So, yeah art stuff?

in Chit-Chat

1,558 posts

dragonii • 1 September 2016 at 3:03 PM

How many of you guys are actually interested in buying/requesting art?

I've notice A few users including myself opening art shops For a way to gain EC but not many people head towards them.

I've opened up an graphic design (Adobe photoshopping) art request(Free) shop, and no one seemed to take any interest in it at all.

So I am curious,
When you look at art what attracts you to it?
what makes you want it?
And What makes you dislike it?
What makes you avoid it?

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 1 September 2016 at 3:43 PM

@dragonii

I'll admit this is true. But I'm guessing it's because art is subjective? It all depends on personal preference I suppose - everyone has their own taste in art. I guess that's why it doesn't really attract that much attention. But it's all just assumption on my part.

In response to your questions:

1. The style, subject, and medium used.
2. Whether it looks good or not (again, subjective) and if it's something that interests me.
3. If the technique isn't that well developed (subjective) or if the subject material is one I'm not comfortable with/dislike.
4. Like mentioned above, if the subject material is something I'm uncomfortable with or dislike.

Really, everything varies from person to person though. But I hope I at least helped a bit in your dilemma.😊 Trust me, I think about this a lot as well (like how some of my works attract a lot of attention while others don't). I chalk it up to the personal preference of the people viewing them.