CHOCOTRAVAGANZA Timer

in Help & Questions

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 15 February 2017 at 9:45 PM

Is the Chocotravaganza Timer really a necessity?
It is really annoying when trying to return 300 chocolates by the same individuals; 5 from so and so, 5 from another so and so .. and when clicking the green arrow down through the list, it is constantly stopped by that Timer box.

Is there a way to get rid of it? Things would go a lot faster. I'd like to return all of the chocolates given as fast as possible.

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 15 February 2017 at 9:58 PM

@novrain62 Agreed! It's SUPER annoying ;-;

Female
173 posts

cartel • 15 February 2017 at 10:19 PM

Agreed. A timer seems unnecessary. Who cares if I want to send my chocolates to the same people? 😋

Female
141 posts

silkenoid • 15 February 2017 at 10:21 PM

@novrain62 It can be annoying, but otherwise people might begin to exploit the event and send chocolate to single persons, or just go to their side accounts and send themselves chocolate. That would defeat the whole purpose of the event, I'd say ^^'

452 posts

xxxmahiruxxx • 15 February 2017 at 10:41 PM

I think it's fine how it is. It makes it more difficult to exploit the event, as it's been said.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 16 February 2017 at 12:10 AM

@novrain62
It's that way so that it's harder to cheat.

Female
173 posts

cartel • 16 February 2017 at 12:12 AM

I don't see how sending chocolates to a single person would be exploiting the event. Side accounts, yes, but that sort of thing should be monitored and enforced anyway.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 16 February 2017 at 2:19 AM

@novrain62
I agree 😱 It's really really annoying, I have to wait like 10 minutes and I have so much HW and I hafta go to sleep .__.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 16 February 2017 at 10:53 AM

I'm sorry but that's crazy. You aren't supposed to be playing from your side accounts, sending yourself chocolates. If you are, then you should be deleted off Egg Cave. Most of us are honest people and would not even think of doing crazy stuff like that.

Timers only slow things up when there is life to be lived too. The chocolates are backed up so far that I can't give them back before I go to work.

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 16 February 2017 at 11:21 AM

The timer has been in place since the first event and its not going to be removed. It's something that makes abuse less appealing and more difficult. Also gives people a reason to interact with others outside of their friend circle.

Is it annoying? Yeah a bit. But anything that cuts down on cheating, and way more of that happens than you realize, makes our job a little easier and way less stressful. Remember mods are humans too, we can't spend 24/7 watching the site any more than you can. This timer, for the price of a small annoyance, means that I can actually sit back and enjoy this event a little instead of spending the whole thing stressing over finding people who are abusing the event.

Female
2,915 posts

mairbear • 16 February 2017 at 11:24 AM

I think putting in the timer helps ensure that you are sending chocolates to a lot of different people which is also part of the event goals. This lets people who have perhaps never spoken interact in some way which is kinda nice?

While I don't like the timer, I can easily see myself exchanging chocolates to a select few people if the timer were not there. The question of whether that is good or not is a whole other debate thou xD

Anyway, I like having the timer but I think the time limit could be decreased a bit. I feel like it gets longer the more you send chocolates to one person .... which is kinda a hindrance. If it were like 5 mins and didn't fluctuate from that, that would be nice 😊