Enigmisphere (Revived RP Thread)

in Roleplaying

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 3 March 2017 at 6:52 AM

@loe_kee @chicachicken

SIGN-UPS: http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/64014

~~~
The Enigmisphere is a plane of existence that lies between the fabric of our own world. It's recently been discovered by humanity through boundary manipulation and wormholes, and now it has been accessible without those. The new plane is very odd, but it can become invisible when straying too far from an open rip in the plane. Mythical creatures are banned, and capturing could leave to interrogation or memory wiping.
One of the main buildings are the Facility, the largest building in the city, with the tallest tower of all. It oversees the city and trains people with abilities to become strong, and one day, explore the outside world. It is also the prison for mythical creatures.
~~~

Minerva opened her eyes. She felt like her head was fuzzy from being frozen for years, but her first sight was some scientists who had been waiting for her to wake up.
"Is... this the Enigmisphere?" She slurred.
One scientist immediately answered. "Welcome."

Willow found herself inside a small and cramped room. She had no idea how she got here, but the last thing she heard and saw were two adults saying that she would wake up in a few centuries. She was surprised that the future is one small room.

Cymoline entered the shop where Lilith was usually in - as well as her residence. They were considered a regular now that they have visited for around a couple of millions of times.
They then sat down in a bench, hoping that the girl would come soon.

Lilith ran across the street, trying to head back home. She excused pedestrians, and sprinted past dogs being walked by owners, just to reach home.
Eventually, Lilith came bursting into the room, slamming the door open.
"You came earlier. Just let me get ready first."

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 3 March 2017 at 10:47 AM

@nightmaremoon12
@chicachicken
Ridley dodged through the crowd haphazardly, more focused on tinkering with the wiring and gears in his hands. He'd assemble it by the time he made it to his tiny workshop then he could test out the coding he'd been working on that week. No doubt it wouldn't work and add some strange component in that he'd be fixing over the next month or more, but testing was required.

He halted, swerving as a girl rushed past and he clicked his tongue. No one respected the fragility of his creations, did they? Realizing he dropped some screws, Ridley dropped to the ground and urgently began to pick them up. Taking them off to the side of the traffic, he sat down against a wall and decided to finish composing his little robot in safety. Sometimes the fastest way and most time efficient was the slow and steady one.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 4 March 2017 at 3:48 AM

@chicachicken @loe_kee
~~~
"So," Cymoline said, not amused to what Lilith has done for what appears to be over the millionth time, "found any intruding creatures from the outside?"

Lilith nodded. "There has been some reports of citizens not being able to dream last night, as well as discoveries of a strange tapir floating around the city.

"Put the puzzle pieces together," Cymoline replied. "A dream-eater, that's a baku." They then stood up from the chair they were sitting in. "Bakus have the appearance of tapirs. We got a dream-eater in our midst."

Lilith then grabbed her hand cannons from turning them from swords. "Then we'll just capture them. It's that simple!"

Cymoline proceeded to giggle at Lilith's remark. "Capture a dream-eater? We'd be avoiding sleep just to find this creature! Besides, we don't know what this baku looks like, so there's a chance we won't be finding it at all."

"It's a tapir. That's all we need to know, Cy." Lilith smiled. "Tapirs are rare in the city, so it'll stand out. Bonus points if it's humanoid." She then went outside the shop. "Now let's hunt this tapir!"
~~~~
Minerva headed to a door at the way back of a hallway in the many corridors of the Facility. There was nothing else around her, but she felt something odd about what's behind the door.
Opening the door, she managed to find a familiar face.
"Willow?"

Willow was startled to see that Minerva approached and opened the door.
"You terrfied me, Minerva. Are we in the Enigmisphere?"

"We sure are," Minerva grinned. "Adrian Vespon was the mastermind behind this freezing me and shutting down you, but he said that when I woke up, you'd wake up!" She ran towards Willow and gave her a hug.
"The scientists were kind enough to give us a tour about what we need to know about the city."

