Plushies

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Would You Want Egg Cave to Have Plushies?

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 January 2017 at 12:54 PM

So this has less to do with the site itself, but I've been wanting to make this suggestion for a while (sorry if someone else already has). I think plushies would be a really great thing to put out there. Maybe release a small handful of creatures at a time and see how they do? I know that it can be expensive to produce a plush, but who wouldn't want a cuddly Ami of their own?

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 19 January 2017 at 1:31 PM

I agree with that 😋

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 January 2017 at 1:37 PM

@flowerlynx
I'm so glad! Are there any particular creatures you would want in plushy form?

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 19 January 2017 at 1:43 PM

I would probably want...
Cats, Dogs, Raccoons, Giraffes, Dinos, and Zebras. 😋
Those are some of the animals I feel like would make good plushies.
@icedmagma

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 January 2017 at 1:57 PM

@flowerlynx
I didn't even know we had giraffe based creatures lol! But I definitely agree with the dog, cat, and dino based creatures

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 19 January 2017 at 8:36 PM

It might be cool if they were the size it says in the archives and feels like it would in Ark. e.g. A Phtali plush would feel scaly like in the description and also being 1.20 m long like in the archives and the creatures could be life sized

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 January 2017 at 8:59 PM

@naturegirl1999
That would be so cool! I also think doing plushies would be good for people who won't necessarily buy CC, but would be more willing to buy something physical like a clay figure or something along those lines

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 20 January 2017 at 2:53 PM

I'd love to have a EggCave creature in my room! 😊

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 7:30 PM

@icedmagma
Following what you and flowerlynx have been saying, yeah! Egg Cave should have some physical items! Creeature guide! Tips! Real life plushies!

Also, Egg Cave should make some things for creatures that don't already have an item. The Hinonia doesn't have ANYTHING designed after it, whereas the Octin has a teddy bear, mug (i think), tome...... cupcake..... why leave other creatures out? 😱

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 February 2017 at 8:13 PM

@skyfall4
Or even T-shirts! But if you can't tell, my personal weakness is plushies 😉
And I do also agree with having items for creatures that don't have one yet in the game itself.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 8:14 PM

@icedmagma
Totally..... Or a cap with Capyre horns on it!

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 February 2017 at 8:22 PM

@skyfall4
Exactly. Some kind of merchandise shop. I think it could be a really great opportunity to tap into the whole market of people who play online games and collect merchandise for those games.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 8:25 PM

@icedmagma
Yeah! Maybe some real life stores here and there in the world.... Egg Cave would definitely be popular then! Some people have never heard of this game, so that sort of merchandise to than would be really cute! ^^

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 February 2017 at 8:30 PM

@skyfall4
And maybe I'm just crazy with this one, but it could even be a way to recirculate extinct/retired species. Release a limited amount of that species, get a code with the plushie/figurine, input the code into EggCave, and get one for your cove. I know recirculation is a really touchy subject, but I think it could be an idea for doing it in a more controlled way, since only so many will be released.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 8:32 PM

@icedmagma
Yes! But obviously, to get those codes, they have to be around the price of 💵 since, well, they're retired and rare!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 19 February 2017 at 8:36 PM

@skyfall4

Well, I would think that the plushies would be priced higher than CC since they are actual things and have to be made, shipped, etc. CC is only a digital number on your screen.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 8:37 PM

@degong
Good point..... yeah, they should! Especially since they're real life things, and cost real money to make, to yes. I agree!

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 February 2017 at 8:39 PM

@skyfall4
I think that would depend, because you can get CC in the CSP for as low as $5. I'm sure EggCave would know a good value to price them at lol XD

@degong
Exactly

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 19 February 2017 at 8:40 PM

@skyfall4

I wonder what the plushies would be made off of? Ian would probably have to figure which creatures are the most popular but wouldn't effect the re-circulation that much.

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 February 2017 at 8:43 PM

@degong
This is just my opinion, but all plushies should be soft, whatever they're made of lol XD

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 8:46 PM

@degong @icedmagma
The Tervita would attract some attention, maybe the Feep!

Well, some cc is sold for $5, so $5 items could be some small items worth $5 (can't think of any for some reason 😋) and probably wouldn't have a recirculation. For any $45 items, equal to 5000 cc, should be a big item and give an old creature recircutlation, but probably not too old otherwise that creature loses it's value.

Or, there could be a rack where you could purchase codes to buy old critters! That rack could be dedicated to selling codes only.

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 19 February 2017 at 8:49 PM

@skyfall4

While I agree with all of that, I would think that the plushies / codes would be purchasable online. Stores are pretty competitive, and I'm not sure if a small website like Eggcave could afford stocking items in stores.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 8:50 PM

@degong
I suppose. If it we're to be online, they should add a small tab in the Egg Cave website where you can purchase the items, so it's easier to find!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 19 February 2017 at 8:54 PM

@skyfall4

It could be part of the Cash Shop labeled differently?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 8:56 PM

@degong
Well, the Cash Shop uses cc to buy things, whereas the other one will use real money. It could be, though new users probably won't find it right away if they join after this (if it will) is created..... but yeah, it could go under the cash shop tab

Deleted • 28 February 2017 at 11:39 PM

Yes! I would love to have a little Eggcave creature sitting on my bed! Especially the bunny based ones 😋

Female
170 posts

nboez • 1 March 2017 at 2:52 AM

@icedmagma
OMG.... I would die for real life (maybe even life size) Egg Cave creature. I really hope that there could be evolutions... E.g Ami Stage 4 life size plushie... I would literally die for cute critters...

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 1 March 2017 at 7:46 AM

@nboez
I think all sizes would be awesome! Life size, minis, medium, make them all!

Female
313 posts

playdate • 1 March 2017 at 9:21 AM

A horsca or a valenquine or nulli or a serina

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 1 March 2017 at 9:35 AM

@playdate
Any of those would be amazing!!