Bring back Poppy Plains for Valentine's Day!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 1 February 2017 at 8:05 PM

Hi, fellow egg cavers! 😸

Once upon a time (back in 2011-2012) I created a few travels for Egg Cave. Most of you are probably familiar with the Kinump Patch and Haunted Woods. Those are my creations. 😊

I also created a travel called Poppy Plains for Valentine's Day.
It was a common travel in the Travel Agency. Rarity 70. Not very expensive.
It was retired in 2014 and has not been seen since.

If you don't know what Poppy Plains look like you can either check www.eggcavity.com or use this link to see my original suggestion image: http://tinyurl.com/6p9xvj2

My idea and wish is that Egg Cave make Poppy Plains available again, but as an event travel you can buy for the chocolate you get in the Chocotravanganza this year (and the upcoming years, of course).
It would be a seasonal travel. Very much the same as with my Halloween travels.

This topic is very important to me. Why?
Well, because whenever someone mentions Poppy Plains to me (or I mention it to someone around here) people say that they like it - even love it - and want it back very much.
And I sorely want it back too! ❤️ 😃 ❤️

Since I'm its creator I hope my opinion counts for something, but I truly appreciate all support I can get on this topic.
Please spread the word!
It is a versatile travel that looks great on many creatures which makes it worth fighting for and bringing back. 😊

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ #BringBackPoppyPlains ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

--
@anthesia @asi @elluwah @mairbear @raccoon

You guys convinced me this is a good idea. Thank you! ❤️

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 1 February 2017 at 8:06 PM

@silverserpent
Please!

Deleted • 1 February 2017 at 8:07 PM

@Silverserpent yessssss ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

EDIT: Imma go sleep now so night ❤️ c:

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 1 February 2017 at 8:10 PM

@fakeworld

Thank you! 😃

@anthesia

Haha, I'm exhausted after creating this topic. So many emotions! 😊
I'm going to sleep too. Good night! 😸 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️❤️

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 1 February 2017 at 8:28 PM

@silverserpent
Yes!
#BringBackPoppyPlains

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 1 February 2017 at 8:54 PM

Wait, Poppy Plains is a RETIRED travel?? yikes, I REALLY haven't been on here for a while :'D I have like 6 of them!

But yes, I agree, we should bring the travel back!! It's such a pretty travel and it'd be a shame not to bring it back, or at least give it as some Valentine's Day gift.

@silverserpent

#BringBackPoppyPlains

Female
2,915 posts

mairbear • 1 February 2017 at 9:52 PM

@silverserpent

I support this 110% 😃
#BringBackPoppyPlains

@element
@april__

Perhaps you guys would be interested in this cause? X3

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 1 February 2017 at 10:22 PM

@silverserpent

@Ian This is an awesome idea!!! ♡♡♡♡

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 2 February 2017 at 12:17 AM

@silverserpent
#BringBackPoppyPlains

I was actually thinking about how much I wanted a Poppy Plains just yesterday, so I'm super excited that you made this topic and that so many other people share my view! It's my #1 favorite travel, and I was really disappointed when it was retired. I definitely agree that it's worth fighting for and bringing back.

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 2 February 2017 at 6:34 AM

I want pink picnic to come back, too...

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 2 February 2017 at 8:39 AM

@flowerlynx @momokie
Thanks guys! That means a lot! 😊 ❤️

@mairbear
And thanks for pinging people! ❤️
I'm always very unsure if it's okay to ping people or not. xD

@chapus2009
Haha, thanks! I have a few in storage too. Saving them for special occasions and always trying to find new ones in trades. They're not that easy to find though. I think it's time it makes a comeback. *fingers crossed* x)

@ladybugheart
Wow, your #1 favourite travel? I'm so happy you think so!! 😱 😃 ❤️

I was disappointed too when it was retired. ☹️
Kinump Patch and Haunted Woods were retired too, which at first felt horrible, but then they were brought back as event travels which I find pretty neat so I always thought: Why not Poppy Plains? 😋
It was a Valentine's Day travel after all. Even has a heart in it! Although it's kind of small. I wanted it to be subtle, but I'm unsure if anyone even noticed it. x)

@element
Won't Pink Picnic be available in the Chocolate prize shop? Like what I want to happen with Poppy Plains.
I'm unsure though. I missed Valentine's day last year. <.<

Female
334 posts

schelke • 2 February 2017 at 9:24 AM

@silverserpent
poppy plains is my favorite travel!! ❤️
When I started to play active they took that travel away.

I hope they get it back! I love all your travels btw.
Are you still making new ones? 😸

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 2 February 2017 at 9:43 AM

@schelke

Aww, thank you so much! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I haven't made any travels since back then. Not really sure why I stopped, to be honest. 8/

But I get so much positive feedback on those three travels nowadays that I'm beginning to feel inspired to make more. 😃
I'm starting to think I should send in an application to become a travel artist, maybe. It would be a fun side-kick job. The idea is growing on me. 😊
(Applications for jobs always make me nervous as #%!"& though.) xD

If I started making travels again I think I'd like to make more landscapes. I like the idea of making little magical places from Ark and naming them. Travels like that are my own personal favs. Like Goldentree Meadows, Seamer City and Ajani Asteroid. 😸

Female
334 posts

schelke • 2 February 2017 at 9:48 AM

@silverserpent
Ahw nice! I would support you with many others if you're thinking about becoming a travel artist again! ❤️

Female
1,571 posts

rileytibbles • 2 February 2017 at 10:34 AM

@silverserpent

I soooo want it back! I love poppies and the travel is so pretty ❤️

It's definitely one of my favorite travels

I really hope they decide to bring it back so I can get like 10 of them!

