Games Possibly?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Should There be Games?

Female
5 posts

thefemdoc • 8 February 2017 at 4:45 PM

I don't know if this has been talked about already, or if there is already minigames(if so just ignore this,) but some games where you could win prizes or EC would be cool to have. Maybe a adventure game, memory game, match-3, or even all three. If there is a discussion about this, can you tell me the title please? Thanks, and have a good day! 😊

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 8 February 2017 at 5:04 PM

@thefemdoc

There are a few games on Eggcave already, actually. There is Alkub Racing, Site Trivia, and Wall of Sandrodons.

For Alkub Racing, you choose an Alkub listed on the page and wait for the day to be over to see if you were right! For Site Trivia, you answer the daily question and wait for the day to be over to see if you right. For both of these games you can win 10,000 EC.

For the Wall of Sandrodons, you guess how many Sandrodons are on the wall (0-100) and wait until the end of the day to see if you were right. For that, you can win 10,000 EC and a prize (listed on the page).

-

Ian and his team also work hard on special events that pop up around Eggcave. For example there are seasonal events (like the Chocotravaganza Exchange in February) and a few special ones. Like for example, last year everyone got to fight, with their creatures, against the Queen of the Pareteorsites (it was amazing!). During these special/seasonal events, you can win prizes like creatures, travels, and more depending on the events. 😊

-

Hope that helps! πŸ˜ƒ

Female
5 posts

thefemdoc • 10 February 2017 at 9:56 AM

Ah I see, thank you for telling me that! I have jut joined so I am still learning the ropes around here.

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 10 February 2017 at 10:26 AM

@thefemdoc

Of course, just ask if the need be, from me or anyone else. 😊

Female
137 posts

vos • 10 February 2017 at 11:24 AM

Alkub racing is hardly a game. It's betting, relies on luck alone and I think it should be scrapped. It primes kids for gambling.

Trivia requires some skill but is hardly a game. The Wall of S... like Alkub racing requires only luck.

I'm with @thefemdoc This site would be improved and far more interesting if there were some actual games.

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 10 February 2017 at 3:56 PM

To an extent, I agree with @vos
I don't necessarily think alkub racing should be scrapped, but I don't exactly classify any of these as "games" and I would definitely love some mini games!

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 11 February 2017 at 4:19 PM

I'd love to see more games implemented onto the site as well. Mostly multiplayer games as well, adding multiplayer games is a great way for friends to play with each other or to play with other players and possibly get to know them more. This could probably encourage newer players to stay and even become acquainted with other people.

Some multiplayer games could be memory match,checkers,
and maybe some flash board game like candy land or shoots and ladders. And maybe a game where each player has to guess the correct trivia answer and get the most points to win.

And maybe some random flash games to play individually.

Maybe put back in battling like the Asteroid Plot battling. But we can explore around in the actual Cave it'self and sometimes find random items on the ground that is dedicated to the cave. Such as a book called. "History of the Cave" "Cave's Matter" "Rock Encyclopedia" and items such as Pet Rock,Crystal,Mushroom,Trail Mix. Basically items that can be dedicated to the cave? But items will be hard to find. But yes, I'd like to see battling back. There can even be a leader board for Most Battles, Highest Battle Level, Most Wins and Most loses. And ian can put a Potion of Eternal Health in the CC shop for 500cc so the creatures will be restored to full health when exiting or escaping the cave, this will make him extra money if people don't like having to restore the creatures health at the healing place. 😸
He can make it where you can explore the cave every hour if all your creatures faint or you decide to escape the cave.

I like Alkub racing how it is. I don't think it should be scrapped, after all it's a way for players to have a chance earning ec. Plus there are a lot of children games that has gambling; such as pokemon with the slots and the number guessing game. (Not sure what pokemon games had the slots and number guessing though.) Neopets has gambling as well, they have slots,cards and also have similar racing to the Alkubs. Monopoly is gambling in a way as well, along with the games of marbles, claw machines and Pogs. I don't think Alkub racing will influence children to gamble as much as other games would. Not sure if what I said here sounds stupid or not, but it's how I see it.

But if eggcave did decide to scrap it because of that reason they could just change winning currency into points, play for free daily and if you guess correctly you'll win points. When you get enough points you can use it at the Alkub prize shop and buy Alkub related merchandise.

Idk lol. But I think the staff did say something about adding more games. I brought it up a while back along with wanting to see more places to explore. 😸 It'd be amazing to visit the many Habitats that eggcave listed for the creatures in the Archives.