"Great. We're free from all of those mythical creatures, right?" Willow tilted her head.
~~~
Carin lazily floated around the city. What caught their attention was some strange person (Ridley) picking up some gadget.
Not caring whether or not someone would see them, they followed the person, hoping to see what's up.

Deleted • 4 March 2017 at 7:43 AM

Luna decided to take a walk around the city. She decided to go to the coffee shop. The coffe shop was faraway, she didn't care though. She was rebellious to her parents. She liked it best when it was nighttime.
@loe_kee
@nightmaremoon12

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 4 March 2017 at 9:53 AM

@nightmaremoon12 @chicachicken
(RIDLEY! A FLOATING TAPIR'S STALKING YOU! xD)

Ridley finished assembling his robot though not without a few bumbles along the way and having to disassemble half of it. But it was finally done and he headed toward his workshop just two blocks away. Too many people... He was pushed around a lot but finally made it to a garage door next to a small cafe and manually he shouldered the door open before letting it fall down behind him. Windows at the top of the walls stayed open to the air and allowed fresh air to flow through, which aided greatly in Ridley's air not only consisting of sawdust, and rust-like and oily smells.

Setting the robot on the desk he reached for the chip in his pocket to connect to the robot's wiring. Going over it to make sure it was undamaged and in perfect working order, he meticulously hooked it up and watched the lights on the robot blink on.

"Yes!" Suddenly the thing shot in the air, "No!" and came tumbling back down on the floor on the other side of the work bench. Ridley ran around and begun chasing the twitching robot that skittered across the floor with pretty incredible speed for a malfunctioning gadget.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 4 March 2017 at 4:45 PM

@chicachicken - I encourage you to make your posts longer for storybuilding. @loe_kee
(That's something we see everyday. Tapirs fly, of course.)

Cymoline and Lilith headed outside, trying to find this floating baku. It was night, so there was going to be dreams stolen for sure.
~~~
Carin decided to giggle a bit to the person's gadget failing. It was always a treat to see a human's daily life when they aren't sleeping. Besides, Carin did nothing but eat dreams. It would be nice to do something else but that.
But alas, Carin is a big eater; dreams will be eaten tonight.
~~~
"It's bad that we have to hunt down these myths, honestly." Willow mused. She didn't know why she hunted them down, but she only remembered Minerva and a man named Adrian. "Is Adrian still around?" She asked.

"Unfortunately..." Minerva looked at Willow with a grave face. "He's gone. It's centuries since we last woke up. There's a chance he isn't alive."

Makes sense to Willow. "Alright, then. Where should we go now?"

"A coffee shop, perhaps." Minerva said. "You liked them before you..."

"What?" Willow tilted her head. "What do you mean before I what? Plus, I can't drink coffee."

Minerva rolled her eyes. "Let's drop that topic. It's best if I tell you later."

Eventually the two headed towards the coffee shop, but barely saw anybody. It felt like it was out of place - most of the places in the Enigmisphere were more futuristic, but this felt right at home. The scent of various amounts of coffee could be the only thing Minerva could smell. It felt more like a lounge than anything. There wasn't many people, except one girl (Luna) and few others. The girl was the one that caught Willow's eyes.

Deleted • 4 March 2017 at 5:09 PM

Luna turned around and saw Willow. She glanced at her. She than turned to the cashier and said, "I would like a cappuccino please." "5$", said the cashier. Luna payed for the coffee and sat at the table.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 6 March 2017 at 3:42 AM

@loe_kee @chicachicken

Willow felt a strange presence emit from the girl. "That girl looks weird," she mumbled quietly. "Must be the psychic energy around this city."

"There's tons of it!" Minerva exclaimed. "It's imperative that I buy a ESP-radiated coffee!" She handed some money to the cashier, and was handed a coffee moments after. "C'mon, we're going to find some cool psychics!"
Willow and Minerva then ran outside the coffee shop, and noticed a pair running after something.
"Hey Will, do you think they're after something cool?"

"Maybe. Should we check it out?" Willow tilted her head.

Minerva had a determined look on her face. "Of course! Wherever they're going must have something to do with the strange new energy, plus, we've just woken up from a deep slumber; everything is totally brand new!" She grabbed on to Willow's hand and chased after Cymoline and Lilith.
~~~
Carin sniffed the air for anything unusual. Eventually the scent of coffee came up to their scent and tantalized the baku.
"That scent... It's energizing... I must get it!" They quickly floated towards the direction of the coffee, and managed to chase Willow and Minerva without them noticing.

Deleted • 6 March 2017 at 6:47 AM

Luna finished drinking her coffee and went her own way. She felt good after drinking coffee. She now decided to go for a walk. Luna thought somewhere far away. The further she went, the happier she was. She felt like she never wanted to come back. But she did.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 7 March 2017 at 12:40 AM

@nightmaremoon12
@chicachicken

Ridley jumped and skidded along the smooth cement floor, catching the device. "Just. Stop. Wriggling." Bringing it over to the workbench, he managed to disconnect the wire without harm to it or the robot and he sat back into a chair with a heavy sigh. He'd have a long week ahead, trying to find the code that made the robot jump around like that.

