Website Idea

in Entertainment

Non-binary
8,707 posts

pebblestar-nightclan • 18 December 2011 at 9:22 PM

Okay, I've thought of an adoptable pet website. I want it to be different from all of the others... I want it to stay off from being similar to Egg Cave and FooPets. I want people to go to it and not think that it will be "just another one of those adoptable sites." I want them to think about it like they do when they enter Egg Cave and FooPets. Only, I want it to be unique... Similar to FooPets, but different. Similar to Egg Cave, but having it's own styles. Here is some info about it below... If you have any ideas on how to switch it from being more unique, please tell me. 😊

Name: Xpets.com
Currency: Xcoins
Buyable currency: Xcash

I also need a name for the licenses to breed, votes on which pets to create, and a lot more. Please post your ideas below. 😊 You will be given credit for it.

Female
469 posts

peachy4657 • 18 December 2011 at 9:44 PM

@pebblestar-nightclan This is a cool idea...but maybe you should give more details. ^^

Non-binary
8,707 posts

pebblestar-nightclan • 18 December 2011 at 9:49 PM

@peachy4657

Yeah. I'm still thinking about everything that's going to be in it. 😊 It'll take a lot of time and planning. Hopefully I'll do a lot of it this Christmas break. Do you have any suggestions so far?

Male
619 posts

dragonstorm78 • 18 December 2011 at 9:52 PM

@pebblestar-nightclan
I've always wanted to make a site like this, but it never worked out. I know of a site that hosts adoptable sites, but since you want it to be different, it probably wouldn't work.

Do you have any more ideas, other than it being out-of-the-box and completely different?

Non-binary
8,707 posts

pebblestar-nightclan • 18 December 2011 at 9:54 PM

@dragonstorm78

Do you mean like more ideas for the website, or ways to create it? I've used webs for my website, but when I become more advanced with this idea, I will switch to a more advanced website to create. Or, perhaps I will just find a way to make it on my own. I've always been clever with technology...

So what exactly are you asking?

Male
619 posts

dragonstorm78 • 18 December 2011 at 9:56 PM

@pebblestar-nightclan
What kind of pets are you going to make? What's the background story of the world they live in going to be? What are the pets going to look like? Like that.

In other words, do you have ideas about the mythology of the site?

Non-binary
8,707 posts

pebblestar-nightclan • 18 December 2011 at 10:00 PM

@dragonstorm78

I want it to be as realistic as possible. I will probably be designing my own graphics, pictures, etc. Or, I might hire somebody to do it. Maybe for free. Probably for pay. The pets will be realistic. We'll start off with cats and dogs, then update to birds, fish, etc. The pets aren't going to be cartoon-ish... They are going to look real. They will be pets just picked out of the shelter...

My plans are also for this website to be a free website to join. No money HAS to be used in the website. I want to have a shop, where people can submit art so that they can make furniture.

This part, I have pretty much planned out...

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 19 December 2011 at 2:39 AM

So kind of like Nintendogs, but with more animals? The art submission idea is really cool.

Maybe you can have special achievements to unlock more pets you can adopt. Like, completing scavenger hunts or scoring high on a game. But how to unlock x pet is a secret, so people have to actually try many different things. Maybe there can be raffles where you win a surprise pet.

Non-binary
8,707 posts

pebblestar-nightclan • 19 December 2011 at 5:06 PM

@smartie2742

Rgar's a really good idea! I will consider that! 😊

Female
980 posts

oranberry100 • 19 December 2011 at 5:09 PM

Nice name, more details??? 😉

1,247 posts

Zac • 19 December 2011 at 9:40 PM

Topic moved to forum 'Entertainment & Multimedia.' 😊

Female
14 posts

ghosteh • 29 December 2011 at 5:26 PM

Xpets.com is taken ☚ī¸ What about Xpetsadoptables or.. something for the URL?

It shouldn't be based on clicking, clicking should just make it grow a little faster, and each one you adopt should be able to grow into a few different designs.That would be awesome.

Anyway, I would help with the drawing, but, eh, I'm not that good. So what can I do to help?