xxcupid • 15 March 2017 at 5:36 PM

#creaturesuggestion
gonna ping some people..

@shadow_girl
@cupidthelion
@magiczombie
@molly2853

--

image: http://sta.sh/01yww4fw49xs (not my best, but whatever)

--

Description:

Look, I am not a writer, so I apologize it looks like a 5 year old wrote it.

Egg:

A unique feature about this egg is that the tail breaks out of the shell before the creature does. Since the Shylop is born
prematurely, the tail is grown first to ensure that the Shylop can stay healthy (because they grow with the tail wrapped around their body). Scientists can't exactly pin why they hatch so early on, but they believe it is because the Shylop must breed and hatch in the exact same month. Strange, but interesting.

Creature:

When born, the Shylop will instantly wrap their tail around their body. Soon after it will release a coating of a substance almost like glue so that the tail will remain, firm and strong. Because the Shylop is underdeveloped they will stay in a fixed position for nearly half of the rest of their (long) life.

Since they cannot exactly move, flowers - specifically red ones - will start to grow by feeding off of the substance inside. Don't worry though, the Shylop can easily produce more.

Shylop are actually very - you guessed it - shy. They are extreme introverts and will try to avoid any social interaction. A shame though, because they are quite beautiful. (sorry if my drawing doesn't look like it)

As they grow older the substance will begin to dry up and the flowers will start to disappear. They would be done in development, but most Shylops choose to stay in their cocoon-like state because the idea of learning how to move and being independent of their owners is a troubling thought. The ones who do decide to unwrap their tails though will be much happier overall. But that doesn't change the statistics.

(Shylops without having a wrapped tail would have a body shape of a bunny)

That's all you guys! Tell me what you think about it. Improvements will come if needed!

Female
2,376 posts

ida92 • 15 March 2017 at 5:54 PM

@xxcupid I like it. 😊 It's a cute and original suggestion.😊

Agender
277 posts

arty10 • 15 March 2017 at 6:30 PM

@xxcupid Awww it's so adorable and I love it .u. I would love for these to come out in September so that I can get one born on my b-day 😃

Female
37 posts

xxcupid • 15 March 2017 at 9:24 PM

@ida92
@arty10

Thanks!

Agender
277 posts

arty10 • 15 March 2017 at 9:56 PM

@xxcupid Np 😃