A Guide to Making a Roleplay.

in Roleplaying

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 1:55 AM

BUMP THIS.
Hi there. This is a guide on making a roleplay.
Yeah. But really people, its getting out of hand. Lizardfeather made something like this but hey, it is the LAST topic in the entire roleplay section. That just shows how much people don't listen.
First off, don't go making a million roleplays. You won't be able to keep up, I'm telling you. Also a tip in joining roleplays:
BE LITERATE. Mostly everyone here is semi-lit to lit. So try to be like them and have at least a paragraph per post. ^^
Okay. So first, you REALLY need to think out a plot. Seriously. It is the foundation of this, so called, "mansion" that we are building. Okay? ^^
So first, think of a title. I am going to show you a basic roleplay template:
---
Title: The Wind and the Wolves

Start off with something catchy, that will bring people to your roleplay. Don't just say, "Oh join this RP we will figure stuffz out later nd watever so yadayada"
Setting: Important. You need to have a clear setting.
Plot: OMIGOD. THE most important part. Make it EXTREMELY detailed. Make it interesting. Make it so people want to keep RPing after a week.
Forms: Do not just say,
Name:
Make it more detailed so people can have a chance to really introduce their characters.
Rules:
Also important. There should be stuff like "No godmodding, powerplaying, etc." 😊

So this is your guide to making a roleplay. Any more tips? Post them below please! ^^

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 5 June 2011 at 10:24 AM

I think this is very good 😊 another tip is not to make TOO many characters. It's hard to keep up with all of them and the RP gets really confusing.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 5 June 2011 at 12:50 PM

@pwuffy this is AWESOME. but I don't think that some people know what god-modding is. -__- In one rp that I'm in, this 18 year old girl took out 5+ professionally trained guards and then killed them by pressing certain nerves...

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 2:49 PM

@redfire77 @randomkitty17 Glad you think so. ^^ I hope more people will see this and realize what to do!!

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 5 June 2011 at 10:16 PM

Yeh, this is good. ^^ Only, sometimes I make some rps with Eggcve creatures, where people choose a creature, usually one of their own, and make it say things and do actions. Not much of a setting or form or anything, just choose a creature and jump into the fun. And you're in the place of one of your creatures, so you're like, *"so and so" jumps offa cliff* I know that's violent. xD and then it's like, soandso: Ha! Take THAT!
And those type of rps are very succesful and fun. So, would those be good rps, too? People like having fun in them with an ever-changing scene and events and a theme that allows anyone to jump in at any time and still be accepted into the rp.

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 10:29 PM

@thepells4 Yeah, I like RPs that have the plot-as-you-go type of thing but it is good to have a simple basic plot like, "Evil marshamallows have taken over" or something xD

9,386 posts

smilies • 5 June 2011 at 10:42 PM

@pwuffy yeah, this is really good 😊 @thepells4 those are like, unserious rps, which can be a lot of fun 😊

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 10:42 PM

@smilies Thank you ^^

9,386 posts

smilies • 5 June 2011 at 10:44 PM

@pwuffy WHOA you replied before my iPod even finished loading the refresh xD

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 10:46 PM

@smilies LOL Imma post stalkerrrr

9,386 posts

smilies • 5 June 2011 at 10:51 PM

Sometimes I have less than a paragraph when it's conversation.... xD

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 10:52 PM

@smilies Well yeah, understandable. But don't go, "The yellow kitty cat walked to the tree and looked at it. He was really bored." |D

9,386 posts

smilies • 5 June 2011 at 11:07 PM

??? I was proud of that post! JOKING 😋 Another thing that happens often is two charries are having a tense conversation in a locked room then a charrie kicks down the door and says hi. Sometimes they don't even kick down the door, sometimes they just walk up and say hi. And you are just like O_o For instance.

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 11:09 PM

@smilies LOL yup. Or like, you say, "Charrie1 dove into the water and went really deep."
Then, "Charrie2 went up to Charrie1 and pulled him/her out of the water." Um, excuse me, I wanted to be down there. I never said "drown".

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 5 June 2011 at 11:14 PM

And then a user who's not even IN the RP posts a useless comment
Though, that doesn't count much.
Nevermind then...

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 11:16 PM

@icymuffin LOL. yeah, and I hate it when people join and they have no idea what is going on or what the roleplay is even about.

9,386 posts

smilies • 5 June 2011 at 11:18 PM

@pwuffy lol 😊 Or,
Charrie1 ate a cookie.
Charrie2 stole his cookie

LOLZA xD

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 11:20 PM

@smilies LOL! Its funny though. Or like:
Charrie1: "But... Charrie2.... we're all going to die."
Charrie2: "Well it is better that everyone is together in this field. Nobody else on earth is anywhere else."
Charrie3: Is swimming in an ocean.
WTH.

9,386 posts

smilies • 5 June 2011 at 11:26 PM

@pwuffy xD LMAO xD basically it has to male sense xS

Deleted • 5 June 2011 at 11:27 PM

@smilies LOL true dat.

9,386 posts

smilies • 5 June 2011 at 11:32 PM

@pwuffy do you ever do something really stupid, like decide to set a story in Paraguay or whatever when you don't know the first thing about it? xD

Deleted • 6 June 2011 at 3:27 PM

@smilies lol yea heheh! ♪

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 7 June 2011 at 7:19 PM

Random comment 😋

Don't you just hate it when someone constantly begs you to know what is going on because they don't want to read the posts? Dx it's so annoying! It distracts people from the roleplay (sometimes in climatic situations) and it's REALLY frustrating!

Deleted • 7 June 2011 at 9:30 PM

I agree xD

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 9 June 2011 at 12:24 AM

@smilies I really don't like it when someone's chara is really overpowered, like this:

Chara1 sprinted up to the guards, and knocked them out cleanly, then by splitting a certain tendon, disabled them from running. Then Chara1 sprinted towards a cab, knocked the cab driver out and sped through the streets, completely losing her pursuers.

I mean, WTF!

9,386 posts

smilies • 9 June 2011 at 12:31 AM

@redfire77 I know right! You need plot problems, nothing can be that easy!

Charrie1 unpicked the lock on her cage, sneaked past the guards on watch, unpicked the lock on the door, hijacked the private plane and flew it out of the prison. She landed on a tropical island in the Pacific Ocean and enjoyed champagne while watching the sun set.

Deleted • 9 June 2011 at 7:12 PM

@smilies LOL LMAO

Wolf1 bit Wolf2's neck. Easily, he made it bleed. He let Wolf2 lay on the ground and bleed to death.

Killing other's charries w/out permission=BIG NO-NO!

9,386 posts

smilies • 10 June 2011 at 12:31 AM

@pwuffy You could be outcast from the rp for that. You SHOULD be 😸 Even just controlling like this:

Charrie1: "OMIGOSH! Have you SEEN buildings that tall before? Ooh, look at that dress! OMG that dog is SOOOO cute! I want a dog!"
Charrie2 looked at Charrie1 weirdly.
Charrie1: "Don't you like dogs?"

CHARRIE2 IS MINE YOU MEAN CONTROLLER! >:[ Jokes 😋

Deleted • 10 June 2011 at 6:25 AM

@smilies LOL

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 12 June 2011 at 10:54 AM

BUMP