more details of events. If there's an event in your country that I don't know about, please tell me any details you know. I'll update the first post.

@valleries1
That's good! At my university library there's a PokeStop so I always make sure I sit within reach. In another building it's possible to be within two PokeStops!

@raccoon
You have a collection I dream about! Do you enjoy Pokemon Conquest? I want to track down a copy as I enjoy those sorts of games but so far I haven't had any luck.

I watched the show as much as I could as a child. It was on at the perfect time for the first few seasons but then it changed time slots which made it very hard for me to get ready for school and watch full episodes.

@icesparkle22
Well the Christmas event will help you gain candy for that Ivyssaur!

@Orderedchaos
You've been added to the club, welcome!

@emeraldstar
How far are you? I've managed to finish the main story!

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 28 December 2016 at 9:30 PM

@mastergemma

Unfortunately, I don't even have a Bulbasaur yet ☹️ and I ink th Christmas event is over...I didn't even get a santa pika ☹️

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 28 December 2016 at 9:38 PM

@icesparkle22
It's continuing until the third of January, I should write that in the first post! thanks for the reminder. If trading does happen in the future and players don't have to be next to each other I'll happily trade you a Santachu and a Bulbasaur!

I should also add that lure modules are lasting for an hour during this event too!

@leafmelody
I was very shocked too! I even wrote back, "are you serious?" I still cannot believe that it takes so little! Once I went out with a friend and used his data. For both of use for the hour it wasn't even 50 megabytes. Maybe this will help convince your family to let you use some occasionally!

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 28 December 2016 at 9:51 PM

@mastergemma

Ahhh are you serious? Tysm! Are you looking for any Pokemon, and do you have a Ditto yet? 😃

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 28 December 2016 at 9:59 PM

@icesparkle22
We still don't know if trading will be released or how it will work on Pokemon Go. If it's possible to trade across the world then we will be able to! Until then we will all have to wait.

Does your country have a there specific Pokemon? I'll also grab as many Kangaskhans as I can to trade with other users and I don't yet have a Ditto.

I'm curious to how the trading will work because then region specific Pokemon will essentially be worthless as we will all be able to trade for these no matter where we are. For this reason, I'm worried that the trading will be only with nearby players which will be heartbreaking.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 28 December 2016 at 10:03 PM

@mastergemma
Still can't believe it... o.o I thought it would cost a whole bunch of money o.o Oh well, not getting data anytime soon ^^" Not even my older sister has data.. D:

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 28 December 2016 at 11:43 PM

@mastergemma

Hmmm, North America...Taurous. Not interesting as seeing I have one that's only CP 23 and three spawned at my local pool XD Taurus is probably the worst region, te ebst is probably Farfetched

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 29 December 2016 at 5:35 AM

@mastergemma Stuck on fighting Olivia xD. I knew I shouldn't of evolved my Eevee into Flareon.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 29 December 2016 at 12:16 PM

@mastergemma

Its taken quite a while to scrape up my collection. ^.^ (And way more money than I should probably be spending on video games lol)

Pokemon Conquest was super fun. The big 'boss' fight was super hard. It took me forever to beat it.

827 posts

nine • 29 December 2016 at 9:38 PM

@mastergemma
Woah, sweet, a Pokémon club! 😃
I'd like to join! The games I've got include:
Pokémon Sun
Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Y
Pokémon Go (don't play it much)
Pokémon White
Pokémon Diamond
And a few other ones which I'm unable to play as I've lost my Gameboy.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 30 December 2016 at 10:33 AM

@mastergemma How could I forget XD. I also have have Pokemon Go but I barely play it. It won't load properly for me and I have ran out of poke balls. I only play it on iPad and my wifi doesn't stretch.

I'm also hoping to start an Eevee adoption thing. I won't start until my Eevees actually have an egg though.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 30 December 2016 at 5:03 PM

@mastergemma

OMG I can't believe my luck...I wan outta poke balls on my main so I made a new account...I caught a bulbasaur as my starter, then a squiryle, then I was scrolling through the pokedex lokking at the Ivysaur, AND A WILD IVYSAUR APPEARED! 😃 I was only level 3 so it was only cp 20, but I powered it up to 126 😃

Female
344 posts

fairy_tail • 30 December 2016 at 5:19 PM

@mastergemma

May I join? I've literally invested my whole life on Pokemon.XD

Games I own:
Red/Blue/Green/Yellow
Crystal
Emerald/FireRed
Diamond/Pearl/HeartGold/SoulSilver
Black/Black 2/White 2
X/Y/Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby
Sun/Moon

Pokemon Conquest
All PMD games
All Pokemon Ranger games

I also have a question. About the Arceus event, how does it work?

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 4 January 2017 at 10:01 PM

First post is being updated with new events, it may take some time

@fairy_tail
Sorry for the delay! The Arceus event includes getting the code and you open the game but don't open your save. Instead you go to the Mystery Gift and choose receive gift and by code. Insert the code and at a Pokemon Centre a lady will appear. Talk to her and you get whatever gift it can be!

Unfortunately this event ended at the new year and I haven't heard of any new 'last chance' events for XY/ORAS.

@icesparkle22
Be careful with more than one account on the same phone. Niantic has been known to ban multiple accounts! Congratulations on the Ivysaur, I still don't have one and I'm now lv 17!

@emeraldstar
Are you breeding the Eevee with a Ditto?

@ricefishie
Welcome! I never owned a gameboy, I didn't even know they existed when I was growing up!

@leafmelody
I'm not going to get data anytime soon either, which is unfortunate!

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 4 January 2017 at 10:02 PM

@mastergemma
I just caught this random Pokemon in my house though X3 And I went to a place where there were Pokestops everywhere, free wifi ;D 😊

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 4 January 2017 at 10:18 PM

@leafmelody
Oh man that sounds like a dream! I cannot wait for University because then I can grab more Pokeballs! Oh my gosh there's a 560 CP Charmeleon in my room! It better have high IVs. Eh, it's IVs are ~72% so it's not that great but not half bad. It's currently my highest IV Chameleon.

First post has been updated with the Friendly Alolan Battle Competition. More details there.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 4 January 2017 at 11:03 PM

@mastergemma
Pokestops are amazing X3 I've only got a litle less than 100 though :/
Oh gawd a Charmeleon? 😱 COOLLLLL 😃

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 5 January 2017 at 2:16 AM

@leafmelody
I've seen a few Charmanders, Squirtles and Chameleons in my room due to the New Year event. Unfortunately it's ending on the 8th and there's no more Santa Pikachus ☹️

I've heard that Pokestops are stocking more revives and potions but it still may be the luck of the draw.

There are so many events going on!