The History of Ark

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Good Idea? Support

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 7:38 PM

What if Egg Cave had its own lore? It would help spice up our CDWC's. Maybe it could be linked to the archives? I mean, I have troubles finding out what the Oasis did, and sometimes I wonder how the Cave was made. How did the Asteroid get here? Since when did mammals hatch from eggs? Magic? I have so many questions about the Ark, if this doesn't happen, I might actually write myself a personal history of Ark! πŸ˜‹ Maybe not, but you get the idea. How did it all start............

Some things the lore could include:
~Why some creatures are endangered
~How the Cave and Oasis was created
~How was Ark found?
~Where'd the Asteroid come from?
~How was Ark found?
~Why does money come out of eggs and creatures just by feeding? (rewards from the critters perhaps?)
~Mammals hatched from eggs? How? Magic? Curse?
~Why can't books be read more than once, when toys can be used more than once? Maybe knowledge is sacred?

Just an idea ^^

#egglore #arkhistory Feel free to add these hashtags to your profile, and spread the word! ^^

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 19 February 2017 at 8:04 PM

@skyfall4

I see what your going for. I think its a good idea, it of course, like duh, should be put in the explore tab if the moderators agree. 😸 There could also be a whole new quiz just for the history. Or even an event! I'll spread the word! ❀️

Female
36 posts

eggberts • 19 February 2017 at 8:23 PM

@skyfall4

I have always wanted to know why there are so many faeries around. Where do they come from? What is their story? This would be part of the lore. I am all for this. Perhaps I could think about it. I am new but very imaginative and I love to write.

Female
491 posts

icedragon3000 • 19 February 2017 at 8:25 PM

@skyfall4 ThatΒ΄s a really good idea. That would be great, if we can get answers to this questions.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 8:26 PM

@eggberts @icedragon3000
Thanks for the support! Help spread the word, and perhaps that way we will finally find the answers to Ark!

Oh yes, @immortalraven, you'd rather have people ping you to the topics, am I correct?

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 19 February 2017 at 8:36 PM

@skyfall4 This is really interesting. I would soooo help you write the lore! When you gave me the link, I obviously had no idea what I was getting into @.@ but this is great!!!

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 19 February 2017 at 8:36 PM

@skyfall4
I like this idea... it would be pretty neat. 😸

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 8:37 PM

@leafstarofskyclan @flowerlynx
Thanks! 😸 ❀️

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 19 February 2017 at 8:42 PM

@skyfall4
I love this idea! It could really help with "world building" and filling in gaps that you might otherwise glance over

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 19 February 2017 at 9:14 PM

@skyfall4
You'll find answers to some of those questions if you search through old blog posts & such. I don't think they're exactly the ones you're looking for, though, haha~

The Asteroid came to Ark in the middle of 2010 per the usual way meteorites land on Earth =u=
But I think the greatest mystery in this case are the odds of the asteroid actually landing on the island of Ark rather than in the ocean. The world of Ark has far more ocean than land compared to Earth.

In archives, you'll find a bunch of entries discussing creatures that used to exist on Ark. I think something about creatures similar to dinosaurs? That doesn't explain how Ark was found, but sorta gives an idea that Ark was inhabited since.... a long time ago.

As for why items can only be used once and EC can be gained from creatures I think that can mostly be attributed to game logic hahaha

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 19 February 2017 at 9:28 PM

@skyfall4 i love this! We need this! We need a hashtag. How about #egglore?

I would want to write some of it, yes, especially. Hook us up with a PM when needed, I will be glad to help!

hsyfillej-

Female
766 posts

lunar • 19 February 2017 at 9:30 PM

They should just update the map's art and add in a lot more goodies.
Maybe make it like a 3-d moving gif of some sort.
Adding in any new additions will also be a breath of fresh air. Something underwater maybe aswell.
Maybe a daily: explore the cave. Where you get five tries to find something in the cave. Not like a plot, but a way to entertain people and sometimes low amounts of EC could be found, or cheap travels?
I personally just want more hands on activity than feeding pets. The events are one thing, but participating in the actual map and towns that are offered. The oasis and asteroid and thief shop have low odds and are usually check in once a day thing.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 9:34 PM

@icedmagma
It would! ^^

@icymuffin
Oh! hehe..... old posts do help πŸ˜‹ Those old posts could help give us some ideas how the Ark was inhabited long ago. If they do actually make this site lore, going back to the old posts will definitely help! ^^
But you're right- oh wait. The map. It only shows Ark. there could be other lands out there O.o

@jellifysh
Yes! Hashtag! This is a site suggestion for everyone, but Egg Cave should seriously hold a lore-writing contest for everyone, so we get a chance to give the site some ideas on what the site lore could be, and how Ark was found!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 19 February 2017 at 10:18 PM

