Midnight

in Roleplaying

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 10 January 2012 at 8:36 PM

Jo pulled the dagger out of her pocket and stabbed the Screemers holding the girl, making them pull away. She helped the boy get the little girl inside and slammed the door shut.

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 10 January 2012 at 8:55 PM

@rawrcookies08
@sakura2596
@qwaszx

Grateful for the girl's help, Alec pulled the younger girl completely into the house before throwing himself against the door to keep it shut while he locked it. Thudding, scraping sounds came from behind the door, suggesting that the Screemers were hurling themselves at it, or at least trying to trip the handle. With the last bolt done in place, he withdrew, turning to look at the three girls now gathered in the front room. With a pained sigh, he jogged to the hallway, returning with yet another towel. "Thank you," he said to the older girl, nodding slightly. Hesitantly, he dropped his crowbar to the floor. If the dagger was any indication, this girl was far more heavily armed than he, and he wouldn't want to provoke her.

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 10 January 2012 at 9:01 PM

Sarah helped the younger girl up and looked at Alec.
"How long will the Screemers take to go away?" She asked, impatient to get a move on and build a new shelter.
Before Alec could awnser, Tasha barked happily and jumped up on him, placing her muddy paws on his shoulders and licking his face happily.

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 10 January 2012 at 9:10 PM

@qwaszx
Alec turned now to face Sarah, looking her over as best he could in the dark room. She didn't seem much younger than he was, with determined eyes and long hair. He noted that her jacket was completely soaked--maybe they had a spare in the back? Before he could answer, the girl's dog leaped at him, nearly bowling him over. He made a surprised noise and jumped back, wiping dog slobber off his face. "Sit," he attempted, now trying to swipe the mud off his good coat. He lifted his head now to make eye contact with the girl, irritation masked but still visible. "Usually about an hour before they clear out of this part of town," he said, handing the towel to her for the young girl. "Fifteen minutes at most before they're off the door. It's usually good to wait two hours, just to make sure it's safe. Besides, it doesn't look like this rain is stopping any time soon."

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 10 January 2012 at 9:14 PM

@silver_winged
"Tasha, down!" She commanded the large dog.
"Sorry." She told the older boy, looking up at him. "Why do they take so long?" She reached into her backpack and pulled out a watch, attatching it to her wrist.

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 10 January 2012 at 9:19 PM

@qwaszx
"It's all right," he replied, although his expression wasn't all too forgiving. "Well, they just confirmed four people in this one house, so it'll be a while before they give up. Generally, though, I've got no idea. They generally prowl around from midnight to one before leaving, but you won't see me outside until at least three. I wouldn't want to get caught alone against several Screemers." As he talked, his eyes began wandering back to the dog. "Did you want something to drink?" he asked again.

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 11 January 2012 at 7:26 AM

@silver_winged @qwaszx

Jo looked at Alec. "You already asked that." She said.

-----

Sorry, I've got nothing else to say XD

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 11 January 2012 at 8:06 AM

@silver_winged @rawrcookies08

Sarah frowned and sighed.
"I'm fine." She told Alec and bent down to stroke Tasha. As she was petting her, Sarah noticed something in her mouth. She pried open the dogs strong jaws, without hurting her and gasped.
"It's a Screemer ID card!" She said standing up quickly, a small sheet of plastic in her hand.

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 11 January 2012 at 5:20 PM

@qwaszx
@rawrcookies08
@sakura2596

"I was asking her," Alec reminded Jo without looking at her. After Sarah denied a drink, he made his way over to the kitchen, starting a fire for the teapot. He'd barely gotten the tinder to light when he heard a loud gasp from the room. Whirling around, he sprinted out of the kitchen and back into the front room. Nobody was hurt, he realized, feeling slightly embarrassed. But the thing she'd found was no small news either. "They have ID cards?" Alec asked, approaching her to look at the plastic card more carefully. "I didn't know they were so organized."

