Should I move?

in Chit-Chat

Deleted • 5 April 2011 at 3:31 PM

Okay, so as some as you may know I'm not too fond of my dad. Today I was in Art Class, talking to [Jacob22] and I'm thinking about moving to live with my mom. I've already asked everyone at my school that I'm going to. They all say the same thing, "Whatever you choose, I'll be here and support your descision." And so I ask you, the people of EC..What should I do? I know no one can make the decision for me but I've put a lot of thought into it.

Btw, this is a really big decision for me, please take it seriously! :]

Love,
~Nat ❤️

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 5 April 2011 at 3:43 PM

Well, where does your mom live? And where does your dad live? I know you told me before but I kinda forgot.

Deleted • 5 April 2011 at 3:46 PM

@thepells4 My dad lives in Ohio and my mom lives in Kentucky..Wont be that far away but I wokt be able to see the people I like most everyday..Dunno what to do.. Plus afraid of my dads reaction ☹️

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 5 April 2011 at 3:48 PM

@Dawnfur Hmmm... Well I gtg in a few minutes and I might not be able to decide now, but I can help you when I come back online...

Deleted • 5 April 2011 at 3:50 PM

@thepells4 well I'll probably have had to go by then..Two of my closest friends are moving I think I might..One is moving in the same city as I would :] and Jacob, well he goes to my moms all the time! XD

Deleted • 5 April 2011 at 6:46 PM

Well, if you can still see your friends some, and if some of your closest friends you'd be able to see quite often, then yes. I think you should.

As for your dad's reaction, just don't listen to him. If he yells, ignore it.

There. My advice. xD Short and sweet, FOLLOW YOUR HEART!!! *Cheesy music*

Deleted • 5 April 2011 at 6:51 PM

Go to your mom! It seems that since Jacob goes to your mom a lot you should just go!

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 5 April 2011 at 9:55 PM

Difficult decision... But if your closest friends are moving anyway (and one to your same city!), and if your boyfriend goes to your mom's all the time, and you're not happy with living with your dad; I say move.

All in all, you should do whatever will make you happiest.

Female
21 posts

calicowanderer • 5 April 2011 at 10:07 PM

maybe you could try it out before deciding, and about your dad, his job is to support you, and what makes you happy, not the other way around. Just saying that because i myself have a hard time sometimes saying no to my dad.

Deleted • 6 April 2011 at 3:27 PM

@ijilleh Thanks..:]
@chloekins Thanks, Chloe :] I'm going to but I have to wait till the end of the year.
@smartie2742 Thanks, really =] I think I really would be happier there..
@calicowanderer Thanks :] I've lived with my dad since he divorced my mom though..Which was when I was 3.
@Thepells4 Made your decision yet? 😊

Male
2,935 posts

miomar • 6 April 2011 at 3:38 PM

I think you should move, for many reasons that are already said😋

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 6 April 2011 at 3:39 PM

@Dawnfur Idk, I reallydon't knoe, I wanna help, but I really don't know. D: I don't wanna say to do what makes you happy, since you've probably already heard it a million times, but still...

Deleted • 6 April 2011 at 3:50 PM

@miomar
@thepells4

Thanks =]
I may have heard this advice a million times, but it's helping me see the lighter path 😃

Deleted • 7 April 2011 at 3:46 PM

Well, I don't want you to move..But babe if that's what makes you happy, go for it =] Your best smile [or whatever u shall get in the yearbook] Will stay there forever. Us staying won't forget you, and if you'd move back, we'd welcome you with open arms. Don't worry...We'll still see each other 😊