Stuff of Stars [Roleplay Thread]

in Roleplaying

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 15 January 2017 at 10:58 PM

@slyriolu @thebrokenvibe @ammolite @emeraldstar

After the rise of the Space Age, many species have rapidly started to colonize the nearby habitable stars and planets. Magic became a staple of the final frontier, with some races using it as part of their culture and daily lives, and such, the Milky Way galaxy is constantly growing in terms of more spacefaring creatures, expansion of empires, war, and many more.
And then there's you. Yeah, I'm referring to you. You are a spacefaring captain. Are you a captain who wants to diplomatically interact with others, or are you one who will force them all to being destroyed?

I'm too awkward to start. Who wants to start for me?

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 16 January 2017 at 12:08 AM

Zura rode on his flat like ship. He wondered how the rest of his group was they only meet up time to time for hunts usually. He had modified his crossbow quite a bit for certain missions remembering if he should coat his arrows in poisions or add cryo rounds to it he wants to start another hunt or start trading or just plain explore a place. He was out of his warframe at his foundry to make small tools like ciphers for hacking, shield pads, and just sitting around looking at space while the foundry was making his items.

He finally decided to go on a deserted jungle planet a fun place to use his warframe and just to collect resources for more of his tools. Maybe sometimes he would find a artifact that he would ethier keep or sell. Sometimes he wonders why would you leave a perfectly fine planet like this? When he visits some planets.

@nightmaremoon12

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 16 January 2017 at 12:15 AM

Nue explored the deserted jungle planet, before seeing somebody land. Wanting to get closer, she decided to use her subconscious powers to hide from one's naked eyes.
"Who is this strange person?" Her bladed glove detracted, before she decided to get closer whilst invisible.

"I trust that you would do well on this mission," a male Nebularan said.

"You can always trust me, can you not?" Nonomy replied, before heading on her spaceship, leaving the solar system. She was the chipper type of girl when it comes to space exploration and expansion of the empire.

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 16 January 2017 at 12:41 AM

Zura heared the soft sound of the voice. He retreated from his warframe using it as bait for the thing. He quickly went invisible with the void covering him in it's comforting protection. He soon bumped into something invisible and void dashed away from it. (Should I call it a blink?) If he heated the footsteps come close he would retreat to his warframe or use a void blast.
@nightmaremoon12
@thebrokenvibe
@ammolite
@emeraldstar

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 16 January 2017 at 1:09 AM

@slyriolu

"Why are you so paranoid?" Nue flew into the air, and used the flapping sound as a distraction, before landing somewhere else.
"After all, I come in peace." Her voice was soft and calm. It hasn't been this calm ever since her brother's life slipped away from her grasps. "It's unwise to attack harmless creatures, when you don't know their intentions."

Nonomy eventually landed on an icy planet. It was freezing cold, but she didn't care about it.
She looked around, and saw nothing but frozen ice shards and small bunny-like creatures hopping in the snow. Trees speckled the land as she knew that she caught herself in a blizzard.
"I found some signals here... But where are they?" Eventually she found an arrow jammed to her spaceship. Looking at the direction of the arrow, she saw a masked humanoid alien with a crossbow, aiming towards Nonomy.
"Ah, crabbles! You think a measly little bolt can stop m-"
Eventually she heard laserbeams and gunfire. It was no use. She was ambushed.
Nonomy attempted to beam up to her ship, but was shot in the leg by an arrow. "Gah!" She tried to resist the wound, but it was too painful. With no second thought, she forcefully pulled the bolt off her leg, and glowing lavender fluid bled out.
"Bad idea, bad idea!" She panicked, as her spaceship has already left the orbit. "Autopilot, on!" The Nebularan demanded, whilst she tries to find some healing gear in her spaceship.

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 16 January 2017 at 1:20 AM

"How do I know you're not an acolyte..." He replied in his warframe ready to fly away in his warframe which meant he would burn through a bit of energy. (Acolytes are a enemy of the Tenno that matches their own power since their rouge Tenno.) He was preparing to tell Ordis (His ship) to pick him up if things got nasty.
@nightmaremoon12

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 16 January 2017 at 1:43 AM

@slyriolu

Nue then made herself visible to the stranger in front.
"What makes you think I am an enemy to you? After all, I did say I come in peace." She giggled, smiling at the stranger. "You're not from around here, are you?" The hasmip asked.