"Can't do this right now..." He left the store rubbing his head and analyzed the pattern flow of the crowd. There was no pattern, not really. Sighing, he stopped when he saw a flying tapir.

"Whaa...no one's dealt with that yet?" He turned and grabbed some gadgets off a shelf that had miraculously not been affected or knocked over in the earlier scramble. "Guess I have nothing better to do." Closing the garage door behind him, he took off in pursuit of the tapir.

(It was kinda hard for me to follow along since I'm so brain-dead, but does this work okay?)

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 7 March 2017 at 12:45 AM

@chicachicken (Please ping us, or I won't be able to respond ASAP.) @loe_kee

Cymoline and Lilith eventually slipped past Luna, quickly glancing at her. "There aren't any unusual dream waves around the area," Lilith said. "The baku isn't around here, we need to look somewhere else."
"We're probably being chased by it. We can turn around and-" Cymoline's train of thought was stopped when a Minerva halted them.

"Stop right there!" Minerva blurted out. "What do you think you two are doing?" She was curious as to why the pair was running around the city.

"Huh?" Lilith said. "We're hunting myths down. There's a baku around the city and we're determined to capture it." She was confused as to why the pair was stalking them.

"Baku? Aren't those just legends?" Willow asked. She saw various creatures such as the Kitsune, the Dragon, and many others, but a baku was something that she never heard of.

Cymoline sighed. "They're real. Have you two been living under a rock for centuries?
~~~
Carin eventually stopped when they saw a pair who were looking for them. The smell of coffee was too good, though, but it would be best if they just ate something else such as a dream.
"Shoot, those two have been searching for me! I need to hide!"

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 7 March 2017 at 1:07 AM

@nightmaremoon12
@chicachicken

"Sorry. Sorry...Sorry!"

Ridley struggled to keep up with the baku, as it had the unfortunate advantage of not having to deal with traffic as he did. Soon, chasing it felt more like a game of human pinball.

He focused more on the people he was wading through and when he looked up again, the baku was gone. "No!" He spun, frantically searching for it. Moving forward, eye on the sky, he accidentally bumped into someone and apologizing, found himself facing three beautiful women and a genderfluid, who was just as stunning. But, frankly, he didn't much care. "Sorry, sorry. Just, umm....going this way." He turned to go around them, glancing about the sky for any sign of the tapir.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 7 March 2017 at 1:24 AM

@loe_kee

"We got the entire Enigmisphere population looking for a tapir now," Cymoline mused about as they looked at Ridley. "Got any sign of unusual dream activity, Lilith?"

"Not yet, Cy." Lilith replied. The machine she had was showing the same data. There wasn't any new info. "I can sense unusual energy, though."

"You sure it isn't storm you're sensing?" Cymoline joked. "Cause you could shock the baku at any moment, you know."
~~~
Eventually, Carin had no choice but to use the stockpiled dreams they begrudgingly kept to create energy spheres to the group in order to leave them be.
"Get away from me!" They yelled out.
~~}
"Watch out!" Willow yelled out, as she quickly opened a control panel that appeared in front of her, and used her trusty drone to create a shield, blocking the incoming attack. "Shield!"

