A shapeshifter arrives.....

in Welcomes & Introductions

Female
3 posts

tanjadroverson • 13 March 2017 at 5:48 PM

Name: Tanja Droverson (not my real name)
Species: Shapeshifter (with over 700 forms)
Birthday: October 6th
Hobbies: Roleplay, Reading, Writing (my own stories in English but none of them is really finished, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, see below), watching TV/DVD, going to the movies, gaming (Computer, PS, XBox, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed), Tattoos (I have 5), listening to music
Background: I started out as a Moon Dragon in a roleplay chat in 2004. Then I found Second Life and I realized I don't have just one Fursona but many forms.
Likes: Fur dragons, Second Life, drawing (but I'm not really good at it yet), humor
Dislikes: humorless people, cruelty to animals, annoying people, know-it-alls

Here are 2 examples of stories I am writing, they are all working titles. I have more but I don't want to show more things I'm stuck on.....
Sorry for the poor editing!

Nimra (Fantasy)
Revelations
Opening her golden eyes Nimra yawns wide showing her big sharp teeth. She stretches her strong body careful with her wings so she doesn’t crush them as she lay on her back. Grinning broadly the Fur dragon flops on her stomach and pushes herself up on her legs. She spreads her wings combing through them with her maw to make sure her feathers are all right. Happy that she is fine she yawns again starting to leave her cave in a run. Reaching the top cavern she spreads her wings again, flaps with them and leaves the cave flying.Breathing in deeply she makes somersaults in the fresh air happy to be alive. With her golden eyes she scans the forest beneath her but decides to fly to the plains. Turning sharply she sails around her mountain and spots a herd of bisons in the distance. With some more flaps of her wings she picks up speed then pulls them close to her body. Without much effort she picks up one of the bisons with her front legs and breaks its neck with a fast wrenching of her legs. Flying back to her mountain she lands on top of it and puts her prey down there.After taking a small bite she jumps off the mountain gliding down carried by the current and spreads her wings only when she almost hits the ground. Carried by the wind she floats over the plains turning softly this time so she heads south. Almost touching the surface of the dark blue lake she laughs from happiness and soon reaches after a short flight over grassland the shore of the sea. Knowing which way to take since she had done so almost every day during the past five years she flies higher.Nimra was looking forward to this day each month anew and she caught movement up ahead. She flies lower so her legs touch the surface. Lower and lower she glides until she is fully in the water only her head sticking out. Stopping she grins at the Water dragon swimming on the spot while her friend dives and comes back up.“I hope the tides were good to you, my dear Risa,” she greets the fellow dragon.The Water dragon who’s scales in all shades of blue were shining in the sun stopped smiling brightly. “Yes, they were. And the winds are carrying you well?” Risa wants to know in her soft voice.“We can test that if you are ready,” Nimra says rubbing cheeks with Risa for a moment.Nodding the Water dragon swims back a bit and she starts to shrink as soon as she closes her green with blue sparkles sprinkled eyes. Opening them again she climbs on Nimra’s back after swimming close to her again.“Let’s test it then,” Risa agrees burying her webbed paws in Nimra’s soft, dark blue fur with even darker stripes that shine in the sunlight.The Fur dragon spreads her wings and glides through the water effortlessly before she takes off.Risa laughs happily always excited to ride on Nimra’s back as the wind strokes her scales.
53 pages are done...

Furries in Space (Star Trek with Furries)
The black lion was sitting in the co-pilot’s chair of a class 9 shuttle able to see different star ships in the various docks floating around Utopia Planetia. It wasn’t the first time she took this route but usually she flew the shuttle herself. Those times were over though now that she was the Captain of her own ship which made her smile. She hadn’t expected to be offered her own command this early in her career and it made her proud.
“There’s the Challenger,” the Ensign at the controls said motioning his feathery head out the window at a ship appearing in front of them.
The ship was huge compared to the shuttle but you couldn’t see the whole beauty yet since it was still in dry dock. For the past 6 months she’d had her snout in the schematics so she knew the ship like the back of her paw. They reached the front and flew along its length, the main part of the vessel shaped like an arrow with the 4 nacelles two on each side. Reaching the back they approached the hangar and landed in the brightly lit room.
“Admiral Melba is waiting for you,” the Ensign said opening the hatch for her.
Getting up she straightened her red uniform. “Thanks Ensign,” she said with a smile and a nod.
Her tail was swinging lightly from side to side as she walked to the hatch and she had to duck her head slightly as she got out.
A few feet in front of her stood a green Gecko dressed in his Admiral uniform. Saluting him she stood at least a head taller than him and her features were serious while he smiled.
“At ease, Captain,” he ordered with a grin and stepped closer to hug her. “So what do you think?” Letting go of her he looked her in the dark blue piercing eyes.“Beautiful,” she answered and looked around the shuttle bay as he motioned for the doors.
“She’s not a woman,” he joked and they left the hangar side by side.
I have 45 pages on the computer already...

Female
3,800 posts

sparklefox • 13 March 2017 at 6:09 PM

@tanjadroverson - Welcome to Egg Cave! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me (or anyone else who offers, your choice).

If you are replying to someone, you should ping them. Otherwise, they won't know that you've done so. To ping someone, either click the bell icon under their username in the forums, or type an @ followed by their username (e.g. @sparklefox ). You can only ping up to five people per post.

Checking out the Forum Rules and the Site Guidelines would be an easy way to start. Other useful links are the FAQ and eCode.

A common mistake from newbies is that they'll ping and reply to people using their own wall. Pinging does not work out of forums and the blog, and to reply to people's comments you go to their wall instead.

I apologise if you knew any of the above information already.

Ooh, a shapeshifter. How nice.

Those stories are pretty nice, too.

Fur dragons are amazing.

Female
3 posts

tanjadroverson • 13 March 2017 at 6:18 PM

@sparklefox

Thank you very much for your help!
I have some experience with forums like this from Flight Rising where I'm very active!

Glad you like the stories..... Got more ideas and I hope I'll be able to finish all of them!

Fur dragons rock! ~.^

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 March 2017 at 6:21 PM

@tanjadroverson
Hello, and welcome! Call me Flower, like everyone else does. I try to help out the newbies as best I can, so don't be afraid to contact me! (I'm having technical issues, so I may have trouble responding.)
I'm glad you're very active. So am I. Except it's not on FR, it's on here. 😸

36 posts

aqua_sylph • 14 March 2017 at 7:19 AM

@tanjadroverson

Hello.

You can call me Aqua. It takes a long way to earn trust, however it could take only one word to break trust, so I hope that this relationship stays strong.
I like the story. You could make some changes though. How about "yawned" instead of "yawns" for the first one? I have some experience on writing stories.

I have already fed your creatures. Hope that is fine. DON'T feed mine. I think your finger would give way under the stress of too much clicking.

Hopefully see you soon,
@aqua_sylph

Female
3 posts

tanjadroverson • 14 March 2017 at 1:35 PM

@ aqua_sylph

Thank you very much for feeding my creatures!!!

I hope I won't say the wrong things!