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 16 January 2017 at 1:48 AM

"Of course what do you think this is a desserted planet i was hoping to find some matirials i could trade." Zura just grew more weary of this charater after she giggled it felt off to him still thinking it was some sort of acolyte. What she was doing now was a bit similar to what a acolyte did when it blew up their base. And he couldnt kill the thing it wasnt hostile but still it was odd.
@nightmaremoon12

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 16 January 2017 at 3:08 AM

@slyriolu

"All you can find in this planet is exotic creatures and trees. I'm not sure what wood someone like you show up here. Perhaps for valuable resources below the surface?" Nue smiled.
"Anyways, enough about you, how about me?" She said. "My name's Nue - a Hasmip of planet Lilica. I am an ambassador of my species and citizen of my one and only homeworld. What's your name, Mister Arrogance?" The hasmip joked. "I'm not blind, after all. In fact," she continued, "I could take whatever's in your subconsciousness for myself."

Nonomy limped towards a nearby cabinet will all sorts of medical supplies. She reached out for a roll of bandages in her front, and wrapped it around her leg wound. Sighing with as she closes the cabinet, Nonomy heads towards the captain's chair, ready to disable autopilot.
"Autopilot, off..." She sighed, as the ship slowly stopped, now in the Nebularan's control. Eventually she felt two radio waves - from one star. Her curiousity piqued, she decided to investigate.
She landed far from the two in their meaningful dialogue, and looked around with excitement.
"This wild planet is filled with creatures, waiting for the day they become sentient... Until I came along!" Nonomy went back to her spaceship, and attempted to video contact her superior.
Interesting... Ships will be heading towards your location immediately to start colonization.
"Thank you, sir!" She replied, "I hope everything goes well." She saluted, before the communication stopped.

Nue looked up, and to her surprise, see purple spaceships in orbit, going to one direction.
"Hey, who's flying them?" She asked herself, frozen in awe by the all the ships, as if they were called to go there.

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 16 January 2017 at 8:19 AM

A surge of invulerntary void energy went through him and his Warframe. "Congrats is it your break we all need those... I'm Zura. Can I continue collecting samples from the plants? Their fun to use as a weapon or healing just depends what plants you use. I go to diffent planets to look for stronger plants. Go on Vesper and look for frostleafs those are insanely good healing plants. But be prepared for cold weather, very cold." Zura explained having a special orange scanner in hand for if he scanned enough of the same plant he could get the information for it. "So are you on break?" He asked.
@midnightmoon12

1,853 posts

purgatory • 16 January 2017 at 1:37 PM

Jason groaned as he tripped on a log. "What is with this deserted jungle?" He muttered as he got up. He turned into a wolf and walked around looking for something interesting to report to his boss. He found a few exotic plants that can be used as antidotes to poison but they quickly withered away when he picked them up.

J-7 you still here? J-7?"

The voice of his boss from the earpiece startled him and made Jason jumped towards some living things. They aren't plants, he thought.

"Yes, J-7 active. Anything you need me to do, sir?" Jason said back.
"Anything interesting yet? Our spaceships are ready to fly"
"Yes sir, some plants here are very useful but they die quickly when you pick them up... And the are living things apart from plats and trees here..."

static

"Good. Spaceships ready to ta- *BAM*. *cough* never mind, just keep exploring and figure what those living things are"
"Roger that."
Jason sighs as he walked towards the living things. They were talking about something.... Jason listened closer..... Something about plants... And a break?

@nightmaremoon12
@slyriolu

Sorry for the late reply, I felt dizzy and had an upset stomach this morning ^^"

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 16 January 2017 at 3:16 PM

@ammolite @slyriolu @nightmaremoon12 @emeraldstar

Muse sat up straighter on the rock she had used to keep watch for her small group. Voices could be heard ahead of them, although Muse wasn't if it was the usual inhabitants of this planet or if it was something else. They shifted uneasily before standing up, looking at their companions.

