Upset and Confused About Side Account Evolution

in Help & Questions

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 22 February 2017 at 12:09 AM

*rant warning*

Like many users, I have a secret side account to store creatures so I don't have to buy more cove spaces and can keep creatures which evolve by views at a lower stage for a longer time. So today I was logging into my secret side account to put my creatures in Tim's, and I noticed some of them evolved. I know that I give them more views by logging in alone, but it still seemed odd, so I checked my notifications.

Over 60 had evolved on the 19th. Looking at their stats, they had a much higher view stat than other creatures stolen from around the same time period. I haven't publicly mentioned the name of my side or posted links to the creatures on it anywhere, so I don't get how they could've gotten so many views unless it was a bug or if someone posted links to them. If it's the latter, I don't get how someone could've found the account or why s/he would've done something like that. I even made the default list on the side full of commons so the other creatures won't get more views if someone were to find the account.

This is very upsetting for several reasons:

1) I've worked hard to keep the creatures at low stages, and my efforts appear to have been wasted.

2) Now, I'll have to reformat the list I made of which creatures I have UFT, which will take a long time since the list includes the stage for every creature.

3) I don't like the incongruity between my will and the events that have just occurred. A bunch of creatures on my side which I didn't want to evolve have evolved while I have to wait a while to evolve view-preferring creatures on my main. I'm okay with being patient, but it's frustrating to have your Luryuken eggs you hid away already at last stage while your own is still in first hatched stage, and it doesn't make sense to me how it happened, either.

I'm curious how and why this happened and if anything can be done about it (though I doubt they'll all be restored to egg stage, as much as I wish they were, unless it was a bug). It wouldn't be worth it to buy a bunch of Rebirth potions, and I don't have enough CC even if I wanted to. I'm very stressed and would really like to know what was going on.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 22 February 2017 at 12:55 AM

@lykhaos117
I know how you feel, kinda. I haven't had someone use views /yet/ to evolve my critters. And I don't have a secret side. I just ask for people not to feed/click. I feel like someone I have blocked has been feeding some or was because some evolved including a Tawny I wanted to keep in 1st stage :/ And it didn't show any new people since I said no feeding.

Also making a default list doesn't work. I've tried it. Everything seemed to still get views when I put it in the site I used. Now I just put em on a blog so that doesn't happen.

So people are just spiteful and such. Do things for no reason but to make others feel bad.

I know a lot more people know about the site I use now or maybe they know of different sites that work well too. Which is probably what happened over a glitch. I don't see one person's 1 cove having things randomly evolve as being a glitch unfortunately. Which now this worries me since I have some that need views that I don't want evolved ;-; I wish I could help more than just know how you feel :c But sending ya at least a little something to help with at least one rebirth if there's just one thing that you REALLY absolutely needed to stay in egg.

Though if ya might have blocked someone they could have done it?
I have a hard time believing someone just did it randomly. Well I hope, but from what I've seen rudeness wise recently I wouldn't really be surprised it it was just random rudeness -.-

Female
1,728 posts

minnie298a • 22 February 2017 at 4:54 AM

@lykhaos117

In the past I have found a creature of mine put on a "list" created by another player with out my permission. It was someone who had created the list of all creatures of a particular species they came across, that they and others fans then used to visit, click and feed. This resulted in that creature evolving faster. The list was stored on another site and I stumbled upon it by sheer luck.

At the time I didn't do anything about it as I had much bigger and more important things happening in my real life. However a similar sort of thing could explain your situation.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 22 February 2017 at 5:43 PM

@immortalraven

Thank you so much. ❤️ Sorry about the Tawny evolving. I hope what happened to me won't happen to anyone else. To give an idea of the scale of the views, a Mecko on my side that evolved had 3036 views while a Mecko that didn't evolve had only 402. :/

I don't see why anyone would want to do this considering I've never blocked anyone and have never been blocked to my knowledge. I don't think I've done anything to upset anyone either considering I'm not very active with the social/trading aspects of Egg Cave. Perhaps someone could've been angry if I didn't respond immediately or accepted another offer on a lot or have a creature named Shkreli. None of the reasons I can think of sound plausible other than someone just being mean. You're probably right that it was random rudeness. ☹️

@minnie298a

People store lists like that on other sites..?! Wow and why? Sorry that happened to you. ☹️ *hugs* I'm surprised that you were able to find something like that. Heck, I'm surprised stuff like that exists. It'd be understandable if it were to immortalized a dying cove (a year or so ago, I made an immortalization forum to save the cove of a user who passed away), but it baffles me why someone would make a public list including an active user's creature without permission, especially on an external site. I also hope whatever's going on in your life goes well. Thanks for your support. ❤️

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 22 February 2017 at 6:03 PM

@lykhaos117
It's ok, at least 2nd stage is kinda popular. More so than last stage of em. I didn't feel like rebirthing though.

Yeah I know how many views something can gain in a short time. I use fast sites too.

I'm sorry :c Hopefully no more get evolved though c:

16 posts

brynn • 22 February 2017 at 6:21 PM

@lykhaos117 I don't have the urge to keep my pets in low stages but I can understand why it's frustrating. It's odd because sometimes my creatures get a lot of views without me ever putting them in a exchange? Like I think thissweetie got 30,000 views and I had no idea because I was a newbie and I stole the egg and all of a sudden it hatched and I was like what? She was like my 3rd hatched creature on all of eggcave, I think.

Female
1,728 posts

minnie298a • 23 February 2017 at 2:28 AM

@lykhaos117
I don't really get it either. I kind of remember it being a "Save the Species" sort of thing, so someone with the belief they where helping. I think I came across the link after the evolving had happened, so I'm thinking either the Halloween or Thanksgiving events and caught it during mass random feedings, or via a "Feed my cove" type board. Either way we are still talking 2 or 3 years ago.

For the record it was my Meekin. So an egg that was given out by the advent calendar and something that evolved by views. Even now the view stats are over 4600 while the clicks and feeds are barely over 1000.