Thinking of half-quitting

in General

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 8 April 2011 at 9:29 PM

HEY ALL!
Lately I have been quite busy, and I know I'm only gonna get busier... so I am wondering if I should "half-quit" or go on hiatus.... also pondering on whether I should downsize and halve the size of my cove...

What are the pros and cons of leaving/staying?

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 8 April 2011 at 9:33 PM

I THOUGHT OF QUITTING IT WAS THE WORST MISTAKE EVER!!! I traded ALL my eggs to have to go through and find them all again. What about your eggs left without love? What about popularity?

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 8 April 2011 at 9:33 PM

Pro- More time for everything Con-leaving ME!

1,247 posts

Zac • 8 April 2011 at 9:34 PM

Aww that sucks! ☚ī¸ We'll all miss you if you decide to quit...

I would reccommend just sticking your creatures in Tims and remembering to come back every month or so to feed them again. 😊

You could also give out eggs, but I find that kind of irritating as a lot of people just try to get rare eggs out of it. =/ And there's no guarantee you'll get them back if you decide to return.

Good luck!

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 8 April 2011 at 9:36 PM

@zac, yeah i agree.. :/ Idk on what I should do.... I still love eggcave.. but i wanna go out an LIVE! XD

1,247 posts

Zac • 8 April 2011 at 9:41 PM

@stellalunagirl If thats the case, I'd recommend just taking a short break. Maybe for like a couple weeks or a month. I was getting tired of Egg Cave last summer and I took a short hiatus. It was extremely refreshing and I came back more excited! 😊

The only problem is that you kind of become disconnected from the community. =/

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 8 April 2011 at 9:43 PM

@zac yeah true.. you miss out on lots of stuff.. :/ Maybe I'll just go for like a week or something... and make sure my eggs are at tims this time! XD

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 8 April 2011 at 9:43 PM

dont leave stellalunagirl(idk what your name is 😱 ) or just go on a break for awhile :[

1,247 posts

Zac • 8 April 2011 at 9:44 PM

@stellalunagirl Hahaha, that sounds like a good plan! 😊 I'm glad I was able to help you maybe figure stuff out. 😸

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 8 April 2011 at 9:45 PM

@zac Im glad for the help! I just gotta figure out whether i should halve my cove size or not..... I am overly attached to things so its hard for me to decide.. :/

Female
406 posts

ninja • 8 April 2011 at 10:14 PM

@stellalunagirl
If you really must leave, I suggest you adopt most of your rare/favored eggs to a person you trust. Then if you ever decide to come back, you can always get them back.

I attempted to downsize and quit, but I got rid of half my rare eggs....and came back (although i didn't ask for them back)

A pro: more time to RL, which is what matters. Think of your future (depending on how old you are)

A Con: It's a stress relieving site, where the people are mostly nice and it's a way to get AWAY from RL.
If you are struggling to balance your time, quit cold turkey. If it's just too much, downsize 😊

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 8 April 2011 at 10:15 PM

@ninja Thanks for the advice! 😸 ❤ī¸

Female
406 posts

ninja • 8 April 2011 at 10:18 PM

@stellalunagirl
No problem 😊 I went through it too 😋

9,386 posts

smilies • 16 April 2011 at 12:14 AM

Don't leave 😸