With a brief sigh Muse stood up and carefully picked her way across the landscape. Their ship had gone down not too far from where the trio was camping. But Muse knew that they were a bit too close to other landing spots for it to be considered being stranded.

They stopped as Muse spotted what was currently a discussion amongst others. She didn't really care to listen to anything outside of the tone of the voices. She never enjoyed eavesdropping although she knew that it would help to preemptively stop a fight breaking out of she knew if hostilities were a thing.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 16 January 2017 at 4:05 PM

@slyriolu @ammolite @thebrokenvibe

"No, not really. Being ambassador means no breaks." Nue replied. "I just came here to get a scroll from this planet." She grabbed the scroll from her side. It had blue stripes on the side, and it was shining a lavender glow. "Some Hasmip forgot this scroll, and now I need to return it.

"Sir! Colonization process is ready for action!" Nonomy said in front of her superior.
The male nebularan smiled, before looking behind. "This star system is claimed by us. We are not letting others stop colonization process."
"After all," Nonomy interjected, "the creatures here are not native. They won't be in our way when we begin building our most beautiful cities in this planet!"

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 16 January 2017 at 6:45 PM

"Oh you're kidding right? What do you actually do for you not to have any breaks. Yep nothing can beat a frostleaf when it comes to healing." He said pulling his orange device away from a plant.
"So where's the wild life this is a jungle after all." He said. He was expecting some cat like creatures like the Kavat he has named Sandstorm he didn't bring his pet this time because he was just scanning plants. And his companion would steal his device.
@nightmaremoon
@ammolite
@thebrokenvibe

1,853 posts

purgatory • 16 January 2017 at 7:41 PM

Jason spotted the orange device. What the heck is that? he asked himself. Curiosity burned inside him, which made him jump towards the living thing holding the device. he missed and crashed into a thick green plant thing.
He whimpered as he felt a sharp pain in his paw. He looked down and noticed a thorn sticking out. Ugh... he thought. Forgetting the living things, he tried to pull the thorn out but it only dug deeper. Is this thing poisonous? He thought. Suddenly, the thorn caught fire and burned itself till it was nothing but ashes.
Even though the thorn was out, it left burnt marks on him. He sighs.

@slyriolu
@nightmaremoon12
@thebrokenvibe
@emeraldstar

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 16 January 2017 at 9:06 PM

Zura was soon interupted by a sigh. He came out of his warframe only to look harmless. "Hello where are you can everyone else come out of hiding please." He asked slowly advancing twords the sigh. He left the device still grasped in his warframes hand.
Then found a wolf (Jason) "I havent seen those in a whil- oh what happened to its paw how did it get burned." Zura asked going to his warframe to take the device from it and started colecting samples to make something to fix minor burns. An aloe would have been nice but this wasnt earth. So he scanned random plants to check if they had the certain healing properties needed. When it came to animals he was a sucker.
@nightmaremoon12
@ammolite
@thebrokenvibe
@emeraldstar

1,853 posts

purgatory • 16 January 2017 at 9:47 PM

Jason stared at the living thing and cocked his head. Haha yes you can't find aloe here but there's a plant like it somewhere he thought. He sniffed around looking for the plant.
He acted like a wolf, trying to not get caught hat he was a shapeshifter. He spotted the plant and ran towards it, picked it up in his mouth and carried it back to the living thing. He nudge it's legs and dropped the plant, wagging his tail.

@slyriolu

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 16 January 2017 at 9:55 PM

Zura had already made a thing to fix the burns but saw the wolf was ok. "Oh your ok... Well I'm keeping this if I get blasted by a flamethrower again." Not expecting the wolf to understand him.
It was strange to him this wolf was acting more like a loyal dog then anything. He didn't see any calor though. He just brushed that up put a cap on the vial and put it into his small device. It was a thing he made he was interested what plants could do he sometimes fantasies a way to make plants get extremely attracted to one thing and grow around it. That could be great for cover.
@ammolite

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 17 January 2017 at 3:25 AM

@slyriolu @ammolite
(mimo in hasmip language is hour)

