Login Insecure?

in Problems & Bugs

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 16 March 2017 at 8:59 PM

Is anyone else getting this when they log in
May not be word for word but goes like: This connection is insecure. Logins here may be compromised.
o3o

And should I be worried >.>

Just happened when I logged off to go to my side.

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 17 March 2017 at 12:16 PM

@immortalraven - I'm not experiencing this... I logged out and back in to check, and nothing appeared. I just logged in as normal.

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 17 March 2017 at 1:06 PM

@immortalraven

I've noticed the same warning, though I attributed it to a new feature being added to Firefox or something along those lines. I've seen the same warning on a few other logins and I know there was always an icon by the address of a site in the search bar that indicated if the connection is secure. So it's possible the login itself hasn't changed here on EggCave but that we now get a more obvious warning than before.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 17 March 2017 at 4:02 PM

@sparklefox
Thanks for checkimg

@zx-metalmonster
I've only noticed it on herr so far anyways. Doesnt happen on my phone
Guess it is firefox. Kinda annoyinh though since i have to type my username now instead of just clickimg tje box amd my isernames poppong up

Sorry for spellomg errors. Hard to type on pjone

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 17 March 2017 at 4:32 PM

@zx-metalmonster @immortalraven - Huh, new feature on Firefox...? Perhaps I should actually update this and check again. This is getting me curious.

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 17 March 2017 at 5:11 PM

@sparklefox

I'm only assuming it's a new feature. I use Firefox and like I've mentioned I've run into the warning on a few sites. I'm not sure where to check what the latest updates included =P

Edit:

Actually, I have found it. Its definitely a Firefox feature.
(https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/52.0/releasenotes/)