Creature Suggestion: The Wysterica (Forest Unicorn)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Wysteria (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 2 March 2017 at 11:01 PM

#creaturesuggestion #magicalskies #Twiggy

Image (drawn by @skyfall4): https://68.media.tumblr.com/0c249e664f53f0cfa7316da9971aa094/tumblr_om08zpL9Yb1vtgu33o1_400.jpg

Description (written by @ifi123):

Egg:

If you were ever to come upon a Wysterica egg with the forests of Ark, you'd be best off leaving it alone. It's nigh impossible to lift a Wysterica egg off of the ground, not because of it's weight but because you'll find that the egg has roots growing into the ground! Severing these roots would be ill-advised, as the poor Wysterica inside may not grow properly.

The egg of a Wysterica is rather large, and fairly odd. Its surface appears to be made of bark, much like the surface of a tree. A somewhat rough-looking horn protrudes from the top of the egg. The little horn lets out a few bright sparks every now and then, most often when the egg is close to hatching. The most characteristic trait of a Wysterica egg is the smell, which comes from the flowers that sprout from the little vine twisted around the eggshell. Its sweetly floral scent has been known to draw many curious wanderers deep within the woods (where the Wysterica is typically found), searching for the source of this enchanting fragrance.

Creature:
The Wysterica is a rather elusive creature, one that's been historically known for its secretive nature. This is a result of the unfortunate way the Wysterica had been treated in centuries past. Long ago, owning a Wysterica was seen as a symbol of high status in society. As a result, the Wysterica were driven into hiding in an attempt to escape the hunters invading their habitats. However, because of recent attempts by the SAR center to rebuild trust between the citizens of Ark and the Wysterica, these beautiful creatures have begun reappearing in their old habitats.

As the Wysterica grows older it visibly blossoms into a truly graceful creature with an enchanting spirit. As a young foal, the mane of a Wysterica has several strands of leaves. At teen stage, these strands grow buds that blossom into flowers; you may also notice large leaves budding on the sides of the Wysterica . At the adult stage these leaves have grown into a large set of leafy wings; the Wysterica's flowers are also fully blossomed at this point.

The Wysterica is also one of the most loyal companions one could ask for. They are free-spirited and brave, not to mention incredibly curious about the world around them.

PINGS (sorry to bother!):
@wildirishrubyrose
@shun-m
@Ian

I think I've reached my 5 ping limit, including the 2 pings at the top 😋

Ifi (a.k.a. Twiggy XD, anything else?

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 2 March 2017 at 11:04 PM

@skyfall4

Ahhhh! I'm so excited for this one!!!! The inspiration for this creature was wisteria trees and their beautiful bunches of hanging purple flowers.

Color-wise, I think we'd said that the "wood" of the unicorn would be a really light brown, the hair would be kind of gray/silvery, and the flowers were purple like wisteria flowers?

@bingo @momokie @leafstarofskyclan

I have to say that I am so excited and in love with Sky's drawing! It's even more amazing than I had pictured it in my head when it was just an idea! Even if this doesn't get made, I'm totally printing this out and taping it to my wall! 😃 ❤️

Female
337 posts

bingo • 2 March 2017 at 11:21 PM

Very nifty design, always a fan of more equine creatures! Especially like the design in their coat and the floaty vines!

I think the only thing that needs changing is making that last stage fit the normal 90x90 image size, you could maybe have the creature curled in a crescent to make her fit. XD

Great job on this one, hopefully it'll be made into a creature! 😃

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 2 March 2017 at 11:25 PM

@bingo

Yay! I'm glad you like it 😸 And that's true, hopefully if they do make it they'll get the jist of it and adjust it to work

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 March 2017 at 12:22 AM

@bingo @ifi123
Yup! XD I still think the pixel size is too small... takes out a lot of options 😱

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 3 March 2017 at 12:41 AM

@skyfall4 Ohhh, I'm really impressed!

Firstly, I really like the description. I always like a good background story to the creature.

Secondly, great creature! I can see the first three stages being an egg cave creature (egg, 1st, 2nd). The 3rd stage is really good (I love the design on her mane), though I can imagine the artist having a hard time squeezing in all the details into a tiny box.