"Ambassador means no breaks at all, except on holidays. In fact, I only get one mimo of sleep everyday!" Nue replied. "And yes, I'm fine." She spoke with sarcasm in her tone.
"And for one," she continued, "I don't believe there's any native life on this planet."
~~~
Nonomy grinned, knowing that the colonization will end smoothly, with no enemies to attack out of the blue, or no native animals that could be dislocated. She went inside her spaceship, just to do one more quick scan of the wildlife on the planet when she saw a hasmip on the radar. A sentient one.
"What... Hasmips... On this planet?!" She was upset. When a Hasmip looked at a Nebularan the wrong way, war occured which died out due to the both sides lacking any more interest in trying to attack each other. Hasmips forgot, yet the Nebularans remembered.
"Of course. That Hasmip is looking for their missing member. Im surprised that they are still looking and refused to give up after years of retreat and neutrality." Nonomy muttered, before beaming down.
"Stop colonization process!" She boomed. "There's a hasmip on this planet. Get them to me right now. I want answers from them."
The soldiers then rushed out into the wilderness, attempting to find Nue.
~~~
"Not that I know any native creatures, of course..." Nue said, before she stopped talking.
~~~
Lue woke up inside a Nebularan spaceship. His head hurts, and all he could think about is the amount of times that Nebularans had insulted him, drove him mad, and made him feel empty.
Trying to move and failing, he could feel a cable-like strand wrapped around him, and he was unable to move. Every time he tried to escape, he was caught and punished severely. Lue gave up escaping, but something felt odd. He felt a familar essence around the area, as if he found a long lost bind.
Trying to remember, he felt as if it was useless to do so, as all of his memories are replaced with torment, but it felt like it was calling him to go to the essence.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 17 January 2017 at 3:55 PM

@nightmaremoon12 @slyriolu @ammolite

Midnight felt the cold wind blow through her long hair. This may be the last time she saw her home planet. She crept towards the high king of dragon's den. She was the only partly human member of the clan. Her mother was a human but was killed by the water dragons, their enemy clan. Midnight walked into the high king's cave "Father?" She spoke. As her father was the king of the planet it made her the princess. "Come closer." The king spoke in a deep voice. She stepped closer. "You look beautiful... So like your mother..." he sighed. Midnight could tell he had a tear in his eye. "Do you have to go?" He continued. Midnight sighed. She didn't want to go. "It's what the prophecy dragons told me. And they're never wrong." Midnight said confidently. But we're they always right? She wasn't so sure anymore. "I'll miss you... Promise me you will be careful and come visit." He said sadly. "Father, I promise." Midnight said while hugging him tightly. "I'll see you when I see you my girl" he smiled, patting her on the back.

An hour later she was out in space. She put auto pilot on while she listened to music. Seconds later the ship crashed into an asteroid. The ship hurtled down onto a desert planet with a large bang. Midnight jumped out and flew before doing a flip in the air and landing.

(Midnight fell more gracefully than Lizra XD @nightmaremoon12 )

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 18 January 2017 at 6:55 PM

@emeraldstar @nightmaremoon12 @slyriolu @ammolite

Muse furrowed her brow at the scene occurring before her. A cold worm of worry worked its way into their belly as they spotted the wolf.

She paused for a moment shocked at the current spectacle before her. She waited a few moments longer before she turned and slipped away to warn her friends of what was currently happening.

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 18 January 2017 at 7:08 PM

@thebrokenvine
@nightmaremoon12
@ammolite
@emeraldstar
Zura heard a nearby noise he pulled out his automatic crossbow the arrows slathered in a poision made by plants he raised at their base. It's why the arrows are kept in a a case.

"Show yourself now or I'll shoot." Zura lied just wanting to see who was their. He pulled out his device (it was a research/sample taker tool) to see if he could detect it. It failed him it must have escaped.
"Are you still here?" He asked not expecting a reply.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 19 January 2017 at 1:07 AM

@thebrokenvibe @slyriolu @emeraldstar

Eventually a plasma orb shot Nue's wings. She attempted to fly away, but she couldn't move away.
"Shoot."
Eventually she heard the sound of charging weapons surrounding her.
"Shoot!"
~~~
"All guns locked at Hasmip." A guard said to Nonomy via radio.

