Cash Shop Item: Travel Remover

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Rate the idea

Female
462 posts

megadash • 20 February 2017 at 9:30 PM

Here's an idea for an item to put into the Cash Shop: the Travel Remover!

For 50 or 100 💵 (better to be 50 as it's not only the same price as a CS travel but keeps it more tempting for players), the user will select one creature, from a drop-down menu, which currently has a travel attached (maybe be confirmed with the current image of the selected creature). The item will still be counted in the creature's Item Collection, but the actual item will be added to the user's inventory where it can be used again.

Using this item, player can re-use travels that are no longer available while helping to support the site (hence the reason to keep the price low and the same a Cash Shop travel). As long as people are cautious not to use it on a travel that is already a CS travel or one that is still available, this will keep expired travels in circulation.

What do you think, everyone?

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 20 February 2017 at 9:33 PM

@megadash
Hi! I actually really like this idea. Although, they make CSP travels specifically for this, that's what makes them special.
For pricing, I'd think 75-100 CC. Each. 😊

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 20 February 2017 at 9:41 PM

@megadash

I like this idea, too. 😊

Do you think it should be able to be used an infinite amount of times, single use only, or for a limited number (let's say 5 for example)? Not sure if I'm making sense... ^^;

Female
462 posts

megadash • 20 February 2017 at 9:42 PM

@flowerlynx
"Although, they make CSP travels specifically for this, that's what makes them special."

True, but this is for all of the other travels out there. For example, if you get a creature with a retired travel (that isn't a CS travel, say an Abandoned Dark Castle), you can take it off and use it for something else.

@lykhaos117
"Do you think it should be able to be used an infinite amount of times, single use only, or for a limited number (let's say 5 for example)? Not sure if I'm making sense... ^^;"

It would be like all of the Cash Shop items. It wouldn't be added to your inventory (at least not right now). You'd select it from the Creature CaveCash Items it would take you to a page that has a drop-down menu filled with creatures that have travels on them. You'd select the creature, confirm your selection, and the 💵 would be removed from your account, the travel would be removed from the creature, and the travel would them be added to your inventory. You'd be able to use THE SERVICE as many time as you wanted or could afford. The travel will still only be a one-time-use item (unless, of course, you use the service again).

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 20 February 2017 at 9:45 PM

@flowerlynx
CC travels originally were not removable. So they weren't made specifically for this x3
Though I do agree should be 1oo [75 vouchers don't exist nor 25 to make it back to an even number]

@megadash
I love the idea but since a lot of the retired travels are 1ooCC or more I think some would have a problem with this. So I think 1oo would be a better price range for em than 5o since the value of those will probably go down a little with this.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 20 February 2017 at 9:46 PM

@megadash
I understood that part. I was stating the fact that, that's what makes CSP travels special; that they have multiple uses.
Also, I quite like the idea.

Female
462 posts

megadash • 20 February 2017 at 10:00 PM

@immortalraven
The reason that think that 50 💵 is a better price is because:
1.) It's the same price as any, currently active, Cave Cash travel.
2.) The lower price can still create a market for the travels. The higher the price, the less room there is for people to re-sell and that limits the flow of these items in the game's economy. This has been a big problem with creatures and this can limit that problem with items.
3.) On a similar note, a price of 50 💵 makes it more tempting than a price double that. The higher the price, the fewer people will be willing to buy 💵 in the first place. The more you can encourage people to make that first purchase, the more likely they are to come back.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 20 February 2017 at 10:16 PM

@megadash
I agree with all those points.
I just know some will throw a hissy fit because of it especially if it's lower ^^
I personally would prefer 5oCC over 1oo for it xD