@Balletninja
@Smilies
@Fluffy
@Ladybugheart

Tips?

Female
1,384 posts

bubble_tree • 28 November 2011 at 12:20 AM

@chloekins Just write. You don't need to think about it first to express whatever it is your thinking. My creative writings teacher says that. 😊 When i first started, just simply write out whatever is happening to your character that goes with whatever is happening. 😃

Deleted • 28 November 2011 at 12:21 AM

@Bubble_tree

That is wonderful advice😊

Female
1,384 posts

bubble_tree • 28 November 2011 at 12:23 AM

@chloekins *blushes* Oh thank you! 😊

Deleted • 28 November 2011 at 12:23 AM

@Bubble_tree

What is God Modding?

Female
1,384 posts

bubble_tree • 28 November 2011 at 12:26 AM

@chloekins I'm multitasking! xD God-modding is when you control someone's charrie.

Ex.

She threw the rock at the girl and the girl fell.

^^You're saying what the person is doing that you think will happen. The person might have dodged the rock or gotten hit and didn't fall.

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 28 November 2011 at 12:28 AM

@chloekins
Roleplay is a little more complicated than straight-out creative writing because there's some give and take that comes with the multiple writers. Things that are nice in novels (characters that engage in dialogue, etc.) become absolutely necessary in the roleplay environment.

My point is: don't do anything that inhibits other people. Don't make your character in need of saving all the time. Also, don't make your character invincible all the time. Be open to interaction and keep the plot moving forward.

But that's all really vague. X3 Anything else?

Deleted • 28 November 2011 at 12:31 AM

@Silver_winged

Perfect😃 THANKS❤️

@Bubble_tree

Oh, okay! So instead it should be like:

#1:

#1 threw a rock at the girl.

#2:

#2 dogged the rock, but fell to the ground.

Female
1,384 posts

bubble_tree • 28 November 2011 at 12:33 AM

@chloekins Yeah. You do one action but don't do so for another person.

This is confusing me now. xD

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 28 November 2011 at 12:33 AM

@chloekins
You're welcome! If you need anything else, just ask. X3 I've been doing this for quite a while.

Deleted • 28 November 2011 at 12:34 AM

@Silver_winged

You should join The 100th Hunger Games. It should be fun ^^

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 28 November 2011 at 12:36 AM

@chloekins
I'll think about it. ^^; Thanks.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 28 November 2011 at 7:23 PM

Make sure to keep realistic flaws in your characters, and not to power play. Give them a personality, and let them have strengths and weaknesses.

Also, try to be as literate as you can. Write complete sentences, and try to write at least five of them. Use good grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

I'll post more tips later. ^^

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 28 November 2011 at 7:33 PM

@cholekins

Tips:

Be literate. Use grammar, punctuation, and stuff.

DO NOT GOD-MODD. It's when you control someone's character or sometimes when your character is 'perfect' (that's sometimes called a 'Mary Jane' character)

Female
2,300 posts

metaphor • 29 November 2011 at 11:12 PM

@chloekins

Purple prose is bad. Really.
It's better to be bland and write "It snowed" imho so that the rp actually moves along rather than babble on about "pristine snowflakes like elegant dancers against the cerulean winter skies" or some nonsense like that, which seems to plague literate rp.😋

Deleted • 29 November 2011 at 11:14 PM

@Metaphor

Oh, okay! I was thinking that the better the description, the better RP is! Thanks!

Female
2,300 posts

metaphor • 29 November 2011 at 11:19 PM

@chloekins

See, and that's what I think gets most literate rpers confused. They mean well, and some detail is okay, it's just that not every action needs a metaphor or simile and not every noun needs an adjective. That's actually a no-no in writing in general, but it's something to watch out for in rp especially since a successful rp depends on multiple writers.

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 November 2011 at 11:25 PM

I wonder if I sometimes use to much description then O_o Ah well.