"Great," said Nonomy, "now what are you waiting for, Nebula Day?! Fire!"
Eventually, shots of energy were shot at Nue's direction.

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 19 January 2017 at 6:21 AM

Zura was in his warframe he heard the faint sounds of weapons charging he used a tailwind at the direction of his new allie to knock he away from the shots. He was running low on energy and no pads to refill it. He stood up "Ok im funning out of energy so all of you need to share." Zura joked having his raiper (it looks like a sword raiper hybrid.) aimed at them. He didnt have anymore tricks on him only about one ability left and a vile of liquid that treats burns.
"So can I have some or do I just have to kill some of you for it? Im fine with ethier ones." He added
@thebrokenvibe
@emeraldstar
@thebrokenvibe

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 19 January 2017 at 3:00 PM

@slyriolu @nightmaremoon12 @thebrokenvibe

Midnight heard Zura tell her to come out. Why should she? She held out her daggers. ''Who's there?'' she called.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 19 January 2017 at 4:23 PM

@emeraldstar @slyriolu @thebrokenvibe
(I thought the planet was a jungle.)

The Nebularan guards ignored Zura's request, while a single soldier shot a single paralyzing energy shot towards Nue.

"Wait, those are-!" Nue exclaimed, before an energy shot attacked her body, rendering her paralyzed. "Gah!" She fell on the ground, unable to move.

"Hasmip has been paralyzed. Ready to bring them to you." A guard had said.

Nonomy smirked. "Excellent. Bring them to me."

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 19 January 2017 at 4:36 PM

Zura was about to lunge and swing his rapier/sword hybrid at them. Then thought of the paralyzed body "Well everyone look up your stings are going to be cut and I wana see your reactions!" He commanded springing into the air spraying clips of his arrows (It was similar to a signature/finisher I guess character development.) at the guards hopping they didn't have very good reaction time he didn't want to be near those guns at point blank range.
@nightmaremoon12
@emeraldstar
@thebrokenvibe

1,853 posts

purgatory • 19 January 2017 at 5:40 PM

Jason dissapeared into the bushes. He transformed into a human again, then bandaged his burnt hand. He prefered to transform in secret because he doesn't want anyone to know that he can transform into a wolf.

He silently watched the commotion. He tried speaking in the earpiece but found out that it was gone. "Ughh... boss would be so mad.." He muttered. He spotted the earpiece over by the bushes where he had crash landed. Jason had two choices, To either get fired or try to get the earpice by walking through the attacks. He chosed the last choice.

@thebrokenvine
@nightmaremoon12
@slyriolu
@emeraldstar

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 19 January 2017 at 7:24 PM

@ammolite @slyriolu @nightmaremoon12 @emeraldstar

Muse cursed as she heard a commotion behind her. She turned back, scowling as she spotted what she had learned was called a Hasmip, fall down. Stunned most likely.

Quickly they skidded down towards the commotion. Taking in exactly what was happening Muse quickly summoned up a thick cloud of fake mist to surround the Hasmip. She quickly jumped over to them, knowing it was best to keep those who wanted the Hasmip captured away from the prone figure.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 20 January 2017 at 12:32 AM

@thebrokenvibe @ammolite @slyriolu (Some Nebularan stuff will be introduced here. They all come from my writing of them.)

"Lady Nonomy, the Hasmip disappeared, and-" The guard said, before being interrupted by an arrow, and had all communication cut off.

"Rezan? Rezan!" Nonomy yelled, before she yelled out. "Dang it! She's dead!" She threw her headset aside, and exited her spaceship.
"If you want a job done right..." Nonomy grabbed her weaponry and an energy rifle. "... You're going to have to do it yourself." She said, before running towards the jungle's mazelike trees and finding the strife.
"I'll find that fight quickly. Besides, when we die..."

From where Rezan had died from a quick arrow shot, she had created a large explosion. What remained was a glowing orb that is like a neutron star. It slowly flickered like a heartbeat, before slowing down and stopping completely.

Nonomy didn't see anything as she got closer. All she saw was mist and nothing more.
"Grr! Looks like I'm not going to get them that easily." She charged her energy rifle, before shooting it at point blank range.