Mods, you can close/lock this topic :)

in Chit-Chat

Has the sound just stopped working on your laptop before? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 January 2017 at 8:30 PM

Yep, exactly the title...
It just stopped working one day and I tried everything basically to fix it ☹️ I even went to the Dell Tech Support YouTube Channel, but they only covered Windows 10 and I think I have a Windows 8.1 D:
I'm wondering if anyone can halp me? o.O I kinda need my sound back... ☹️ To watch The Big Bang Theory LOL XD
It's been like 3 days now D:
I asked my friends for halp and hehe they dunno either ☹️
Help would be greatly appreciated 😃
Thanks y'all 😃

PS. No my laptop is not on mute 😋 I put it up to 100% sound and nothing has happened D:

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 14 January 2017 at 8:38 PM

@leafmelody I'd recommend taking it to the store. The speakers may be water damaged or something. Or you've just had it too loud and you blew the speakers.

Quote from the stores website

"You can do this by going to Device Manager and then right-clicking on the sound device and choosing Uninstall. Go ahead and restart the computer and Windows will automatically reinstall the sound device. This may fix your problem in some cases. Hopefully, the sound on your laptop is working now!"

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 January 2017 at 9:53 PM

@lailaluckyseal87
(I probably blasted it yes yes I watched too many episodes of the Big Bang Theory XD)

Yes yes I saw that 😊 I searched the website, searched online, went on YouTube to search it up XD I'm not a computer genius so it's a little hard... I'm not too sure about uninstalling though.. What if it stuffs up? DX

EDIT
I fixed it 😃 Check zis video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKu4zFccf-0 😃

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 14 January 2017 at 10:23 PM

@leafmelody Yay! Good Job!!

Now I have to go suffer from listening to the periodic table song for three hours..... for fun....! Halp

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 January 2017 at 10:24 PM

@lailaluckyseal87
Haha thankns 😃