New to Egg Cave? Join free and get 5,000 EC!
Returning? Sign In now.

Hello, guest!

Search

Stay Connected

Topic

Forums Index > Problems & Bugs

Livepulse | My Subscribed Topics | My Recent Posts | My Recent Topics | eCode Guide | Forum Rules
Ability to feed more than once? Subscribe
snowball888111 we'll be lighting up the sky
Posts 1,736
Female    Ping User In Reply    Private Message
View Creature Trades    View Item Trades
#1 · March 20, 2017 at 1:25 am
Report Message   Report Spam Bot  

Hi, I don't think this is a bug (I think I know why it's happening) but I just want to know whether my account will be penalized for it?

I live in China so I need to use a VPN to access certain foreign sites, which basically gives me a new IP address every time I turn it on - this has been allowing me to feed creatures more than once a day (haven't noticed any other changes other than that, though).

Will my account be marked as 'suspicious' because of this?
Thanks!!

@mastergemma
@orderedchaos
@jazzyleia
@april___

lykhaos117 Youngold is an oxymoron.
Posts 2,291
#2 · March 20, 2017 at 1:53 am

@snowball888111

I'm not certain, but I don't think it's a problem unless you keep logging on and off to feed the same creature or if you use the Click Exchange. I think if you use five or more different IP addresses in a single day on the Click Exchange, it issues a temporary ban to prevent some people from having an unfair advantage by being able to get many times more clicks than other players.

It's probably fine for regular feeding though. I tend to log on to Egg Cave often regardless of where I'm at (home, library, etc.) and have been able to feed creatures multiple times as a result due to different IPs.

You should also be careful with contests, too, since some users who make contests only allow one feed per day and will disqualify you or not count your extra feeds to accommodate for players with only one IP.

This might change with V3 though. I think it only allows a user to feed a particular creature once per day regardless of IP, probably so players with family members on Egg Cave will be able to get more feeds and not have to compete/be at a feeding disadvantage because of others in their household.

I may be wrong though...

Good luck!

jazzyleia March! Finally!
Posts 5,921
#3 · March 20, 2017 at 8:03 pm

@snowball888111

Feeding multiple times is okay everywhere except in the Click Exchange. So you should be perfectly fine in everything except the Click Exchange if you use it or not.

Hope that helped.

snowball888111 we'll be lighting up the sky
Posts 1,736
#4 · March 20, 2017 at 8:55 pm

@lykhaos117 @jazzyleia ahh, guess I'll have to stop using the Click Exchange Thank you so much for the helpful answers!

lykhaos117 Youngold is an oxymoron.
Posts 2,291
#5 · March 20, 2017 at 9:03 pm

@snowball888111

You're welcome!

Please log in to post replies.