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 2 February 2017 at 12:42 PM

@schelke

I was never an official artist. I just did it for fun and for free because back then there were zero Halloween travels and I think everything for Valentine's day was pink. I wanted something red to balance things out. 8D

Thanks though. I'm seriously considering it! 😸 ❤️

@rileytibbles
Yay, I love poppies too! (Can't wait for summer!) 😊
I'm happy you support this as well. Thank you! 😃

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 2 February 2017 at 12:49 PM

@silverserpent

Yes yes yes!!

I joined after it retired so I never had a chance to stockpile a few of them, they're crazy expensive to buy from other players, and thats even if you can find some for sale!

I would LOVE to see it return!!

Female
533 posts

shale • 2 February 2017 at 12:59 PM

@silverserpent

I support this.
I had no idea it was even retired so this is newly devastating for me lol

But yeah, its a wonderful travel and you are a wonderful artist even if you aren't making travels anymore, so I really hope they bring it back!

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 2 February 2017 at 3:04 PM

@raccoon

Thank you! 😃
I managed to find some uft about a week ago. 120k EC each. I thought that was sort of cheap. Says is all... 8P

@shale

Aww, I'm sorry I had to break it to you this way. I was devastated back then too. (Still am...) xD

And truly thank you for your kind words and support! ❤️

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 2 February 2017 at 3:28 PM

@silverserpent

I 100% support you in becoming a travel artist! ❤️ I would love to see more travels from you, not to mention that you definitely deserve to be paid for your amazing work. It also sounds super fun! I really like your landscape idea, and I'd love to have more travels like those. 😊

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 2 February 2017 at 9:14 PM

@silverserpent

If it's possible that they could bring it back even just for the holiday then I support you. I still support you as an artist for creating travels, the poppy plains to me is a very pretty travel I love the colors and you can match it up with any creature on here would make it look very nice!

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 2 February 2017 at 9:20 PM

@ladybugheart
Oh, fingers crossed that this turns out well. Then I'll feel very motivated to apply. *excited* x)

I love flowers so I'd really like to make more flower travels. Ones that aren't completely covered by the critters, and such. 😸

@chloelove
Thank you soooo much! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 😃

349 posts

monsterprincess33 • 2 February 2017 at 9:25 PM

@silverserpent

I think it is a wonderful idea to bring back the Poppy Plains and for you to consider creating a new one.

=)

You go!

169 posts

hydradrakon • 2 February 2017 at 9:33 PM

@silverserpent Quick Question but wasn't SoB also retired and came back for some plot or somethin

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 3 February 2017 at 10:10 AM

@monsterprincess33

Thank you! 😃 ❤️

@hydradrakon

I just know that it was retired. I don't remember it being brought back, but maybe it was? 😱

Poppy Plains has never been seen since it's retirement at least. Do you think it would be a good idea to get it back for Valentine's Day? 😊

---
@dafni @thursdays_dove @333 @mrsgiggles @_black3333_
@jellifysh @lbowe_elbow @immortalraven @lykhaos117

Shamelessly going to ping some nice people to keep this topic alive and well. I hope you'll find this worth supporting, guys! *fingers crossed* 😊

And sorry if you dislike pings! If you yell some at me I'll send a treat as an apology. 😋 ❤️ ❤️
(Or just poke me gently and I'll send one anyway.) 😉

Female
738 posts

dafni • 3 February 2017 at 10:19 AM

@silverserpent

Poppy Plains and Egg Patch were my two favourite travels when I joined the site back in 2013. Honestly with all the bad old ones there are still around, I will be super happy to have them back.
Yes, they definitely be seasonal travels, one for Valentine and one for Easter, it would awesome!

169 posts

hydradrakon • 3 February 2017 at 10:29 AM

@silverserpent oh my god I just saw it and it is Legend o-o

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 3 February 2017 at 2:24 PM

@silverserpent - It's such a beautiful travel. I'd love to see it return, even if it was for an event. I fully support this idea.

Female
337 posts

bingo • 3 February 2017 at 3:18 PM

@silverserpent What a fantastic idea! Poppy Plains is one of my favorite travels and unfortunately I joined long after they retired, so I've never got my hands on one! If EggCave turned it into a Chocolate Extravaganza event I'd be chocolate hunting like crazy to get some!

So nice to meet a fellow artist too, I've always loved that travel. ^-^

Deleted • 3 February 2017 at 3:28 PM

@silverserpent

Okay so first off, no idea you created it. I love it ;v;

I only use a handful of travels myself (Kinump Patch, SoB, Constellations and Heaven's Gate) but I appreciate its beauty and am no fan of retiring travels forever so I say yea, bring it back!