Male
8 posts

violetflare31 • 27 January 2017 at 11:31 PM

Hi! I'm VioletFlare. I found Egg Cave through a game called PokeFarm Q.

I'm a FtM gay transguy that loves animals and mythological creatures. I love Pokémon and anime. I love drawing and looking at other's art, so feel free to show me your art! I'm always open to critique your work of you wish!

I have a few things that may cause me to not reply to things quickly. I have austism, depression, anxiety, ptsd and adhd. I also have school and a slight social life, which may cause me to be away for anywhere between 8-12 hours at a time, but no longer than that.

But anyways, feel free to say hi or conversate! I'm always open to new friends and aqentences!

Male
7 posts

smolcactuschild • 27 January 2017 at 11:43 PM

Hello, welcome to Eggcave! I play Pokefarm Q too 😸!

Female
3,757 posts

sparklefox • 28 January 2017 at 7:10 AM

@violetflare31 - Welcome to Egg Cave! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

If you are replying to someone, you should ping them. Otherwise, they won't know that you've done so. To ping someone, either click the bell icon under their username in the forums, or type an @ followed by their username (e.g. @sparklefox ). You can only ping up to five people per post.

Checking out the Forum Rules and the Site Guidelines would be an easy way to start. Other useful links are the FAQ and eCode.

A common mistake from newbies is that they'll ping and reply to people using their own wall. Pinging does not work out of forums and the blog, and to reply to people's comments you go to their wall instead.

I apologise if you knew any of the above information already.

Another PFQ player here.

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 28 January 2017 at 8:35 AM

@violetflare31
Egg Cave is a fun adoptables web site where you can adopt creatures, share them, take care of them, and make new friends. Mainly, you can collect and raise over 500 different creatures. You can get creatures daily at the cave. Creatures can die if you don’t feed them but, they will turn immortal at level 2000+, meaning they will not die. You can level up and grow creatures by getting them views, clicks and feeds. Feeding creatures is the most effective way to gain EC or eggcoins (the site’s currency). You can use EC to buy creatures, items and backgrounds called travels.

Words to know:
UFT: Up for Trade
NFT: Not for Trade
TNT: Transfer not Trade (do not offer)
UFA: Up for Auction or Up for Adoption
EC: Egg Coins (Currency - free)
CC: Cave Cash (Currency - costs real money)
CSP: Cash Shop Park Creature
TA: Travel Agency
PM: Private Message

When starting to trade, make sure you read peoples’ profiles and the creature profiles before asking them if something is UFT. I recommend learning how much a creature or item is worth before trying to trade for it.

How to feed quickly:
Follow these steps:
1) Ctrl+click all the eggs
2) Click the first tab
3) Feed the egg
4) Hit ctrl+w
5) Keep your mouse in the same place (food) and continue clicking then ctrl+w

To get started, I would check out the Help & FAQ section at http://eggcave.com/explore/faq
Rules can be found here: http://eggcave.com/guidelines

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Make sure you reply to people by clicking the bell or putting an @ symbol in front of their name so they get a notification called a ping. You can practice pinging me.

Have a great time on Egg Cave!
-Promise

Male
8 posts

violetflare31 • 28 January 2017 at 9:51 AM

@smolcactuschild
That's awesome! Could you possibly send me your PFQ name?

@sparklefox
Thank you for the advise! I wonder if I've seen you around Pokefarm! Mind sending me your name as well?

@promise
Thank you for all of the advise as well. I will make sure to use the quick feeding tricks as soon as I get a chance! Most of the terms I already knew, for the fact that I'm always on Pokefarm

Female
3,757 posts

sparklefox • 28 January 2017 at 9:52 AM

@violetflare31 - I wouldn't mind at all. My username is Amure.

Male
8 posts

violetflare31 • 28 January 2017 at 9:55 AM

@sparklefox
I'm pretty sure I've seen you around! My username is the same as it is on here

Female
3,757 posts

sparklefox • 28 January 2017 at 9:56 AM

@violetflare31 - You have? Huh. Small world it is. Thanks, by the way! I'll be sure to check your profile out later.