@vos
@icedmagma
@degong
@thefemdoc

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 11 February 2017 at 6:14 PM

@vos @icedmagma (Hey, hey, don't gang up on me! I didn't do anything! D: I was just explaining things. ☹️)

@poptarts (Pokemon Red and Blue had the slot machines, and Pokemon Gold and Silver had that Voltorb card game thing, though I don't know if that's number guessing.)

I'd call them games, since betting is a "game". Fantasy Football is a game, poker is a game, and other gambling type things are all "games". But, I guess they aren't really "games of skill", either, if that's what you would consider a game.

Flash games, while sound fun, would still require flash, and I think that would take away from the whole Eggcave feel. I think that Eggcave not requiring flash is a nice touch. Also, these games would require Ian and his team to learn even more about programming (not to mention a new language, at least a little), and I think Ian would rather spend his time patrolling Eggcave and working on other things.

But I fully support the battling idea. πŸ˜ƒ They probably haven't deleted all the code for it, so making it permanent wouldn't be unwelcomed. However, I have seen a few people annoyed about how they weren't that great at the battles, so maybe there needs to be some changes?
Somehow I don't think the reward for battling should be EC or CC, but maybe there could be battle specific travels, items that help you in battle, and maybe creatures you can only get from battling.

I think adding new places to see the different habitats would be pretty amazing.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 11 February 2017 at 7:24 PM

@degong (Doesn't look like they are trying to gang up on you. More of state their opinions. X3 It's always hard to tell the intent of a person when it comes to text. That's why I use tons of emoji's and use lol a lot. Also it's a bad habit of mine lol.)

Yes it must of been the Voltorb game then. X3 It's been quite sometime since I played pokemon. ;-; My how time flies lol. I use remember when they had Pokemon Yahtzee hand held game.

I feel that anything dealing with gambling and betting is a game. Because you're playing to win something. Though guess purchasing a lottery ticket isn't much of a game or playing the powerball? XP

I guess you're correct. Adding flash games would probably cost major money and time. But yes, battling would be amazing. X3 Why waste perfectly good coding on such a short event. Never using it again is a waste of such talent and time. And I'm sure ian and the staff could tweak it in the players favor. Everyone can start off at an easily level? Where the creatures are a bit easy to battle but still have a chance of losing. Almost like pokemon, how you start off battling easy pokemon then as you further through it becomes harder each-time. And yes cc would be an awful idea, though ec isn't that bad as long as it's given out in low amounts and is harder to achieve than items would be, but items won't appear as much either. It'll make battling worth it if the items are rare to get when battling. X3

And I think ian can sell items in the CC shop that will help people battle easier. I know spending money doesn't seem fun but it'll at least make ian placing back up battling worthwhile for him since he has a chance of making money off it.

And hmm, not sure on the idea of giving out creatures from battling. Xp Unless the creature was as rare as it is to find an Oasis creature. Making things harder to get from battling would encourage the people to keep trying at it in order to get the creature or items from it. That way people wont tire of it.

And yup. 😸 What kind of games would you like to see on the new eggcave?

Also sorry if I don't make sense in some places. I never re-read what I write. X3

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 11 February 2017 at 9:46 PM

@poptarts @degong i totally support the battling idea!

If we had tournaments for it, that would be super cool! Even adding in a "tournament" of any type would be cool. However, i feel it would be unfair to buy things in the shop that boost or enhance your hand in the battles. (At least for tourneys)

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 11 February 2017 at 10:00 PM

@jellifysh @poptarts

Hmm, well perhaps there could only be items you could in the Cave Cash Shop, but they couldn't be used when in entering a tournament. So, perhaps the tournaments could be monthly or something?

What if "leveling up" would grant your creature a certain amount of views, clicks, and feeds depending on the level? That way, there could be another way to gain stats that wouldn't be too overpowered.

I was thinking for the creature, it could be like an award or something, for getting in top three or something in a tournament, or for reaching level 150 or something. (Wow, I used "something" a lot. xD)

For the progressive battling, maybe there could be different areas with differently leveled creatures? They would all award around the same points (for tournaments, I would think), but it would have more exp for stronger opponents.

Female
137 posts

vos • 11 February 2017 at 10:02 PM

@degong
It didn't even enter my head that you might take my comments about the 'games' personally as you are in no way connected to them. My unreserved apology for any hurt you felt.

