Creature suggestion: The Chimpansy

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

How do you feel about this creature design? (Multiple answers allowed.)

1,242 posts

bot • 6 March 2017 at 3:23 PM

New creature suggestion: The Chimpansy (pronounced "chim-PAN-see). The name is subject to change.

DISCLAIMER:

This creature was originally a Fakémon of mine, but I thought it would be better suited to be an Egg Cave creature. Because of this, I don't have a conceptualized Egg stage and the drawing of it includes stats about it that would apply to it as if it were an actual Pokémon, so please ignore the text on the image and only pay attention to the drawing itself. Thanks. 😊

Link to the drawing: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPJh-F9j-uS/

--

BIO:

(Chimpansy hatches out of its egg after achieving 1,000 views, and then into its final stage at 2,500 views.)

About Chimpansy eggs -

Chimpansy eggs are rarely seen and well-hidden in the jungle canopy. Usually, the egg's parents leave it in a treetop concealed by a large umbrella leaf, but aside from that completely unguarded. Only around 50% of Chimpansy eggs hatch because of their lack of defense against predators. Additionally, these eggs only hatch in heavy fog. Thankfully, fog is common in the humid rainforests in which Chimpansy eggs are laid.

After hatching, the newborn Chimpansy keeps the broad umbrella leaf that was on top of its egg for the rest of its life.

More about the Chimpansy -

During their youth, Chimpansies are mostly solitary creatures that live alone in the branches of tall jungle trees. Despite their independent nature, young Chimpansies frequently visit an older Chimpansy that serves as their mentor, teaching them how to play music and act chivalrous. As a result, juveniles spend their time playing off-tune, yet strangely upbeat songs on homemade instruments for the whole forest to hear. When it rains, they go down to the forest floor to watch puddles gather, using their verdant umbrellas to shield their fur from falling raindrops.

As Chimpansy age, their music skill advances beyond compare, as does their intellect. An adult Chimpansy is among the most intelligent species on Ark, rivaling even Leeps and Macbots. Usually, they spend their time sitting under their broad umbrella leaves while playing somber, haunting melodies to imaginary audiences on expertly crafted instruments. When a Chimpansy's death grows near, it leaves the jungle to find anyone willing to listen to and appreciate its music. Once it plays for a worthy audience, it is finally satisfied with itself and can die peacefully.

--

Please let me know what you think of this creature! Thank you for reading. 😊

Female
97 posts

oscoa • 25 March 2017 at 10:07 AM

@bot

I loved this creatures!! Cause it's looks like Cilan mix up with Pansage actually xD Really wants one of them ♥♥♥

1,242 posts

bot • 3 June 2017 at 9:46 PM

@oscoa Thank you!

Female
92 posts

skyindie • 3 June 2017 at 10:33 PM

nice! i love the colors!

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 1 July 2017 at 2:19 AM

@bot i voted LOVE IT!

1,242 posts