Male
8 posts

violetflare31 • 28 January 2017 at 9:59 AM

@sparklefox
I just spend a lot of time on it! I'm pretty much always active unless I'm asleep or out of the house. And you're welcome!

Male
7 posts

smolcactuschild • 28 January 2017 at 9:31 PM

It's Smolgreentea (Sorry for the late reply! I forget about this!)

Female
70 posts

doobopper • 30 January 2017 at 9:28 AM

Welcome!

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 2 February 2017 at 6:49 PM

@violetflare31

Welcome to eggcave hope you enjoy it here! I'll be sending you some gifts!

Male
8 posts

violetflare31 • 2 February 2017 at 7:58 PM

@chloelove
Ahhhh thank you so much, I have gotten so many gifts from people on here, I feel so welcomed ❤

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 2 February 2017 at 7:59 PM

@violetflare31

Your Welcome glad that you like it!😊

Male
8 posts

violetflare31 • 2 February 2017 at 8:18 PM

@chloelove
Honestly, I feel so spoiled and I feel bad that I'm unable to give something back!

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 2 February 2017 at 8:27 PM

@violetflare31

Don't feel bad ppl have lots of items in their inventory that includes extras that they don't use, so if they're not using them and clearing their inventory out they'd rather give them away then to just have clutter. And if you do feel like sending back you just have to do feeds to make ec then you can buy items from the shop and send them to whomeverz.

Male
8 posts

violetflare31 • 2 February 2017 at 9:32 PM

@chloelove
I got some pretty good stuff by someone on here, like I felt so bad because these items are labeled virtually unobtainable, like... idk how things work on here with items??

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 2 February 2017 at 9:37 PM

@violetflare31

Well you can use all of the items on your creatures, like feeding it the food items, reading books and putting travels on them. It's all meant to spoil your pet really. Some items are labeled unobtainable yes and that's only cause you'll rarely see it being sold in the shop so it's not like a common item that you can find every day. You can either use the items on your pet or you can just collect the items for yourself many collectors out there that just collect certain items. Like my inventory is filled with travels and items so it takes me a while to even go thru all the pages. LOL

Male
8 posts

violetflare31 • 2 February 2017 at 9:48 PM

@chloelove
oOHHHHH okay! Thank you so much! I was so confused on what they were for!

Female
4 posts

foxhaven • 2 February 2017 at 10:17 PM

Welcome! I'm new too!

Deleted • 3 February 2017 at 10:38 AM

Hello! I'm rather new myself.

Deleted • 5 February 2017 at 11:00 AM

@violetflare31

Eyo! 😊
Welcome to Egg Cave! I'm doyoueverwonder, or Wonder for short. Here are some places you might be visiting often.

The Cave: All hail the mighty cave of eggs. This is where you can get eggs for your cove. The max attempts a day is 10, then you'll have to wait between 5-30 minutes for another attempt.

The Archives: The archives are where you can learn about every single creature, to when they were available, to how rare they were.

Ark City: Ark City is a place where you can buy items for your creatures such as travels, food items, and cash shop park creatures. There is also a SAR (science and research) center, where you can donate money to help the scientists discover new creatures that you can buy in the creature labs.

Useful Information:

eCode Guide is a guide where you can learn how to make colored text, bold text, and emojiis. You can also learn how to ping people.

Pinging people is fairly simple, and can only be used in the forums or site blog. Just do an @ sign and their username after that sign. Or you could just press the little bell under who you want to ping.

Tim's Food Shoppe is a place where you can book your creatures so they can be fed while you're away.

IMPORTANT: Eggs can die, so make sure you try and feed them every day to keep up their happiness.

Your creatures go through different stages of life, depending on how many views, clicks, and feeds they have. You can also feed other people's creatures to gain EC (egg coins).

Ian is the creator of this game and has a team of mods that help keep the peace around Egg Cave. They are also hiring artists to help with drawing and there will occasionally be open spots for mods.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, or someone else on Egg Cave. Don't forget you can also submit a ticket if you want to get it answered by a mod. That's it for now, have a great time on Egg Cave. I promise you will. 😸

Peace out!

-Wonder ❤️