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 11 February 2017 at 10:05 PM

@vos

Oh, ah, thank you. 😊 I wasn't hurt, exactly, it just felt abrupt, that's all. I was probably just overreacting a little. I need to respect other people's opinions. Thank you for your concern, though. 😊

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 11 February 2017 at 10:07 PM

@degong i agree about the "no cc items in tournaments " idea. However, i feel like tournaments should be like for one week, then off the next. You get what im saying?

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 11 February 2017 at 10:15 PM

@jellifysh

Yes, that makes sense, let people have a break. I suppose a week sounds nicer than a whole month of intense battling.
After a year, though, do you think we would tire of it? I mean, newbies maybe not, but people who had played for weeks on end? Their creatures must be super mega powerful.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 11 February 2017 at 10:17 PM

@degong maybe prestiging? Like, once your creature(s) reach a really high level, you can cash in all the levels for πŸ’΅ or πŸͺ™?

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 11 February 2017 at 10:20 PM

@jellifysh

Hmm, maybe only EC? I mean, Ian needs to eat. πŸ˜‹ But that does sound that a good idea. Or maybe you could be able to change the levels into points for a tournament? There could also be a level cap, like in PokΓ©mon, so levels can't get too ridiculously high.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 11 February 2017 at 10:30 PM

@degong well, let's not forget about quests. Back in November, he announced the quests... @ian, we haven't heard a word about quests in almost three months. What is going on...?

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 11 February 2017 at 10:46 PM

@jellifysh

Ian needs money to keep the site running. X3 And I think having a Eternal Health potion will be a great thing to sell in the CC Shop. If a person's creatures faint in battle, instead of paying ec to have their creatures healed. They can have their creatures healed right away once all their creatures are defeated. That way they wont have to worry about going all the way to another page to heal their creatures with ec all the time and can just jump back into battle. It could be sold for 200cc since it'll probably add up to be worth it in the end.

And enhanced cc battle equipment can be usable during cave battles but unusable during tournament battles. People who enter into a tournament can be matched up with a person's who creatures level are similar, that way people who train their creatures to be very high levels wont end up being hard to defeat to those with lower level creatures. (Can you explain more on your tournament idea? I'd love to hear more detail about it? 😸)

And when I say battle items sold for cc I mean things like being able to have all your creatures healed once all of them faint in the cave.

Maybe a 50cc item that can change your creatures element that will overpower the creatures element. (But cannot be used for the tournament)

And maybe a 20 revive stone. Which can revive your creatures during battle unlike the item that revives all your creatures when you fully lose. The stone can be usable every time you enter into the cave. (The difference between the Eternal Health Potion is that it heals all your creatures when all faint and you leave the cave. While the revive stone can be used inside the cave but not outside the cave.)

And also a creature repel bottle. This will keep away lower leveled creatures and sometimes higher level creatures. That way if you faint and have to start back to the begging the person can just quickly speed through the cave back to their original spot. If they can remember that well.

Lol sorry I'm basing all items on money. ;-; I was hoping it would encourage ian to consider placing in battling more. XD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@degong
I think it would be better to leave out the increase of creature stats when leveling. Instead the creature can gain a new power or gain health,strength,speed,endurance ect.

And yes I like the idea of holding a tournament monthly. Maybe hold it three times a month?

And for the creature reaching levels like 150 and so on. They could receive badges and trophies in their item list. 😸 That'd be pretty rewarding and special in my opinion.

And yes, perfect idea. 😸 But maybe if you have a lower leveled creature and defeat a high level creature from a certain area, they will gain higher experience therefore leveling up faster. That's where the 20 revives stone will come in handy. (Listed in in jellyfishes comment) If your creatures faint during the battle with higher level creatures you can revive them until it's hopefully defeated. Unless your creature lacks health and can be knocked in one hit.

But back to tournament, should there be certain level to where a creature can enter?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 11 February 2017 at 10:54 PM

@jellifysh
Quests are something that's being worked on. We want to get Version 3 out first. Also, we're not going into too much detail about quests because we want them to be a surprise. πŸ˜‹

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 11 February 2017 at 11:00 PM

@Orderedchaos Oh. 😸 Sounds interesting. I can't wait to see what the quest will be like. Will the quest be released when version 3 is launched or will it be launched later on in the upcoming year(s)? Or is that a secret as well.

Female
5 posts

thefemdoc • 12 February 2017 at 1:46 AM

Wow, I never thought my post would gain this much attention

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 12 February 2017 at 10:51 AM

@Orderedchaos

O_o Ooo I love surprises! Keep it up! It's going to be amazing. πŸ˜ƒ