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 11 January 2012 at 5:31 PM

Jo gave Alec a weird look. "Finally, I've been looking for one of these ID cards for four years!" She said to Sarah. "By the way, what are your names?"

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 11 January 2012 at 5:35 PM

Alec frowned at Jo. "I usually don't keep Screemers around long enough for them to show me their business cards," he responded coldly, wondering exactly when the Screemers would clear out. Before, he'd been convinced that the girl with the dog would end up being more trouble, but now he wasn't so sure. "I'm Alec," he responded, still trying to get a good look at the card.

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 11 January 2012 at 5:38 PM

"No.. about the- never mind. Okay, cool." She gave him the card to look at, but kept a close eye on him in case he tried to take it. She never trusted anyone until she had known them for a while.

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 11 January 2012 at 5:40 PM

@silver_winged
@rawrcookies08

"I'm Sarah." She replied. Seeing their interest in the card, she tucked it away in her pocket.
"Good girl!" She said bending over to Tasha again. She heard a noise and looked up. She lunged for her back pack and pulled out a long knife. She turned to face the three Screemers who had pushed in through the window.

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 11 January 2012 at 5:41 PM

"Okay." Seeing the Screemers, Jo slipped her bow and arrows out of her backpack and shot all three of the Screemers straight in the heart. They fell back out of the window, dead.

Female
5,185 posts

sakura2596 • 11 January 2012 at 5:57 PM

silverstarr looked at the unknown people that helped her,'thank you,'she finally said,'im silverstarr.'she intrducede herself,trying to block off the desperate screams from the screemers.she hoped that the beasts would leave soon,it was getting really annoying.

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 11 January 2012 at 6:17 PM

@qwaszx
@silver_winged

Jo turned to Alec, Sarah, and Silverstarr, acting like nothing had happened. "So, what do you do with this house?"

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 11 January 2012 at 6:20 PM

Alec made a frustrated noise, approaching the window. He picked up a large shard of glass and hurled it out the window. "Another one gone," he muttered, looking around for something he could use to shutter it. "I'll have to board that up tomorrow." At Jo's question, he turned around, the light from the window silhouetting his tall figure and obscuring his face. "We take in kids who've lost their parents to the Screemers. Feed them, keep them safe, all that."

Female
5,185 posts

sakura2596 • 11 January 2012 at 6:23 PM

silverstarr looked at them,wondering if they even knew she said anything.

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 11 January 2012 at 6:32 PM

"Oh." Jo said. Her parents were dead, and she was homeless, but she wasn't interested in staying in this house for more than a few days. "I'm not going to stay for long, I've got Screemers to hunt down. If you, Sarah, and Silverstarr feel like coming with me, that's fine. But if you don't want to, I'm going to have to leave soon." She faced Alec. "If you want to come, I have food for all of us, and I'm sure Sarah has some too." Jo gestured to the basket of fruit. "You can get someone else to take care of the kids who are staying here. So, what do you say?"

@qwaszx
@silver_winged
@sakura2596

Female
5,185 posts

sakura2596 • 11 January 2012 at 6:39 PM

'ummmm,sure,id rather go SOMEWHERE then to stay in that stupid cave all the time.'silverstarr quoted.

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 12 January 2012 at 5:47 PM

@qwaszx
@silver_winged
Where are you guys?

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 12 January 2012 at 5:52 PM

@silver_winged
@rawrcookies08

Sarah's throat tightened as she put away the knife, thinking of her parents.
"I better go." She said hoarsly, trying to keep back tears. This was the only thought that made her cry. She had ling ago learned to block it out. She started toward the door, but was quickly reminded that the Screemers were there, by the loud thumping. She sighed and turned toward Alec.
"What now?" She asked

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 12 January 2012 at 5:54 PM

Jo looked at Sarah strangely. She wasn't used to people crying, she was always by herself. "So..? Will you come?"

@qwaszx