iTunes?

in Entertainment

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 27 December 2011 at 11:49 PM

I got a $50 iTunes giftcard for Christmas, along with a new mp3 player, and my mom just helped me set up an Apple ID so that I could redeem the card and shop for music.

I'm' finding it quite hard to work my way through iTunes, so I'd like several things:

Help finding my way around the site
Reccomended songs or artists for me to download
Tips on free music or waiting for cheap prices

Or anything else you guys could help me with. I'm so confused!

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 28 December 2011 at 12:06 AM

@Dreamer - What parts of iTunes do you need help on?
And what music are you into?

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 28 December 2011 at 12:08 AM

@Sky I just need help getting around it in general. No specific parts. X3

As for music, I usually like variations of Pop... But I'm also looking for something new and addicting.

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 December 2011 at 12:10 AM

@dreamer songs dont have discounts, so you can get rid of the third thing you need help on XD

itunes is pretty easy to navigate. under "store" there is "itunes store", and everything is there.

download music you like. i remember you liked kesha right?

and i would reccomend downloading albums instead of songs- its cheaper. (unless you dont like all the songs in the album XD)

any other specific questions feel free to ask me!

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 28 December 2011 at 12:14 AM

@Candy_girl_1298 But all the songs are like two bucks, which seems kinda expensive for three and a half minutes of music. D8

Very much yes. xD But that's gwtting old. I've already picked through her album and bought what I liekd on a different site. her, and Jessie J's album as well. So there would be no use buying the entire albums. xD

I was thinking about buying an album, but other than the albums I've already picked through, there isn't much that I love. D8

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 28 December 2011 at 12:16 AM

@Dreamer - Oh, hmm.
Well, I'm not at all good at explaining much about things, to be more specific, iTunes.

Heh, well.
I suggest checking out Breathe Carolina? Not sure if you know of them. They released their new album not too long ago.
Oh! And then there's...Natalia Kills, Tiffany Dunn, Cheryl Cole, LIGHTS and Nikki Flores.

:/

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 28 December 2011 at 12:17 AM

@Sky That's okay. xD I usually learn things on my own. I'll just need to crusie the site. 😋

I haven't heard of the ones you listed... But I have heard of Breathe Carolina. I LOVE Blackout. Was thinking of downloading that song. But I don't really like most of their other songs.

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 December 2011 at 12:21 AM

@dreamer $1.29 yep. actually not that expensive, you get to enjoy the music forever. its actually pretty cheap if you look at the licencing price. and its not getting any cheaper.

the songs that arent popular or are from a movie are 99 cents. XD

hmm, i dont know if you like the music i listen to but here are some of my favorites:
evanescence, hey monday, kelly clarkson...

not much XD

EDIT: now that i think about it, the music on itunes is EXTREMELY cheap.... wow.

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 28 December 2011 at 12:27 AM

@Dreamer - Same here, basically how I got around this site.

Heh, well. Im into Breathe Carolina ever since I heard the song Welcome to savannah and Hello Fascination.

Natalia Kills is one of my favorites, I suggest checking out the song Wonderland from her!

Tiffany Dunn, I love her! Only talked to her a few times, well, we exchanged three/four words to each other, that's about it. But one of her songs I enjoy is Ok! And Shut the front door.

Cheryl Cole, this one song from her I cannot get out of my head, it's called Parachute, you should definitely check this song out sometime.

LIGHTS, I loved her songs since I was in the sixth grade, she just released a new album few weeks/months ago, my favorite songs are Savior, Lions! And Toes.

My number one favorite, Nikki Flores. When I listen to her songs I feel as if she's living through my own life...her songs relate to me so well, I suggest checking out her songs, Static, Hard to Breathe, Underwater and Run Away.

😊

EDIT: I'm using my iPad so there may be some spelling mistakes. -.-

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 28 December 2011 at 12:28 AM

Artist I love:

Evanescence************
Three Days Grace
Ashley Tisdale(NOT HSM, and yes I know it's kinda out of place next to these other bands xD)
Skillet
Eh, I don't know what other artists I actually like, I like random little songs from various artists.

Good luck, if you have any more questions about itunes ask away, but seems as if other users had already explained the basics.

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 16 January 2012 at 6:52 PM

So I just downloaded 2... Make that 3 now... songs on iTunes.

But I have no clue how to get them onto my MP3 Player. D8

I can't find a button to put them on my computer files, which is how I did it when I used a different site...

Someone help?

2,591 posts

celeste • 17 January 2012 at 4:50 AM

@dreamer

Have you connected your MP3 Player onto the computer yet? You usually need to do that. And, BTW, most of the time, I find it's very possible to get MP3 songs for absolutely free... I would do that, apart of the fact that I'm not stuffed to do so and I don't take my IPad out most of the time. I can give you more instructions if you have.

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 18 January 2012 at 8:18 PM

@dreamer

*cough* Use video2mp3.net *cough* All you do is take a youtube video, plug the URL in, download the song, and add it to your ipod's library when your ipod is plugged into your computer.

Best of all, it's FREE!

Female
564 posts

lonewolf • 18 January 2012 at 8:33 PM

@dreamer

If you like various Pop, try the band Breathe Electric. It's Pop and it's really catchy and addicting. It's on my fav bands list.
Here are a few songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8qD6J8Csyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOfXPKWnczU

These two are my favorite songs by them.

And as for iTunes; I'm not an expert. I usually just get my music from youtube with youtubemp3.org 😊

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 18 January 2012 at 8:39 PM

@dreamer
As for music, one word:

Musicals. 😃😃😃

Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Oliver, Wicked...