The Never-Ending Night {Semi-Literate RP Sign-Ups}

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 6 February 2017 at 3:08 AM

{Intro}

Old legends told to the children of Akathen tell of the rise of magic on the eternal night. Of how the sun will never rise again, and how the weak shall fall to the hands of the Forsaken, monstrous beasts of shadow, cast out of our world by the Sun's light. It is said that the moon will never set until the last of the Forsaken have fallen and that under the moons gentle embrace the magic will return, and every creature will return to their natural state.

Of course legends are simply legends. Until of course, they become reality.

When the days of Akathen become shorter and the nights longer you begin to notice a change in your reflection, a subtle alteration in your shadow, an unusual difference in other out of the corner of your eye. It won't be long until the eternal night befalls if legend is to be believed. And from there everything will change.

{Rules}

- No sue's, god-modding, or powerplaying
- There is a difference between weakness and limitation. Weakness is like the silver to the werewolf, the iron to the fairy and so forth, limitations are self explanatory they're the extent of one's power. Not every power has a limit if it is something such as a way to speak or an interaction limited to one other, but general powers that can affect and/or come in contact with others need them
- Keep genders even, I'll stop accepting if things aren't even
- Humanoid magical beings are humans before the eternal night and everything else is an animal. Once the night begins they take on their real form
- The technology in this world is the same as semi-medieval times. There's no electricity, but there are weapons and such
- Be as literate as possible and post three or more sentences per post at least. Although more is always preferred
- Abide to the site rules.
- Rick roll me in the other section along with giving me any extra info that didn't have a section. I won't be putting this in my first forms. But will include them in all I post after this
- Break any rule during the to and I will warn you once and only once. If you break it again you're booted no excuses.
- Mind reading, omni powers, shapeshifting into more than one thing, control of others, invisibility and time manipulation are not powers that can be used. I won't accept characters that have these
- You're not allowed to kill other characters. Harming them is fine but do not kill. If they decide to die on their own accord that's fine. But you cannot physically kill them
- Keep drama to a minimum, so no obsessive yelling and getting mad at others for little reason, and don't use major plots or major changes without my permission
- Keep others involved, don't ignore someone and don't get too far ahead without others posting
- Weapons are received before the night begins, but may be changed after the night starts
- Forsaken are powerful creatures attacking at random and cannot be taken on alone. I will script when a Forsaken attacks and will state if they run off or are killed/have injured the one attacked
- Please give me your characters zodiac sign[Chinese, Western, Celtic it doesn't matter] in code of you understand the rules

{Form}

Name:
Pre-Night Looks:
True Species:
Post-Night Looks:
Powers:
Weaknesses:
Limitations:
Clothing:
Weapon:
Other:
Code:

{My Forms}

Name: Eon Matrin
Pre-Night Looks: Eon is a man of short stature, he has messy and short dark brown almost black hair. His eyes are a calm green color.
True Species: Elven Dragon Lord
Post-Night Looks: Much the same, but his eyes are a sharp, jade green and his ears are steeply pointed. He has a more elfish look to him as well, almost seeming to glow.
Powers: Communication with dragons, magic, increased agility and litheness, the ability to join with his bonded dragon Lethe to form the hybrid Lethon.
Weaknesses: Like most other Elves of his strain he is very weak towards steel
Limitations: His magic usage requires a staff to channel.
Clothing: Eon wears a hooded sleeveless tunic shirt over a chainmail vest. He wears brown pants and boots, as well as having a knapsack used to carry his things and carries around a walking stick that turns into his staff upon the arrival of the Night. He has two back sheathed for his twin swords and holds them there as well.
Weapon: His staff/walking stick and two short swords.
Other: Lethe in Pre-Night is owned by Eon. Eon is also close friends with Muse and her crew.
Code: Year of the Dragon

Name: Lupercal/Lethe
Pre-Night Looks: Lupercal looks like a large gray mastiff with blue eyes.
True Species: Dragon
Post-Night Looks: A large beast, about the size of a car excluding his tail with a massive wingspan of 75 feet. His tail is very long, stretching maybe ten feet behind him, ending in a leaf shaped fin. Lethe is silvery-gray in coloration, with a dark violet underbelly and underneath his wings. There are a few ridged fins running along his back, starting just off center from his back and spreading down to halfway down his tail, and arranging themselves in an almost crown on his head. He has two sets of solid colored light purple eyes that are slit pupiled. All of his fins are the same violet at his belly and wings. He has two sets of razor sharp teeth and a purple tinted white tongue. He has thick legs ending in black claws and paws similar to a felines with black paw pads. He is able to greatly express with his mouth, in an almost human like fashion.
Powers: Lethe is able to fly and carry others in flight, Lethe can communicate with other animals, he can breathe fire and ice and lightning, can open wormholes when flying to travel quickly and is able to join with Eon to form a hybrid creature.
Weaknesses: Ebony can be used to bind him as can iron.
Limitations: Lethe can only carry 300 pounds when flying, wormholes can only be opened in areas where the magic is malleable and once Lethe has achieved a high enough speed, his breath powers work for as much air as he has in his body and sap at his magic which needs to recharge if used too often
Clothing: As Lupercal he wears a black collar, as Lethe he wears a black scarf around his neck.
Weapon: He doesn't have thumbs. So he uses his claws, teeth and magic.
Other: Lupercal is owned by Eon but after the Night starts Lethe is not owned anymore.
Code: Leo

[It's late so I'm posting the rest of my forms as I make more posts referring to other characters.]

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 12 February 2017 at 7:38 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Could you reserve a spot for me? I'll post my form either tonight or tomorrow.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 12 February 2017 at 7:39 PM

@leafdapple769 Sure thing

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 12 February 2017 at 7:42 PM

@thebrokenvibe Oh my gosh could you reserve me one too? I'll post tonight or tomorrow. This sounds great!