Minerva was a bit annoyed at the energy sphere, but as soon as she noticed where they came from, her mind told her to open up her personal control panel and summon six spheres behind her. "Attack that baku!" She yelled out, as the spheres rapidly chased the baku, shooting energy needles towards it.
~~~
"You little-" Carin was interrupted when a needle stung their arm. "Bah, that's not fair! I don't have an entire army to help me!" They tried to dodge the incoming needles with poor reflexes, and hoped that no more needles would hurt them.

Deleted • 7 March 2017 at 8:27 AM

@loe_kee @nightmaremoon12 Luna watched as Cymoline and Lilith went by and gave them the same glance. Luna sensed the Baku, but thought that was a legend. It turned out that it wasn't.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 7 March 2017 at 12:29 PM

@nightmaremoon12
@chicachicken

Ridley ungracefully went to hide behind one of the girl's shields and fumbled around his pockets, looking for gadget that deployed a net. "Not that one...no...nope." He pulled out inventions then redeposited them, unable to find the net. I totally left it didn't I...? Unable to trap the baku, he settled on using his boomerang to attack it and hopefully knock it out.

Careful not to hit anyone, he whipped the boomerang toward the baku and missed by a couple of inches. Cursing he pushed a button on his gauntlet to call back the gadget and rolled to catch the returning boomerang. The baku kept zigzagging but Ridley quickly identified that it went close to 3 meters each way before changing direction. Easily predictable.

Throwing the boomerang again, it hit one of the Baku's legs.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 7 March 2017 at 3:59 PM

@loe_kee

Carin eventually got hit by the boomerang, and lost their floating for a bit, getting closer to the ground. "Argh! Why do I have to deal with this every day?!" They complained, before using a stockpiled dream to create electricity to try and disrupt Willow from doing any more damage, especially the drone.

"Not on my watch!" Lilith exclaimed, before she used her electricity to redirect the incoming attack away from Willow and her drone, and towards multiple street lamps. She was careful as to not get shocked too much, or she can get a shocking death. "That's enough messing around, little tapir." Her twin swords eventually became arm cannons, as she looked at Cymoline. "Give me a lift!"

"On it!" Cymoline yelled out, as they used their abilities to fling Lilith towards the baku. It was a risky move for both parties, as training usually ended up in Lilith being sent to the ceiling.

"You're done for!" Lilith exclaimed, before her arm cannons gave her a lift boost to make her altitude higher than Carin, and used the cannons as clubs to try and send them down harshly.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 9 March 2017 at 2:46 PM

@nightmaremoon12
@chicachicken

Ridley ran forward towards the aerial fighting in hopes to position himself better to catch anyone falling. He was sure the girls' had a safe way of getting down since they looked practiced in getting up there-they must be practiced in coming back down as well- but there was no harm in precautions. He had his boomerang at the ready in case the girls didn't kill it with their current attacks.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 10 March 2017 at 3:06 AM

@loe_kee @chicachicken

"Gagh!" Carin yelped, as they went hurling down the ground.
As they tried to open their eyes, an energy handcuff went around their arms, courtesy of Cymoline.

"Looks like you're not stealing anyone's dreams today." They said, before giggling. "Let's go, Lil!"

Lilith managed to use her arm cannons' blasts to soften her fall. "On it! Hey, we should bring them along!" She pointed at Ridley, Willow, and Minerva. "They can make amazing members for the Facility! Besides, they have outstanding potential."

"I guess so." Cymoline thought a bit. "You three!" Their head turned to the group. "Wanna join us?"

"Sure! Will and I would love to join." Minerva smiled. "After all, we're new here - we don't have a lot of knowledge about the place, but we'd love to follow you around and take a look of what the place has for us!"

Cymoline nodded. "Good! How about you...?" They then glanced at Ridley with a smile. "We could use the help taking this squirming baku to their new home."

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 10 March 2017 at 3:41 PM

@nightmaremoon12
@chicachicken

Ridley paused, thoughts of how much work he had to do filling his mind. But it was personal work and he'd been looking on how to live more purposefully in the Enigmishpere.

"I'll...check it out." He responded, putting away his boomerang.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 10 March 2017 at 4:30 PM

@chicachicken @loe_kee

"Great!" Cymoline smiled. "You can't miss the Facility. It's the largest building in this city, after all."

Lilith and Cymoline then ran towards to where the building was at. "Follow us!" Lilith said.

"Hmm..." Minerva thought. "We barely visited the Facility before. The only place we went was the main room, but that's just about it." She then grinned and went after the two with Willow.

"Come on! Follow them, it'll be fantastic!" Willow yelled out to Ridley as they followed the group.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 21 March 2017 at 6:29 PM

@nightmaremoon12
@chicachicken

Ridley breathed in annoyance at their fast pace and struggled to keep up.

"Coming, coming."