I can definitely see this creature being an adoptable. If it does get made, I hope they really show the details ('specially with the mane, which I think makes the creature).

Deleted • 3 March 2017 at 2:15 AM

WOW, this creature looks so majestic *-* I really like this design so I'm hoping it gets made 😃 Nice job!

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 3 March 2017 at 4:26 AM

@skyfall4 love it

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 3 March 2017 at 11:02 AM

@iceiceice Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the description! I was worried I'd written it awkwardly or something, so I'm excited that you like it!

@uni Thanks!!! @skyfall4 did an amazing job ❤️

@murfijs I'm happy you love it 😃

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 March 2017 at 12:14 PM

@murfijs @uni @iceiceice
Wow! Thank everyone!!!! 😱 and @ifi123 definitely wrote an amazing description😊

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 March 2017 at 1:54 PM

@skyfall4 Omg... This sounds awesome!

@mastergemma
@orderedchaos

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 March 2017 at 1:58 PM

@emeraldstar
Thank you! 😸

@ifi123... 😋 😃

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 3 March 2017 at 2:39 PM

@skyfall4

Ahhh, I'm so happy!!! Sky, you drew it even better than I had thought of it in my head! ❤️_❤️

Female
2,376 posts

ida92 • 5 March 2017 at 5:30 PM

@skyfall4 i love your art style! And the creature too. 😊 How aboit adding some colours?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 6 March 2017 at 10:25 AM

@ida92
Thank you! ❤️ hmm.... I was thinking light brown for the wood-like body, and a silver mane will make the pink and purple Wisteria flowers pop out.

Female
2,376 posts

ida92 • 6 March 2017 at 3:56 PM

@skyfall4 that would look beautiful 😊

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 March 2017 at 9:32 PM

@wild_wonders
@momokie
@stagfire

What do you think? 😊

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 9 March 2017 at 9:35 PM

@skyfall4
Nice c> Love the wood look and green hair. Looks like a MLP almost x3
It almost seems like a CRw critter x3

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 March 2017 at 9:36 PM

@stagfire
YES! YOU GUESSED IT! MLP! XD I used to draw them all the time when I was little, so my horse drawing style is like that now XD

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 9 March 2017 at 9:38 PM

@skyfall4
MAGIC! HOLAHOLA x3 Aww, x3 Old styles showing through, I like it x3

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 March 2017 at 9:39 PM

@stagfire
XD MaGiCaL

I simply drew them too much, engraved in my hand now XD

Hey, @ifi123, you're missing a lot of conversation discussing this creature XD

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 9 March 2017 at 9:42 PM

@skyfall4
YUS XD
Welp, that happens, lol. x3

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 March 2017 at 9:42 PM

@stagfire
Yeah....... I also draw dragons in a certain way too now 😋

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 9 March 2017 at 9:48 PM

@skyfall4

Oh whoops XD Thanks for pinging me! I'm so very super happy about the Wysterica! I still need to print it though...

I absolutely love the way you drew it, I think the style is really charming 😸

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 9 March 2017 at 10:33 PM

@skyfall4
x3 Oh well, that's okay c>

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 March 2017 at 10:34 PM

@stagfire
Hey, at least the drawing style engraved into me actually isn't bad XD

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 10 March 2017 at 1:52 AM

@skyfall4

LOVE IT! ❤️ Maybe add some colour? ❤️

Female
170 posts

nboez • 10 March 2017 at 11:47 PM

@skyfall4
OMG..... U never told me how good u r with a pencil and paper!!! THE UNICORN. LOOKS. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 11 March 2017 at 12:08 AM

@wild_wonders
I've been planning on it, but to afraid to add it personally, so I described it instead. Should be on post #15
Thank you! ❤️
@nboez
Hehehe..... 😃 Thank you so much!!!! ❤️
Remember to ping @ifi123!!!

Female
170 posts

nboez • 11 March 2017 at 12:10 AM

@skyfall4 @ifi123
U 2 work together so well, like Chocolate and cake...(mmm)