Immortal Adults

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
494 posts

plookle • 21 June 2011 at 1:59 PM

I realize that this is an idea that's already in the works, but I was thinking about an alteration that might work better. I know there have been mixed feelings about this change, since although we no longer have to worry about dying pets, we will also miss the ready availability of great names from the pets of old users dying off.

Obviously it won't be too dramatic a change, since only the adults will survive, but I was thinking maybe, instead of going by adulthood, the rule could work with level. Level has yet to influence anything on egg cave, and I think it would be an interesting way of doing things, since evolution points are so varied, and different amounts of work are required to get there. I was thinking this would also be good because it would clear up the confusion about whether frozen pets would be immortal, since they continue to level up.

I'm not sure exactly how Ian would make this work, maybe a trophy or stamp on a creature's profile, marking it as immortal after attaining a certain level. I'm interested to hear suggestions about what people think the cut off should be, but I thought 10000 sounded reasonable, difficult but not too difficult, could be achieved within a couple months without too much effort. I just think that this is a slightly more difficult and more equal way of doing things. 😊

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 2:05 PM

*Agrees* πŸ˜ƒ
I would be more reasonable to me than just making them immortal as adults/frozen
You'd have to put in a little bit more effort & prove that you were capable of taking care of them first :]
I still personally don't like the immortality thing in the first place, but this is a bit better

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 21 June 2011 at 2:06 PM

I think that if you payed real money to have your pets frozen, they should also be immortal. And I do not like the immortal adults idea, yeah because the names. I love the level idea, and I think this would work well.

@Ian Listen to this πŸ˜ƒ

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 21 June 2011 at 2:06 PM

@plookle
I love that Idea πŸ˜ƒ

Female
2,595 posts

maineen • 21 June 2011 at 2:10 PM

@plooke me too😊

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 21 June 2011 at 2:21 PM

@plookle same hereπŸ˜ƒ, I think that doing something like this will make the immortal thing fair!

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 21 June 2011 at 2:47 PM

I like the idea althought I think 10,000 is a little to large, it would take a long time to level a user's entire cove to that. πŸ˜‹

Although, I do want frozen eggs to not die since they cannot evolve. Ian said he might implement something similar for frozen eggs anyway.

Female
494 posts

plookle • 21 June 2011 at 3:14 PM

@nvr4evr1

I appreciate the feedback. But for me that's kind of the point. Immortality would be a challenge, something you would have to work to get with each creature, not something that everyone was entitled to. And if the cut off was too low it would defeat the whole purpose, which for me was to give a slight remedy to the available name issue.

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 21 June 2011 at 3:23 PM

@plookle It's a pretty good Idea, because it requires working on keeping your creatures happy. But the other part of me says it's too much work, and if I went away for a long time, my creatures that are not quite there yet would most likely have died in that time.

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 3:30 PM

@plookle NICE 😊D

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 21 June 2011 at 3:34 PM

@takatheeducatedkid Then you should book them at Tim's every month. Right?

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 21 June 2011 at 3:36 PM

@redfire77 Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that? *smacks self*

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 21 June 2011 at 5:31 PM

I asked Ian about levels, and he said that he has plans for them. πŸ˜‰ So, this maybe one of his plans; he didn't tell us all the details about immortal adults.

Female
494 posts

plookle • 21 June 2011 at 5:33 PM

@whitefall maybe... the way he's been phrasing it though it sounds like he intends to make all adult creatures immortal.

Female
681 posts

arabianninja • 21 June 2011 at 5:33 PM

The idea with the levels sounds reasonable and really good. I think that would be a far better way than just making every adult creature immortal

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 21 June 2011 at 5:36 PM

But I'm glad he's doing something with levels! Maybe he'll use your idea, plookle. :] I'm more interested in Levels than regular stats. xD

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 21 June 2011 at 7:03 PM

Wow... this idea is very good. And no, I didn't plan to factor in levels with regards to immortality, but this idea is definitely growing on me.

Please, by all means... keep discussing this amongst yourselves. I may actually consider changing the functionality of immortality altogether.

Levels are definitely more representative of the maturity of a creature, rather than, "oh you just reached the last evolution for this egg: IMMORTAL NOW!"

More thoughts? πŸ˜ƒ

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 21 June 2011 at 7:06 PM

@Ian

Well, I think that people that haven't been on for xxx amount of months will be sent a message that their account will be deleted if they do not visit, after a wekk after the message is sent, and they do not come on, the account is gone. πŸ˜ƒ

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 21 June 2011 at 7:10 PM

@Ian Well, some people have been saying that you should dharge ec or cc for immortality, but I completely disagree with that, since most of my creatures are full grown, I have tons, and Tim's costs like 500k for all of them. -.- I think that users who haven't been on for a certain amount of time shouldn't have immortality, but full grown creatureswould need to be a certain age? 😱 Ex. A full grown creature that's...Say... 2 weeks old, maybe? 😱

Female
377 posts

hvernon • 21 June 2011 at 7:16 PM

Yeah, I don't understand levels and how to get high levels.

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 21 June 2011 at 7:29 PM

@plookle
i totally agree πŸ˜ƒ great idea

Female
494 posts

plookle • 21 June 2011 at 7:33 PM

I don't like the age idea. Because the whole concern is that full growns on abandoned accounts would become immortal, and putting a time restriction on it wouldn't really prevent that, at least for a large amount of them. Many dying creatures last months before they actually die, full growns included. If we go by level, the user has to be making a real effort and commitment if they want immortality, and they will eventually earn it.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 7:40 PM

I'm not sure about the level concept. I'm the kind of user that "home grows" creatures, and as a result their levels aren't too high. I don't do any speed hatching or anything, and I'm not even sure how you gain levels.

Female
494 posts

plookle • 21 June 2011 at 8:21 PM

@crescentfeather levels reflect the number of clicks, feeds, and views a creature has. I don't know the exact ratios, but even if your creatures are growing slowly, they're still growing, and they're levels will still increase.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 8:23 PM

@plookle Yes, but because I am not getting very many of any of those, it would still take longer, correct?

Also, I have NO IDEA how these guys hatch their creatures so fast in the first place.

Female
494 posts

plookle • 21 June 2011 at 8:26 PM

@crecentfeather Yes, that's right. It all depends on how quickly you can accumulate clicks, views, and feeds. And I think a lot of us use outside click exchanges, like Yarolds, to evolve our creatures with such speed. I use Yarolds now, but for a long time I didn't, and I still leveled up and evolved fairly quickly. Just be deliberate in your featured egg, be active around the site, and do a lot of feedbacks. Not much too it besides some industry. πŸ˜‰

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 22 June 2011 at 12:45 PM

@plookle Yarolds? Hmmm.... *searches*