Even with his height, he had some trouble looking for this "tallest building in the city" that they spoke of. A lot were tall. As he followed them through the streets, he made out a towering building and then scoffed to himself. They weren't kidding. That thing was huuuge.

Even among the other office-like buildings and apartments that could be anywhere from 3-5 stories tall, the Facility streaked into the sky far above the surrounding buildings. As they passed a food stall, the aroma of grilled meats filled his nose and his stomach growled. Forcing himself to move on, he made a mental note to ask for food when they got to the Facility.

Deleted • 21 March 2017 at 6:43 PM

@loe_kee @nightmaremoon12

Luna turned away as saw the battle. She looked back one more time and walked off. But as she walked, she saw a group of people coming. Luna go a little nervous. But she paused thinking everything is going to be alright.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 22 March 2017 at 2:02 AM

@loe_kee @chicachicken

"So," Lilith spoke. "Anybody hungry? There's food inside, but we can stop right now. I'm not going to get bad if we stop." She had a grin as she said those few words. "Besides, we can relax for a bit. It's not like we're in a rush or anything."

"The only thing we're rushing is to get this tapir locked up," Cymoline interjected. "Who wants to take this inside the Facility?"

Willow smiled. She didn't have the need to eat, but the food stalls had delicious food, especially ones she had never seen before.
She shook her head, trying to get the thought of food out. "I-I'll do it. It's the least I can do for helping you to fight this creature." She grabbed the tapir, before heading inside the entrance."

"For a tapir," Minerva mused, "it really looks humanoid. I never seen any baku that take on a human form."

Cymoline laughed. "So you're new." They continued. "They learned to shift their forms into a human to try and blend in. Most cases of these myths look completely human, apart from any tails or horns protruding out of them." They paused, before speaking again. "Anyways, this tapir looks like it hasn't mastered shapeshifting yet. They still don't look like a perfect human."
Cymoline then went back to the topic of food. "So, anybody hungry? I could go for a snack. How 'bout you...?" They tilted their head towards Ridley, trying to see if he wants anything.

"You know..." Minerva mumbled to herself. "I could feel as if there's life in that moon... Life too advanced for people like us." Staring at the moon that was way up in the sky caused her to feel a bit dizzy, as if strong psychic waves were pulsing out of the sky. "Maybe humans exist there?"

"Pfft!" Lilith said in disbelief. "There's no way! Humanity exists here, on Earth! Sure, there may be a tonna humans on this blue rock, but most of us are descendants of war survivors, one who fought against mythical creatures, and those who lost and had to surrender just to avoid death. And when they avoided death, they avoided advancement. There's no way that people could exist on the moon, because there's no way that they could have quickly went on giant ships, flew to the moon, and started a colony there."

Minerva felt like she couldn't get into Lilith's mind and slap her in the face. But she was born during the mythical war. Lilith didn't even exist during that time. "How could you know?" Minerva interrupted. "You weren't born during that time. Sure, you could look up history books, but I was born during the near-aftermath, with parents who fought this war. I have wisdom. I heard mentions of people who flew to the moon during the war during that time, and I know those people are doing just fine!"

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 5 April 2017 at 9:50 AM

@nightmaremoon12
@chicachicken

Ridley turned at the sound of food and nodded to Cymoline. "Ya, that'd be great." Pausing, he raised a finger, "Can I get everyone's names? I feel rude not knowing. I'm Ridley." His ears picked up traits of the other conversation between two other girls-something about the moon. Thoughts raced through his brain, remnants of something told long ago, while suspicion and controversy filled the rest. He'd keep his ears open on what the girls had to add.

(sorry it's not super long haha)

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 7 April 2017 at 8:27 AM

@loe_kee @chicachicken
(Almost abandoned this lil' RP. whoops.)
(I also accidentally dreamed about switching minds in a Cymoline in an alternate universe. I consider it to be a sad dream.)

"Name's Cymoline, and my pal is Lilith. She's been with me for years!" They smiled at Ridley before turning back at Lilith and Minerva.
"I think both of you have your points. You should stop unless I'll make you." Cymoline jokingly said. Lilith always started fights, and she never stopped until she won, but they thought it was time for her to lose a fight.

"Okay then." Minerva responded. "I didn't want to get into this dispute. I'm Minerva. My friend is Willow. We came from the past. No, we're not time travellers. We were frozen until we woke up. I'm still a bit fuzzy from the process, but it's all right." She then remembered something she wanted to ask Cymoline.
"Oh, are you related to Adrian Vespon? Sorry if this seems off-topic, but... Are you?"

Cymoline was shocked to hear that name again. "Him? Isn't he like, my great-something-grandfather? He's too great for me to remember. I-I'm not too sure. Do you know him?'

Minerva went into a burst of laughter after Cymoline's remarks. "Willow and I kicked him, that's for sure! He was younger when we met him, but Adrian was a pest." She mumbled in anger afterwards. "A very smart pest... He was literally a kid! How can that kid be so smart? Did he make himself smart? Was he born smart?!"