@skyfall4

That would be pretty cool~! I wonder how much work it would take to implement. ^^" There could be, maybe, a contest for Users to put in their take of the world of Ark. Do you know how much easier a fan fiction would be to write if we had all this knowledge? xD

There could be different Arkians around the different places of Ark (maybe add some new ones?) that could give you snippets of information that we as a community have to piece together. Even the Arkian at the Theif Shop could have a story to share~! O_o

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 19 February 2017 at 10:23 PM

@degong
What a great idea!!!!! Everyone could choose which part of Ark they live in, and a contest for a chance for everyone to write the description of Ark, each part of Ark would be a different contest. Oh! There should be a TS log! The history behind the mysterious TS guy who sells the eggs!

Female
170 posts

nboez • 20 February 2017 at 5:58 AM

@skyfall4
AWESOME IDEA!!!
I wanna help with it... Can i ???
Where did you come up with such a great idea???
A lore...

Male
207 posts

enderwolf • 20 February 2017 at 10:43 AM

@skyfall4

How do you feed an egg?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 20 February 2017 at 12:18 PM

@nboez
Well let's hope Egg Cave takes this idea and writes a section about Ark's history, maybe we could help sparck some ideas!
I came up with this idea when I started wondering how did this all start, where did the Ark come from and how it was found.

@enderwolf
That's the question! Ark has so many mysteries in it, a lore about this island would help fill in the blanks, wouldn't it?

Female
170 posts

nboez • 21 February 2017 at 1:36 AM

@skyfall4
Hopefully they will.... I really wanna write something about the history of ark, cause i come up with interesting and funny explanations.... even if i don't know what it is... πŸ˜‰

Female
311 posts

quetzalcoatl • 21 February 2017 at 4:42 AM

I like to think that all the mammal creatures on here hatching from eggs are Monotremes... like the platypus. *science* Mystery solved Scooby Doo! xD But that's the boring non-magical way or thinking. That's never fun πŸ˜‹

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 21 February 2017 at 1:08 PM

@skyfall4

Before there was Something, there was Nothing. And Nothing was Everything.

That's where all the eggs come from ^^

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 21 February 2017 at 1:26 PM

@skyfall4
I love this.
You could choose whether you wanted to live in Ark City, or Leila.
Or, somewhere else, too. 😊

@asbe
O.o

Female
313 posts

playdate • 21 February 2017 at 1:29 PM

@skyfall4 that's a good Idea I'm a version three tester I can ask Ian to put it in the new version if you want me to.im not a mod but I could ask.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 21 February 2017 at 2:42 PM

@daisy1664 @flowerlynx @playdate
Thank you for your support! ^^

@playdate
You can if you want to 😊 no big rush for this πŸ˜‹

@asbe
That explanation.... o-o XD

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 21 February 2017 at 3:05 PM

@skyfall4
I can help with the 'description writing' with a character, if you need or want it.
It sounds cool; I might tell Ian about it on the tester thread as well. I'm a V3 tester.

Female
432 posts

spiritkeeper5 • 21 February 2017 at 4:11 PM

@skyfall4
I really like the idea...like it just tells us more of the game...for people who didn't join in the early years of egg cave...it would really help them...

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 21 February 2017 at 8:46 PM

@skyfall4
Heya! Sorry, I just noticed the link you left me on my wall - glados and I were having a wall-to-wall conversation at around that same time so it kind of flooded my wall.

But OMG I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! @ian IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!! ❀️

Edit: Whoops, actually that happened a day later - I suppose I just didn't check my wall that day, or somehow just missed the post you left me. That tends to happen frequently. I am very very bad about remembering to check my wall.

From now on, if you'd like a more definitive way to reach me, either send me a mail/pm or tell Iffy ( @ifi123 ) that you posted something on my wall and she can usually text me and let me know! Really she's my only really reliable social contact with the "outside world", since I don't text many of my other friends very often...

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 21 February 2017 at 9:00 PM

Egg Cave certainly has it's own lore. For instance Ark Island was summoned up from the sea floor by a mysterious entity who then drowned it only to raise it up again. However it is scattered across various pages and creature descriptions. Creating an "Egg Cave wiki" where we can consolidate all the lore and history is something that we've been meaning to do for awhile.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 28 February 2017 at 8:38 PM

@Orderedchaos
Oops, missed your post! πŸ˜‹
Really? Oh, that really cool! Has the wiki been created yet, if not, I would like to know if and when it will be created! 😊

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 28 February 2017 at 8:40 PM

@skyfall4
As I said its something that we've been meaning to create. It doesn't exist currently.